Homemade Lead Filled Priest

:hmm: I've thought about using a priest before............

................when I'm old & not man enough to do it with my bare hands any more! :whistling::laugh:

Only joking, there's nothing wrong with using a priest IMO. What sort of weight is on it Coatsey? :thumbs:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight I made a priest after not quite killing - and losing a rabbit on sunday. It is made from a peice of stairway banister strut, which I drilled a hole in the top of, and poured molten lead inside. I also stained it for weatherproofing.

DSCF7159.jpg

DSCF7161.jpg

what an excellent idea, never thought about that...

i use an old police trunction which is about 40 or so years old made from hard wood, smashes the skull to pieces..

dont think im trying to piss on your fire, but you could buy a spindle made from hard wood, then there wouldnt be any need to drill down the middle & place lead, plus that will probably weaken it slightly, great idea though !! :notworthy:

Tonight I made a priest after not quite killing - and losing a rabbit on sunday. It is made from a peice of stairway banister strut, which I drilled a hole in the top of, and poured molten lead inside. I also stained it for weatherproofing.

DSCF7159.jpg

DSCF7161.jpg

Dont mention priests! they make my eyes water! :wacko:

why use that ? if you feel inclined in hitting it why dont you just chop at the base of the skull , my ferreting buddy does it that way and clean kills everytime , me i just stretch em .

i use the "karate" chop or my other favourite the long drop

i am a big strong lump and kill first time with my two techniques,

i use the chop a lot on netted rabbits and never have any survivors, i did once when a teenager when trying to workout the chinning up method, the bugger got up and ran......i had a dog which made sure it didn't run far though! so after that bad attempt at chinning up i have stuck to the chop and can kill instantly and very well.......but i think a lot of that is how strong i am (i aint bragging but i'm 6'02" and weigh 19stone)....and with my nets the head always sticks through the mesh so it can be done on netted rabbits and a new net dropped and the dead bunny sorted out at a more convienient time

I also use a technique i saw my uncle use when i was a kid, he caught a rabbit by the head as it was badly netted, he pulled it clear by its head and holding round its neck swung it between his legs and stopped sharply, causing the rabbits body to flick backwards against its neck and killing it instantly...i call that the long drop as its reminiscent of a person being hanged :big_boss: but witha bit more flair!

The long drop though you must not have a rabbit in a pursenet, the first time i tried it the rabbit was in a pursenet, it killed the rabbit but the cord swung through my legs and the peg hit me on the back of the head :icon_redface:

a rabbits head will not always pass through a 2.1/4 mesh . somtimes the rabbit gets very balled up.

learn to chin them fellas , you dont need the head clear. like streching . it realy is the most proffesional way.

that being said the preist works well.