whats best

Is there a big diferance between jills, hobs ,polecats and ferrets when working them.and if so whats best.

are you asking about true polecats or are you just getting muddled up with polecat coloured ferrets

jills are faster than hobs, so normally used most, hobs are slower, and bigger so can be used to flush rabbits that wont bolt, but its everyone to their own, some just use hobs,

jills mate, dont matter if they poleys or ferts.My preference is poleys dont keep anything else.Any hob i have ever worked or saw working hasn't even come close to working a warren like a jill.

:clapper::clapper: you reckon ,Use what ever your happy, with We kill thousands of rabbits each year and only ever use dog ferrets .A big five pound winter rabbit kicking a bitch around will make them soon get sick. been there and done that :yes: .

iv had a few rabbits with ferrets i dont know why people want tiny small ferrets :no: big strong bitches will work like lightening and put plenty of rabbits into the bag but day in day out you cant better dogs for staying power and aggression. The old saying applies HOW LONGS A BIT OF STRING, good hunting this coming season what ever you use :good:

They should all be the same whatever colour WORKERS or they shouldn't be bred ,but i like a good sized jill that has the pace for a Full day's work and i have mine out 3/4 times a week

I used to always use jills but I prefer hobs like woodga, causes a few more digs now and then but thats not a problem..

When a 15 locator goes of the scale you dont want to be digging if you can help it though

I used to always use jills but I prefer hobs like woodga, causes a few more digs now and then but thats not a problem..

When a 15 locator goes of the scale you dont want to be digging if you can help it though

on a nice sandy bank, lovely time then to get the flask out lol

i prefer jills mine what i have bred are quite big and stocky and i prefer sandy coloured ferrets i can see them better

jills mate, dont matter if they poleys or ferts.My preference is poleys dont keep anything else.Any hob i have ever worked or saw working hasn't even come close to working a warren like a jill.

:clapper::clapper: you reckon ,Use what ever your happy, with We kill thousands of rabbits each year and only ever use dog ferrets .A big five pound winter rabbit kicking a bitch around will make them soon get sick. been there and done that :yes: .

iv had a few rabbits with ferrets i dont know why people want tiny small ferrets :no: big strong bitches will work like lightening and put plenty of rabbits into the bag but day in day out you cant better dogs for staying power and aggression. The old saying applies HOW LONGS A BIT OF STRING, good hunting this coming season what ever you use :good:

Aye i do reckon lol as you say woodga whatever your happy with.When i first started ferreting when i was a kid jills were the ones kept.I have tried using hobs in fact i have an old 8yr old who was a decent worker he is f*****g huge though.I have another vaz hob who works no bad.However any jills i have owned have been a dream to work.Anyway all the best happy hunting mate :victory:

JILLS WILL BOLT MORE WERE HOBS WILL KILL UNDERGROUND MORE...........JILLS 4 ME

I beg to differ on that one

me to my jills get over the top of the rabbits and bite the back of the neck therefore i dig more my big hobs nearly always force the rabbits out of the burrows therefore dig less . but i do you both just depends what the ground is like and wether its safe to dig or not .