This is the sort of advert that makes the likes of myself and a lot of working plummer owners look like a bunch of c**ts,how the hell is charging that money for a pup promoting and moving the breed forward?.Ive had 5 pages of 90% positive stuff said about a plummer terrier from working lads,now close the till and do the same in breed promotion and some may think a little more of you and the plummer terrier. :doh::wallbash: .

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the sort of advert that makes the likes of myself and a lot of working plummer owners look like a bunch of c**ts,how the hell is charging that money for a pup promoting and moving the breed forward?.Ive had 5 pages of 90% positive stuff said about a plummer terrier from working lads,now close the till and do the same in breed promotion and some may think a little more of you and the plummer terrier. :doh::wallbash: .

It’s such a shame the word’s Plummer Terrier seems to get anyone so hot and bothered, surly it’s not about this.

Sorry Graham but they spouts about breed promotion and unity and how it's every body elses fault,what i say is true and most lads and lasses on this site will agree with me.yes unfortunatly it is about this,it's these sorts of adds that undermine the breed as a whole and show where the heart is,in the till mate.You were good friends with brian how would he of felt about the two on going plummer threads,one with a worker and full of praise for the breed or one now about £400 pups and posts putting down the breed?,sorry to ask but they name drop his name and say they carry his banner at every chance they get.Thats the way a lot of us see it i'm afraid.

Guest night time my time

F**K THE PLUMMERFILES,WORK THE DOGS,

DSC00095.jpg

WHO CARES ABOUT ALL THE SILLY PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL AND POINT SCORE ON EACH OTHER, THIS IS THE ONLY REASON I WORK THE PLUMMER

10/22,

How much you looking for the pups.

Voon.

they're advertised here

http://www.ukclassifieds.co.uk/plummer_ter...es-o229741.html

edited to add, that was a year ago, so maybe its changed..

£400 to £500 a pup sorry lads i thought we were all hard workin down to earth lads not lords :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

i take it at that price you get its food and water bowls a bellman flint locator set up spade torch and a few nets ?

be it £400 or £200 people are breeding them for money and a name in the breed.

how many f*****g breed clubs does a red and white fancy russel need, does it work better with a silly kennel name...no but it sells better.

i proved that, i sold one pup to a working home , no papers were required(he got them anyway), but the rest wanted a peice of yellow paper.

why?so they can breed or just show it off?

Sorry Graham but they spouts about breed promotion and unity and how it's every body elses fault,what i say is true and most lads and lasses on this site will agree with me.yes unfortunatly it is about this,it's these sorts of adds that undermine the breed as a whole and show where the heart is,in the till mate.You were good friends with brian how would he of felt about the two on going plummer threads,one with a worker and full of praise for the breed or one now about £400 pups and posts putting down the breed?,sorry to ask but they name drop his name and say they carry his banner at every chance they get.Thats the way a lot of us see it i'm afraid.

Yes I was his friend, for 30 odd years, and he wasn’t the boogie man, I suppose some people saw as some kind of rock that they tried to break there selves against, He wasn’t about this, that’s for sure, the way I see it with all this nonsense back biting and all, it six of one and half a dozen of the other.

post-26953-1228617033_thumb.jpg

Merry Christmas

Edited by Graham Nicholson

Yes I was his friend, for 30 odd years, and he wasn’t the boogie man, I suppose some people saw as some kind of rock that they tried to break there selves against, He wasn’t about this, that’s for sure, the way I see it with all this nonsense back biting and all, it six of one and half a dozen of the other.

post-26953-1228617033_thumb.jpg

Merry Christmas

It's nice to be nice woof woof Merry Christmas

Edited by Graham Nicholson

OOh keeps you are a venemous little bisum arent you, why not get back to your own site with your big sppon, what is your problem, most of your dogs carry Legion lines, yet now you think you are something special- who are you? been in the job since 2004 at the earliest and are now an expert- at what?

but yes the breed standard was ajusted as per Brians instructions, to class them as versatile( that means able to do many things skillfully ) agile (able to move or act quickly, physically or mentally) and adaptable (The ability to change (

or be changed) to fit changed circumstances) rather than give the dogs a one dimentional route in torder that they fit into todays political climate which as you know is mostle anti hunting, but for those hard of understanding, hunting fite perfectly into the description without actually ramming it down your throat. just because a few people have little concept of what the english language means, and listen to a woman who not only plagerised the PTCGB original name, but rides on sues back , using dogs she and Brian plummer created - who is now not only bitter and twisted but a self appointed expert in everything, she now seeks to destroy the very foundation of the breed by going her way or no way - You really need to move on keeps.

Guest buster321c
OOh keeps you are a venemous little bisum arent you, why not get back to your own site with your big sppon, what is your problem, most of your dogs carry Legion lines, yet now you think you are something special- who are you? been in the job since 2004 at the earliest and are now an expert- at what?

but yes the breed standard was ajusted as per Brians instructions, to class them as versatile( that means able to do many things skillfully ) agile (able to move or act quickly, physically or mentally) and adaptable (The ability to change (

or be changed) to fit changed circumstances) rather than give the dogs a one dimentional route in torder that they fit into todays political climate which as you know is mostle anti hunting, but for those hard of understanding, hunting fite perfectly into the description without actually ramming it down your throat. just because a few people have little concept of what the english language means, and listen to a woman who not only plagerised the PTCGB original name, but rides on sues back , using dogs she and Brian plummer created - who is now not only bitter and twisted but a self appointed expert in everything, she now seeks to destroy the very foundation of the breed by going her way or no way - You really need to move on keeps.

Getting a bit personal aint it ?? You say shes venomous but you posted 5 times ( goading imho ) before she posted again , if its the beerd you wanna talk about then do it , there no need to be funny with anybody , for anything , Buster

I will admit i know very little on the subject but Keeps imo enjoys what she does and takes very good care of her charges , is this not the way it should be ???

10/22 im sure your the same and the dangerous mixture comes together when the the politics of the breed , and various point of view get thrown into the mix , enjoy your sport , forget the rest ,Buster

Guest buster321c
I wondered the same Buster. Keeps has'nt even replied for ages then this post goading her again, just didnt make any sense to me :unsure:

If this thread is just turning into a bullying/name calling competition then it should be locked IMO. I cannot see anything usefull, informative or entertaining in this thread now.

:thumbs:

I wondered the same Buster. Keeps has'nt even replied for ages then this post goading her again, just didnt make any sense to me :unsure:

If this thread is just turning into a bullying/name calling competition then it should be locked IMO. I cannot see anything usefull, informative or entertaining in this thread now.

:thumbs:

I would just like to throw a spanner into the works regarding the pricing of one’s stock, I have always had the opinion that working dog’s are sold far too cheaply, this opinion has not changed, over the years, now there are two schools of thought here, firstly, many a so called dog man and this includes Sheppard’s, change their dog’s like they change their socks, and I have sold many a sheep dog’s over the years, I once had a litter advertised in the farmers weekly, this chaps phoned to inquire what price the pups were, £200 pound I replied, well the most I’ve ever paid is a few bales of hay for a pup, might be able to go say £25- good evening.

Brian Plummer use to hate dealing with Joe public for this very reason, and Brian wasn’t a patient man, wouldn’t and didn’t suffer fools, at any cost, we use to trade stories on the phone, which were amazing/amusing if nothing else, when Brian used to get the boot sale barterer, would you take a little less Mr Plummer-answer would you pay a little more?

Now before moving on, I would also like to add, that I have over the years given many puppies away completely free of charge, to respected dog trainers, the only price attached is that I get back, a progress report on how the line is running, or/and possibly a return pup, later on, once this line is proven itself shall we say in the field.

How many of you, if you think long and hard, have known someone over the years that, should have given his ward a little longer before getting rid? Likewise how many of you still have ageing stock, well past its sell by date languishing in ones kennels?

Some dog’s take to work like duck’s to water, some do not, and some if in good hands will achieve what they would fail in the hands of a novice.

However if the novice paid a price, say twice or three times, what he had, would he not think, I’ve paid good money for this dog? Would there be just a chance, that he may try a different approach, with his ward perhaps seek advice from an expert? Or friend?

It’s always baffled me, that a farmer will pay £500’000 for a piece of machinery, however will try and barter a price of £25 for a dog, does the dog give less?

I know we live in a throw away world, however the failure rate among working dog’s is high enough without adding to the problem by giving them away at a price that a paper boy could afford.

However if a person is selling his stock which you find the price or taste a little steep, it’s your choice, however if an experienced dog man comes to my kennels its good business sense to offer the pup- on a condition and bloody good advising to boot.