LAMPING COMPETITION!!!!

I'm not a long dog man, so i guess a lot will tell me to shut the fcuk up, but i do take an interest in the treads,and it seems to me that "talk is cheap", come on guys, if you got a good dog enjoy the night out, i'm interested in seeing the results and £50 is less than a night on the lash.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gonna be a goer mate, come tomorrow night we'll have 16 confirmed entries.............. :victory::victory:

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: well lets start getting to know the 1st round runners,its like simulated coarsing

Sorry to disappoint you mark but the first heat list wont go up till all entry money is in!!!!!!!!!

Guest markbrick1
It's gonna be a goer mate, come tomorrow night we'll have 16 confirmed entries.............. :victory::victory:

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: well lets start getting to know the 1st round runners,its like simulated coarsing

Sorry to disappoint you mark but the first heat list wont go up till all entry money is in!!!!!!!!!

no problems mate iam used to it :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good luck then, sorry for taking it a little off track, anyone who wants to have an input in the scottish one can pm me, save this thread being hijacked - am off to bed now knackered from being out late lamping last night :victory:

Could you send me a link for the scottish forum mate sounds like a plan you have.! :victory:

Guest ripstop

Hope you all have a good one, :victory: good luck to the local lads and lasses, hope you dont show the North East up :tongue2: . No seriously it should be a laugh and all for a good cause, a few DVDs would be interesting to see, Come on Lamp+battery. :boxing:

Would have been definatley up for it but bitch got two weeks left to welp and wont be no way fit enough.

just want to say good luck to all who enter,and hope no injuries on the nights out.

this is what its all about good men/women and good dogs.

good luck. :victory: steve.

Chartpolski your allready running in longdogrunners competition so why should it affect or bother you what people on another forum and another part of the country choose to do? If 99 or 100% of the entrants to the THL are living down south, and the heats ran there, doesnt it make sense to have a scottish one run on scottish land to save the scots lads the travelling and also any disappointment if they get told they cant run cos theyre too far away or theres other people allready taken the places etc. My post was actually to saluki bouy, incase he hasnt seen the post on the forum ;)

Quite A FEW from the north east are in THL all britain lamping competition, i think the real reason is the tartan warriors have an inbuilt survival mechanism stopping them from stepping south of hadrians lol, good luck with your comp.

Not to mention short arms and very deep pockets... :tongue2::tongue2:

I dont have a problem travelling to England or anywhere else to run my dogs. In fact I put my name down for a competition just recently only to be told I could run in it, because it was too much hassle to organise the heats because of location :thumbdown: so I dont have a problem travelling. I admit England's not my favorite place in the world to go, the only attraction it has to offer is the fens, I can find all the species I like to hunt on my doorstep or within an hour or so's travelling, I dont think I am alone in saying that rabbits are nowt special and can be found in abundance in certain areas up here, so the incentive to travel to run them down south isnt really there? Hares are a different kettle of fish, I agree that the fens are a unique place in the UK and offer a different type of testing running for a dog, but everything else, foxes, mountain hares, rabbits, roe, sika, fallow can be found up here. So dont judge us all the same, Im more than willing to travel if I think I will get good sport allthough being totally honest if we had something the same as the fens in Aberdeen or Inverness I would rather head up country and never set foot down south, simply because the countryside and landscapes on the journey up north are far more beautiful :victory:

Guest markbrick1

i think this competion isnt about winning,its about backing up what people talk about over the internet all year :whistling: and enjoying your self,well done to ld for putting the time and effort into organising the event and hopefully it will be a success full one which is carried on yr in yr out,i suppose i will be the one who travells the most if i get through any rounds and you wont be hearing excuses from me about travelling,like the dog isnt right shes just travelled 500 miles etc etc i once travelled 18 hrs to hunt wild boar with dogs,cant wait to start hope everyone enjoys it,mark

How long does the last unconfirmed entrant have before i get in?

SJM, can you let me know about the Scottish one when it comes up as I would like to enter that also

cheers

Stu.

I've just sent another PM so if he dont reply to that one it'll be your place mate!!!!!!

Any news?

How long does the last unconfirmed entrant have before i get in?

SJM, can you let me know about the Scottish one when it comes up as I would like to enter that also

cheers

Stu.

I've just sent another PM so if he dont reply to that one it'll be your place mate!!!!!!

Any news?

He's not logged on yet mate!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Just so you all know Minion is now in! Frost had to pull out............. So thats is your final 16, as soon as all money is in, the matching will be put up!!!

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: