I can now empathise with bunnies................

Neil, I have had stuff nicked before. Both gear and livestock. But last time I checked it was ok to take a few fish once granted permishion. I guess things are a little different over in Ireland but what does it matter, It's only a few fish afterall :guitar:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct Maty,thats the golden word....Permission!I guess guys like Neil dont really have much of a life,he never quite fulfilled his expectations,never achieved Alpha male status amongst his friends,kind of sad really,sounds a bit like myself :victory: As for merry men,well,merry is just another way of saying gay,care to join us neil ;) :kiss: Dont be shy,your amongst friends,come and give me a man-hug :kiss: ;)

Another fruitful adventure :notworthy: im sat here smiling recounting a similar inccident some 25 yrs ago you remind me of what a bad younger man i was :11: .

Fishing in the right time of year was allways a buzz but we used to shoot the rivers and sometimes the small becks with a click or gaff i cant estimate how many times we came close to getting our collars felt and more than a few times have been in the water to avoid the bailiffs :black eye: . you on the other hand having full permission on most venues :whistling: wont have that buzz :tongue2: .

i really enjoyed that post you should write a book to rival the warrener called new ways of a modern day poacher ,

THE ART OF NIGHT TIME NETTING FOR FISH it would be a good seller and i would buy a copy :notworthy:

Funny old world isn't it?

On the terrier board someone is unlucky to have their terriers stolen and everyone wants to kill the scumbags.

Here, someone steals fish they get a round of applause.

People don't usually eat terriers where I come from.... :whistling:

Malteby I wouldn't think you'd know the difference between a trout and a kebab.

There's a lot of wannabee Robin Hoods on here or as sportmen call them "scumbags".

Sure I know the difference. I get my kebabs from the nice Cypriot fella in the town, and I get my trout from the fella that knocks on my back door with a bag over his shoulder, a lurcher by his side & a ferret in his trousers. :thumbs:

That must be a unique way of catching fish, with a lurcher and a ferret............ :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Sadly W I dont have old Pats charisma or screen presence,forget the "Bullseye-snare" maybe I could do the one-mesh net?A single 4 inch diamond mesh suspended below a 3 inch float in exactly the right position in a salmon pool,guaranteed to trap any fish that runs upstream :victory: Besides,my booktitle would be very mundane "Dry-fly fishing with permission" :icon_redface: Doesnt exactly jump off the shelf at you does it :no:

When I was a kid things were different,I remember my mam having the electricity cut-off,it was actually reconnected because I caught a few fish and sold them around the neighbours,funny times and funny places werent they W ;)

Deep south?Do I hear Duelling Banjoes and squeal piggy :icon_eek: Actually its like that down here in parts of the deep south,especially those little inbred hamlets in Hants and Surrey :icon_eek: I shall be returning to the Wear in september :victory::thumbs:

Funny old world isn't it?

On the terrier board someone is unlucky to have their terriers stolen and everyone wants to kill the scumbags.

Here, someone steals fish they get a round of applause.

People don't usually eat terriers where I come from.... :whistling:

Malteby I wouldn't think you'd know the difference between a trout and a kebab.

There's a lot of wannabee Robin Hoods on here or as sportmen call them "scumbags".

Sure I know the difference. I get my kebabs from the nice Cypriot fella in the town, and I get my trout from the fella that knocks on my back door with a bag over his shoulder, a lurcher by his side & a ferret in his trousers. :thumbs:

That must be a unique way of catching fish, with a lurcher and a ferret............ :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

He's a bit of an all rounder really, you know what these types are like, in for a penny, in for a pound. Total scum of the earth, right up there with people that rob other peoples dogs, cars, wifes, etc. :whistling:

Sorry about my little misunderstanding with Neil Gooney johnny,but he is as confused as a blind lesbian at a fish market sometimes,he didnt seem to grasp the concept that some of us have permission and what almost amounts to an open ticket where fishing rights are concerned :victory:

Yup,JOE has set himself up as freelance fisheries manager cum fish relocator,indeed he seems to be doing quite well at it as he always seems to be out visiting and checking riparian venues,he hasnt employed his old mate though,said I cant catch a pig in a poke,therefore I have challenged him to a grudge-match to be enacted on the Thames tonight,methinks his pocket will be 10 gold coins lighter at the sessions closure :victory: