shocking chat to pigeon fanciers!

WELL

STIFF / BLACK FELL / PROPER JOB ETC ........

THANK GOD THERES SOME LADS ON THIS SITE THAT THINK INSTEAD OF TALKING UTTER FECKIN CRAP LIKE ... MAVPHIL / KRISTIAN ETC .... IVE WATCHED THIS MAVPHILS BULLSHITE POSTS A GOOD WHILE ..... HES STUCK IN HIS OWN FECKIN LITTLE WORLD :no: AND NOT WORTH REPLYING TOO ...........

I TOLD THIS STORY BEFORE BUT HERE GOES .... A FEW YRS AGO I BUMPED INTO A RSPB GUY IN A LOCAL FORREST ....... AFTER A BIT CRAIC HE OPENLY TOLD ME THEY WERE PUTTING NEEDLE HOLES IN THE SPARROWHAWK / GOSHAWKS ETC EGGS SO TO GIVE THE GROUND NESTING BIRDS A CHANCE AS THE LOCAL WADERS HAD BEEN GETTING A HUGE BATTERING NUMBERS WISE !!!!! THIS FROM AN RSPB MAN !!!!!!!!

HE REALISED THERES A PROBLEM AND NUMBERS NEEDED CULLING OF THE RAPTORS ....... SO WHY DONT SOME OF THESE FECKIN FALCONERS !!!

IMO ............ ANYONE WHO HAS ANIMALS AND WHO IS CONSTANTLY HAVEING STOCK TAKEN BY PREDATORS ..... SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND HIS STOCK !!! ...........

A FARMER CAN SHOOT A FOX . BUT YOU CANNOT TOUCH A RAPTOR ? ........ BULLSHIT :thumbdown:

I HAVE HEARD OF THE EAGLE OWLS ........ FECK ME THE RSPB WILL BE CRYING , NO DOUBT THEY WILL HAVE THEM CULLED AS THEY THINK ITS ONE RULE FOR THEM AND ANOTHER FOR US ! BUNCH OF FECKIN HYPOCRITES :feck:

DOUBLE STANDARDS STIFF ????? ............... TOO RIGHT ..........

THESE HALF WITS ON HERE ARE STUCK IN THEIR OWN LITTLE WORLD ........... GOING OUT CONTROLLING VERMIN WITH HAWKS ........ YET UNABLE TO GRASP THE THE FACT THAT TO HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PIGEON MEN THE HAWK IS VERMIN .... WHEN ........... ITS ATTACKING A MANS FLOCK ,

HYPOCRITES ? ........... I THINK SO

DUCKWING

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess pigeon fanciers are quite protective over their birds :icon_redface: didn't want this to turn into a slateing match i was just shocked when the old fella was telling me about this and now i'm even more shocked that people agree with it? anyway i've enjoyed reading your views and i'm glad your so passionate about your sport i'm sure i would be if i grew up doing it! am not going to post on this subject again because i don't want to make enimies just from being interested in other peoples views (thats what i thought forums were about?) last thing on this post though is duckwing your new nickname can be toenails because your so far up some peoples arses thats all i can see :whistling: goodbye for now!

Edited by kristian
Guest dog on
i will be celibrating when i see a perigrine over my loft,by letting a sky rocket go :whistling:

yeahyou maybe the peregrine will shit in your eye. killing birds of prey illegal do you all know that.

not if you realy did not know or could not tell that it has not been crossbred with another BOP\\ fact //you canot be convicted of a crime because it is not native to this country i wonder how many pigeon fanciers know that \\dont spread it around//thats what happens when falconers lose there foreign imports only way to realy tell is DNA Edited by dog on
i will be celibrating when i see a perigrine over my loft,by letting a sky rocket go :whistling:

yeahyou maybe the peregrine will shit in your eye. killing birds of prey illegal do you all know that.

not if you realy did not know or could not tell that it has not been crossbred with another BOP\\ fact //you canot be convicted of a crime because it is not native to this country i wonder how many pigeon fanciers know that \\dont spread it around//thats what happens when falconers lose there foreign imports only way to realy tell is DNA

still illegle hybrid or not. the best way to stop your pigeons from being taken is either not let them out, or get a really good imitation hawk and prop it on the loft.

and dont any of you f*ck wits try to take ya childish pops at me cos i keep the lot. pigeons and hawks and falcons. quite honestly if a sparrow hawk takes one of birds and on the odd occasion a female has done i dont see the big deal she was around (or at least raptors) long before pigeons were kept by fanciers. thats my point of looking at things and i just dont care. but posting ways of killing the poor birds is quite honestly pathetic.

In the north of england..Fieldsports and the fancying culture are inextricably linked..Weather it be lurchers, Greyhounds, Pigeons, bull breeds, The fantastic trailhounds or terriers..These old charcters have a fantastic depth of knowledge not just about their chosen vice lol but the natural world in general..I was fortunate enough to be raised in the middle of this and I would like to think that I learned a little along the way..To have people say "i hope pigeon racing dies off" is very much akin to saying "I hope that hare coursing dies out or that terrier work is a remnant of the past.."

