Froggy went a courting

I had a good few hours out mooching today & came across these things on my travels , i had found a tree to sit under & have a fag & a min to take in the surroundings & i spotted a squirell , it hadnt seen me so i moved myself round to get a photo & i was just crawling round on my knees & i heard foot steps :laugh:

This bloke looked at me gone out as i said i was after a squirell , thinking about it i would have done the same :laugh: anyway i got one pic of it but its shite :laugh:

IMG_4660.jpg

First Robin other than in a tree

IMG_4648-1.jpg

Underside of a tree branch

IMG_4676.jpg

My favourite find of the day

IMG_4678.jpg

They looked shagged out :laugh:

IMG_4679.jpg

I see its the female carrying him about

IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4692-1.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

He fancied his chances as well

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4722.jpg

Think he needs an appointment with spiderpig :laugh:

IMG_4716.jpg

I had to lay down to take this but i am happy with the result

IMG_4696.jpg

IMG_4712.jpg

A splash of colour to finnish the day off , all in all a lovely morning & worth getting out of bed for :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some ace photos there, Kay :clapper:

Is that a catkin in the second but last photo? It's good shot whatever it is, anyway :)

I think they are catkins some are still closed tight & some really opened up today , strange on the same tree

Looks like it could be the common toad as i videod the pair walking into the undergrowth , mind you i think she would have struggled to hop with him on her back :laugh::laugh:

Nutter alert............. :D

your certainly getting out and about kay.........

poor toady must of been right annoyed when you were taking pics of him at his ............um.................BUSINESS...... :laugh:

Nutter alert............. :D

your certainly getting out and about kay.........

poor toady must of been right annoyed when you were taking pics of him at his ............um.................BUSINESS...... :laugh:

There lucky i nearly trod on them right on the foot path they were , i thought it was a canine faesces alert :laugh:

You're right Kay; they're toads. When you're looking for the spawn it will be in long strings wound all around the pond weed etc as opposed to the clumps of frog spawn.

I had a look on line for there spawn & thats exactly what i read & saw, at least i know what to look for now :laugh: , there rather nice little things i think