LAMPING COMPETITION!!!!

saluki bouy, us scots are in talks about having our own comp, I'll be posting a topic about it at some point in the near future on the Scottish Hunters Forum :victory: the main problem is getting enough ground to run it, I have plenty of bits I go on, but very little actual permission :whistling: it would probably have to be a small affair, run between several of us who have land suitable, but quality is better than quantity, and it would be more of a friendly thing for the craic than anything else, will keep you posted :victory:

Pointless posting it on the Scottish Hunters Forum, Sarah; most of us aren't allowed on it !!! (being Sassanachs, etc.) !!!

Cheers.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be entirely down to whether or not the winner wanted to run in a further comp against someone potentially at the other end of the country? but as ideas go not a bad one at all :victory: I'll keep you posted once weve had some talks amongst the members see what interest there is in it and what land we would have available to run it on :victory:

Dont be silly!!!!!!! i'm gonna win it!!!!!!!!

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

saluki bouy, us scots are in talks about having our own comp, I'll be posting a topic about it at some point in the near future on the Scottish Hunters Forum :victory: the main problem is getting enough ground to run it, I have plenty of bits I go on, but very little actual permission :whistling: it would probably have to be a small affair, run between several of us who have land suitable, but quality is better than quantity, and it would be more of a friendly thing for the craic than anything else, will keep you posted :victory:

Maybe we could have a heat between your winner and ours............ :clapper::clapper:

No need cause Callie will win them both :whistling::clapper:

ha ha

How long does the last unconfirmed entrant have before i get in?

SJM, can you let me know about the Scottish one when it comes up as I would like to enter that also

cheers

Stu.

I've just sent another PM so if he dont reply to that one it'll be your place mate!!!!!!

How long does the last unconfirmed entrant have before i get in?

SJM, can you let me know about the Scottish one when it comes up as I would like to enter that also

cheers

Stu.

I've just sent another PM so if he dont reply to that one it'll be your place mate!!!!!!

cheers dude :D

Chartpolski your allready running in longdogrunners competition so why should it affect or bother you what people on another forum and another part of the country choose to do? If 99 or 100% of the entrants to the THL are living down south, and the heats ran there, doesnt it make sense to have a scottish one run on scottish land to save the scots lads the travelling and also any disappointment if they get told they cant run cos theyre too far away or theres other people allready taken the places etc. My post was actually to saluki bouy, incase he hasnt seen the post on the forum ;)

Guest markbrick1

Pointless posting it on the Scottish Hunters Forum, Sarah; most of us aren't allowed on it !!! (being Sassanachs, etc.) !!!

Cheers.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Chartpolski your allready running in longdogrunners competition so why should it affect or bother you what people on another forum and another part of the country choose to do? If 99 or 100% of the entrants to the THL are living down south, and the heats ran there, doesnt it make sense to have a scottish one run on scottish land to save the scots lads the travelling and also any disappointment if they get told they cant run cos theyre too far away or theres other people allready taken the places etc. My post was actually to saluki bouy, incase he hasnt seen the post on the forum ;)

It was tongue in cheeck, Sarah !! Stop thinking the world is against you; I am certainly not !! This comp is being run by a genuine dog lad, I'm 100% for it, although a bit skeptical that everyone who says they would like to be in it would actually come up to the plate, (as the yanks would say !!). This comp has not even started, yet you are talking about the winner taking on someone from a comp that hasn't even been advertised yet !! Lets this one be run off then see what happens !!

Cheers.

No probs, my mistake :icon_redface: I never saw any smileys in your post to suggest you were joking, so I thought you were maybe having a pop :doh: Good luck with the comp I shall watch with interest and we can maybe borrow a few of the ideas/rules etc to incorporate into our own if we can get one organised :thumbs:

ETA I didnt suggest the winner of ours running the winner of LDRS??? he made that suggestion, personally I feel it would be unfair to put pressure on someone entering a comp that if they win they then have to run in another comp, but as I said as ideas go its not a bad one, worth bearing in mind anyway.

Edited by SJM

Sarah, I, Like you, have seen these comps/challenges come and go, with only a load of bullshit on the forums but no actual running of dogs !! This is a comp that WILL go ahead, even if most drop out, there is still at least 8 who WILL do it !! I for one am looking forward to it, even though I'm just making the numbers up !!

Cheers.

Good luck then, sorry for taking it a little off track, anyone who wants to have an input in the scottish one can pm me, save this thread being hijacked - am off to bed now knackered from being out late lamping last night :victory:

Guest markbrick1
It's gonna be a goer mate, come tomorrow night we'll have 16 confirmed entries.............. :victory::victory:

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: well lets start getting to know the 1st round runners,its like simulated coarsing