I have said all i have to say and can see that the falconers are passionate about it..But your blindness is amazing..YIS

RIGHT c**ts............................

SAVAGELY ANNOYED AT ALL THE f*****g LITTLE NEWCOMERS OWNING ONE OR TWO POXY FERRETS AND MAYBE A DOG OR TWO ..WHAT SACRIFICE IS THAT??? A COUPLE OF BAGS OF DOGFOOD A MONTH..MAYBE A NEW LEAD EVERY OTHYER YEAR AT SOME GAME FAIR..A COUPLE OF HOURS A WEEK WALKING THEM..

COMPARED TO THE SUCCESSFUL, I REPEAT SUCCESSFUL PIGEON RACER..YOU ARE TALKING MAYBE 30 HOURS A WEEK AMONGST YOUR LOFT..MY GRANDFATHER WAS A FANATICAL PIGEON MAN AND IT WAS THROUGH THIS MEDIUM I DEVELOPED MY INTEREST IN FIELDSPORTS...AIR RIFLES, LUCHERS, TEERIERS WERE ALL KEPT BY HIS COMPANIONS AND ALLOWED ME TO SPEND A FANTASTIC CHILDHOOD AMONGST THEIR LOFTS AND FAMILIES..WHAT RIGHT HAS ANYONE TO TELL THEM THAT A f*****g BOP HAS A RIGHT TO FEAST ITSELF ON YOUR FLOCK..

MY BEST FRIEND FROM CHILDHOOD A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO RANG ME LATE IN THE NIGHT TO TELL ME THAT HIS ENTIRE FLOCK WAS WIPED OUT IN THE SAVAGE GALES THAT SWEPT BRITAIN THAT WEEK..HE LOST 200 PLUS BIRDS..SOME AT A VALUE OF SEVERAL HUNDRED POUNDS..BUT IT WASNT THE VALUE HE WAS BOTHERED ABOUT..HE HAD KEPT THEM FROM YOUTH AND CAREFULLY PERPETUATED HIS LINE BY DINT OF BREEDING FROM THE BEST (SOUND FAMILIAR MORONS???!!!!!) HE WAS DEVESTATED AND IT SPEAKS VOLUMES FOR HIS CHARACTER THAT HE ROSE TO THE TOP OF THE NORTH WEST SCENE..AND JUST TO LET ALL THE SMART ARSES KNOW ABOUT CLEVER COMMENTS RE "LETTING FERRETS INTO LOFTS" DIG AT THE BOTTOM OF AN ADdRESS I WILL GLADLY GIVE TO YOU AND SEE WHERE YOUR f*****g TWO PENCE A LITTER FERRETS ARE BURIED IN THEIR HUNDREDS...BY ME ...

I have seen some names on here and will remember them a longtime..if you see me at a gamefair feel free to discuss this wee tale with me..but i bet you dont

Sorry if you took my comments the wrong way. I was trying to be ironic when I suggested putting ferrets in the pigeon crates, by likening the posters attitude to one of an anti. No offence meant. :thumbs:

Fieldsports and the fancying culture are inextricably linked..Weather it be lurchers, Greyhounds, Pigeons, bull breeds, The fantastic trailhounds or terriers..These old charcters have a fantastic depth of knowledge not just about their chosen vice lol but the natural world in general..

I have said all i have to say and can see that the falconers are passionate about it..But your blindness is amazing..YIS

:clapper: same in leicester must have been 8 lofts on our street alone growing up including ours, they all had there hand in shooting,fishing,terriers and lurcher work and there still at it or their kids and grand kids are .. thankfull to have grown up amongst them.

I have recently given up the sport of pigeon racing and one of the contributing factors was the number of birds being lost to sparrowhawks, the hawks were even entering the lofts as the birds were coming in from exercise and trying to kill the birds on their perches, and more to the point scaring the others that badly that they would not return to the lofts and losing many young birds because of hawks strikes while they were out at exercise, I have even found a hawk in the loft eating one of my youngbirds , I had to leave the lofts and one of the birds was messing about on the roof so I left the sputnik trap open for him to enter when he was ready( these traps allow the pigeons to enter but not exit ) the hawk had obviously come in and found a nice captive dinner to enjoy,

As I say the hawks were one of a few reasons but if it hadn`t come now I think sooner or later I would of packed up as the hawk problem was increasing year on year and it is sole destroying to watch birds that you have cared for , for many hours a day for years being killed in there own home,

If you falconers came home and found a fox sitting in your mews having just dined on your nice Peregrine eyass I think you would be more than a little dis-heartened and ready to wage war on any fox that dared enter your area again, it is the same for pigeon fanciers some of whom have srent decades creating and maintaining families of these truly great endurance athletes

Guest dog on

not if you realy did not know or could not tell that it has not been crossbred with another BOP\\ fact //you canot be convicted of a crime because it is not native to this country i wonder how many pigeon fanciers know that \\dont spread it around//thats what happens when falconers lose there foreign imports only way to realy tell is DNA

still illegle hybrid or not. the best way to stop your pigeons from being taken is either not let them out, or get a really good imitation hawk and prop it on the loft.

and dont any of you f*ck wits try to take ya childish pops at me cos i keep the lot. pigeons and hawks and falcons. quite honestly if a sparrow hawk takes one of birds and on the odd occasion a female has done i dont see the big deal she was around (or at least raptors) long before pigeons were kept by fanciers. thats my point of looking at things and i just dont care. but posting ways of killing the poor birds is quite honestly pathetic.

afraid you are wrong thats why the eagle owl had to be reconised as native to this country to stop people shooting them .but for some unnown reason the RSPB can continue to employ people to shoot them because they are starting to become a threat to their presious money making BOP.then the rspb are a law unto them selves .the only real way to deal with problem BOP is to be just like the RSPB dont get me wrong i to like to see BOP but like every thing else that does not have a preditor to keep it in check it has to be dealt with to keep numbers exceptable Edited by dog on

a friend of mine who keeps his pigeons at an allotment uses 2 of these things. maybe those of you who have problems with your lofted birds could follow suit. he hasnt had a problem with with bop's for 2 years since he's used them only the odd on not returning after a race thats usually a few hundred miles away so not bad going.

http://www.dazer.com/guard-n-eyes.jsp there good for those who keep canary's and finches etc

I have recently given up the sport of pigeon racing and one of the contributing factors was the number of birds being lost to sparrowhawks, the hawks were even entering the lofts as the birds were coming in from exercise and trying to kill the birds on their perches, and more to the point scaring the others that badly that they would not return to the lofts and losing many young birds because of hawks strikes while they were out at exercise, I have even found a hawk in the loft eating one of my youngbirds , I had to leave the lofts and one of the birds was messing about on the roof so I left the sputnik trap open for him to enter when he was ready( these traps allow the pigeons to enter but not exit ) the hawk had obviously come in and found a nice captive dinner to enjoy,

As I say the hawks were one of a few reasons but if it hadn`t come now I think sooner or later I would of packed up as the hawk problem was increasing year on year and it is sole destroying to watch birds that you have cared for , for many hours a day for years being killed in there own home,

If you falconers came home and found a fox sitting in your mews having just dined on your nice Peregrine eyass I think you would be more than a little dis-heartened and ready to wage war on any fox that dared enter your area again, it is the same for pigeon fanciers some of whom have srent decades creating and maintaining families of these truly great endurance athletes

Very good post! Even though this thread has had some abusive posts on it i'm glad i started it because it's made me see things from a different point of view! I've loved birds of prey since i was a little boy, i've always been facinated by them and i'd heard of people poisoning them where i live but never actually spoke to any pigeon boys who'd admitted to doing it. That until i spoke to an old fella who was telling me about the wiping out of nests, which i have to be honest did shock me how openly he was talking about it. Anyway guys and gals keep up the good work in whatever you do whether it be hunting,falconry,pigeons as long as you enjoy it balls to what other people think :victory:

Guest dog on
a friend of mine who keeps his pigeons at an allotment uses 2 of these things. maybe those of you who have problems with your lofted birds could follow suit. he hasnt had a problem with with bop's for 2 years since he's used them only the odd on not returning after a race thats usually a few hundred miles away so not bad going.

http://www.dazer.com/guard-n-eyes.jsp there good for those who keep canary's and finches etc

first of all thanks for taking the time to try and find a solition to this problem most things have been tried and faild i personly have used over 150 rockets but still get atacks i do live in the country and the amount of goshawks has got out of hand even the foristry commision are complaining because they cant cut the trees when they are nesting there are 50 plus known nests in a 12 mile radious of where i live plus 5 peregrin nest sites the sparow hawk numbers are also rising it all comes down to common sense some thing has to be done in areas like mine after all they dont have preditors so what realy keeps them in check badgers were protected now secretly they are being gased by the goverment because of farmers have had enough \\TB//so things should be done befor it gets out of hand i dont mean kill all i think like it has allready been mentiond tamper with the eggs for a few seasons and see what the out come is .i do have my own method because i would not have any pigeons left if i did not do any thing . i wont say what it is on here because it is so efective and not realy illegal we do exept our birds taken during a race it is part of the chance we take allong with wires and guns .do most flyers realise that the pigeons that claim first prize from over the channel were probably not the real winners .because the leading birds had to face the falcons on the coast just some thing to remember when your champion does not make it home .hope you all have a trouble free season\\ DOG ON//