Donators

Hello guys, I'm just back in from lamping.... well there seems to be a few members that are upset about being removed... Whilst also complaining about donating... I have never once asked for donations, they are not required on this site at all... the reason it all came about was certain members like "Ditch Shitter" wanted to donate, they just felt they needed too, after continual harassment I set something up so people could IF they really wished too do it themselves...

Seriously the donations are not needed or required, anything used goes towards the $240 a month server bill, I pay for the dedicated server to manage the heavy usage and cpu/processing power required for high multiple members being on here at once...

Now there seems to be certain members, that feel as if there hand has been forced, not by me AT all...

BIGREDBUSA for example has changed his photobucket images to this shown below...I find it quite funny for someone with special needs, but also quite sad...

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii81/bi...a-2007/scan.jpg

Did I make you donate, did I heck, it was off your own back...do I need your money, no thank you..

I'll send it back to the email address it was sent from...

Also on another post WOZ claimed I had entered a 12 month contract with people (when donated) :blink: , regarding about the site closing... contract ehhhhh????

Woz I'll refund to your registered email address no problem asap... For anyone else who wants refunding please please let me know, it is not at all required, I'm not saying its not appreciated, it is, , but you are NOT required to donate and if you donate its off your own back and choice...

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnGalway

When the donation thing was being actively talked about by everyone someone asked the question about magazines, which for me might be a shooting magazine. So, how much would a magazine (that may only cover one month or even one week!) cost? I know I would have spent hundreds of £'s buying magazines to even learn one tenth of what I could learn on here in a week or two. And on here I can do it for free if I want.

Me, I've donated twice I think?

Don't want any money back here, and if any renewal message comes to my inbox I'll put in my £5 again.

Everyone makes their own choice :yes:

When the donation thing was being actively talked about by everyone someone asked the question about magazines, which for me might be a shooting magazine. So, how much would a magazine (that may only cover one month or even one week!) cost? I know I would have spent hundreds of £'s buying magazines to even learn one tenth of what I could learn on here in a week or two. And on here I can do it for free if I want.

Me, I've donated twice I think?

Don't want any money back here, and if any renewal message comes to my inbox I'll put in my £5 again.

Everyone makes their own choice :yes:

I have not bought a single magazine since becomming a member of this site...So the same goes for me.

Matt

Hi,

was alarmed after being away for the weekend to find the forum gone.

As a donator, a possible solution to this could be;

give the donations to a charity.

Only a suggestion, after all it was a small amount donated & if people get their knickers in a twist over that it would be interesting to see if they done the same if iot was donated.

Cheers

Dave

Oh ffs ... it's only a paltry fiver!!! It goes towards the monthly cost, as it should be for the amount of info and entertainment we get out of this site.

If they're going to sulk over a fiver they've got bigger problems than getting a refund :blink:

I happen to think BRB is alright even tho he's a shit stirrer. So BRB if you're lurking, get a grip will you (and not in the way you're thinking ;) ).

Ian use my fiver to go buy yourself a drink ... you must need one by now!

Oh ffs ... it's only a paltry fiver!!! It goes towards the monthly cost, as it should be for the amount of info and entertainment we get out of this site.

If they're going to sulk over a fiver they've got bigger problems than getting a refund :blink:

It's a packet of fags, or maybe a couple of pints.

One or two people here are merely demonstrating how tightfisted they are. 'I and many others' timjim. Where? In your head maybe?

I'm not a donator at the mo, but after reading this nitpicking bollax I will be as soon as IanB replies to my email...... :laugh:

Edited by droid

All this fuss about ten pence each week..... :hmm:

As John says, how much is Shooting Times, Countrymans Weekly and all the rest? :notworthy:

Ian has never asked for donations, and as such we should be grateful.

I cannot believe that people are so small minded. Lets just crack on with enjoying the forum, and accept that the donation is voluntary, and that if Ian chooses to close his site down, there is a chance you will loose some of your money. :wallbash:

Guest Magwitch

I have made so many friends on here and I mean good friends, have taken people out and have been invited out so many times. Sharing sport with good company is what its all about. £5................ come on use the forum for what its designed for.

I don't care what you do with my fiver ian. it's my way of saying thank's for what you do..........wipe your backside with it for all i care, And no i was not asked to send it but thought, what better way of saying thanks, plus if it pays a small bill to the running of the site then so be it.....

i sent it its yours.............. ;)

thanks again........

SNAP.

i'm guilty of commenting on the fiver donation, which i was more than happy to do by the way, because it offered some sort of safeguard on the sales threads (or so i thought) my comment was not intended to offend ianb or anyone else, all i asked for was a seperate dog sales bit to tidy the sales section up, please accept my apologies if i offended anyone

I think the key is in the title "donation"

donation   /doʊˈneɪʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [doh-ney-shuhn] Show IPA Pronunciation –noun

1. an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution.

2. a gift, as to a fund; contribution

let them take you to the small claims court :clapper:

all for a paltry fiver :blink: they wouldnt have a leg to stand on :clapper:;)