• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shows are getting more and more popular for the breed as well.

the working blood is too diluted im sure.

LADS I GOT TO HAD TO THIS AND GIVE DUE WHERE ITS DUE NEVER BEEN GREAT PLUMMER FAN BUT A MATE OF MINE HAS BEEN KEEPING THEM NOW FOR GOING ON NEARLY TWENTY YEARS IN THAT TIME HES HAD SOME REAL GOODUNS AND TOOK SOME GOOD BUMPINS . HE PUT ONE OF THESE BITCHS TO A GOOD RUSSELL DOG BRED A LITTER OF PUPS FROM THEM AND SHARED THEM OUT BE TWEEN THEM I END UP WITH ONE DOG PUP WHEN IT WAS TWELVE MONTHS OLD I DIDNT WANT IT BUT INSISTED . TOOK THIS DOG ON FIRST DIG WITH HOUNDS AND HENTED STRAIGHT AWAY DUG TO HIM AT 6FT UP CLOSE AND GETTING REAL PERSONAL COUDNT ASK FOR ANY AND AS GONE ON AND PROVED HIM SELF TIME AND TIME AGAIN . HE AS ALSO SIRED SOME CRACKING PUPS WHICH ARE SHOWING GOOD PROMISE . THE ANSWER TO IT IS DO YOUR HOME WORK AND FIND THE TRUE WORKS BECAUSE THEY CAN BE VERY USEFULL.
i dont know the answer to the last post but i do know that i got my pup off keeps for washers and they travelled a fair few miles to meet me half way. :notworthy:

I`me thinking of next year getting myself a terrier pup, i know keeps myself and if cleanspade recomends getting one from keeps, i`ll be sending a p.m. to see if keeps has a litter planned..

Mars..

well if you want an all round terrier you could do a lot worse. ;) but if you wanted a diggin dog you would do better to buy from diggin stuff. my bitch was bought to work on top and in heavy cover and farm dumps ect alongside a lurcher to hunt up and knock stuff from cover :) and also to go to ground and bolt foxes. she is doing everything i got her for and i'm happy with her if you are looking for something similar then i recomend her breeding

shows are getting more and more popular for the breed as well.

the working blood is too diluted im sure.

LADS I GOT TO HAD TO THIS AND GIVE DUE WHERE ITS DUE NEVER BEEN GREAT PLUMMER FAN BUT A MATE OF MINE HAS BEEN KEEPING THEM NOW FOR GOING ON NEARLY TWENTY YEARS IN THAT TIME HES HAD SOME REAL GOODUNS AND TOOK SOME GOOD BUMPINS . HE PUT ONE OF THESE BITCHS TO A GOOD RUSSELL DOG BRED A LITTER OF PUPS FROM THEM AND SHARED THEM OUT BE TWEEN THEM I END UP WITH ONE DOG PUP WHEN IT WAS TWELVE MONTHS OLD I DIDNT WANT IT BUT INSISTED . TOOK THIS DOG ON FIRST DIG WITH HOUNDS AND HENTED STRAIGHT AWAY DUG TO HIM AT 6FT UP CLOSE AND GETTING REAL PERSONAL COUDNT ASK FOR ANY AND AS GONE ON AND PROVED HIM SELF TIME AND TIME AGAIN . HE AS ALSO SIRED SOME CRACKING PUPS WHICH ARE SHOWING GOOD PROMISE . THE ANSWER TO IT IS DO YOUR HOME WORK AND FIND THE TRUE WORKS BECAUSE THEY CAN BE VERY USEFULL.

i heard there was a fella who had some usefull crossbred plummer /russells. i think the plummer was vandal lines and the russell foxwarren. wouldnt be the same fella would it :)

i think his wish and many others is kc registation

the breeds making money and so in my view is doomed.

plummers no matter how bred are bring silly money(saying that a lad in the pub has a litter of russels at £200 and there ugly long tailed pets).

SO ARE PLUMMERS I HATE THE BLOODY THING ID RATHER HAVE NO TERRIERS THAN THAT SHTE

so keeps, on that note, whose and what lines/breeder did you buy from initially in order to get your 'working lines'? and how much did you pay ?

I'll reply then, Legion dogs from Legion Kennels, bred by myself and the price for 2 bitches (Ellie and Daisy)and one dog(Bear) was 3 for £650, all workers.

yours Tim

ps. I have a litter of quality puppies due in 4 weeks, out of a bitch who is by Alan Dungworths, Sonatol Todd , she is also the dam of Legion Beesley - see Legion Kennnels site - http://www.plummerterrier.com youngstock page.

Just had a look at the site..How many times was alan dungworths dog used and why? says he was a champion. at what? Alan Dungworth lives in my town and known him for a long time but he has never dug a fox in his life and definatly not with that dog.

what is the best price to paid for a plummer terrier bitch cos i have a plummer bitch and im wanting a pup to go with her

The best price to pay for a terrier pup is nowt,I have never asked for a penny for any pup i ever bred,only that they are going to a working home and givin a fair chance,and given on condition that they are not to be passed on,if there to be given on or got rid of they come back to me,any decent terrier man likes to know where his stock is going and how its comming on and will be happy just to know its gone to a working home,but thats just my way, each to there own

what is the best price to paid for a plummer terrier bitch cos i have a plummer bitch and im wanting a pup to go with her

The best price to pay for a terrier pup is nowt,I have never asked for a penny for any pup i ever bred,only that they are going to a working home and givin a fair chance,and given on condition that they are not to be passed on,if there to be given on or got rid of they come back to me,any decent terrier man likes to know where his stock is going and how its comming on and will be happy just to know its gone to a working home,but thats just my way, each to there own

spot on pal thats way tis done down my way and i think its the only way to do it

Just had a look at the site..How many times was alan dungworths dog used and why? says he was a champion. at what? Alan Dungworth lives in my town and known him for a long time but he has never dug a fox in his life and definatly not with that dog.

Paul,leave me out of this shite the breed is doomed,I have dug only a few fox and have never tried to proclaim otherwise as you know I use my terriers for a bit of sport ratting,cheers good luck everyone

I only wish we could have borrowed the dog from AD, Todd contributed well to the gene pool and produced many good quality offspring ,still today we have a number of dogs which carry his blood in their pedigrees, the dog never realised his full worth for the breed , shame he went missing.

:clapper:

Pretty quick to stick the knife in bazza and keeps who took 7 terriers digging (that would have taken some explaining - what people will do to gain acceptance eh), still nice to confirm our fears, good on you , so much for unity -not! . Still thanks for bringing it to my attention .

OK serious question for you 10/22 how many of your dogs have you ever taken digging. Or how many of the dogs in your kennels (ie owned by you) have been dug or even bolted quarry.

:thumbdown: I thought I would either get no reply or some dodge the question reply. :clapper:

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::clapper::clapper::clapper: