shocking chat to pigeon fanciers!

:o Was chatting to a old guy i met the other day and i was asking him if he'd ever lost any birds to birds of prey! he was telling me how he regularly loses birds while he's training them, i couldn't beleive it when he started telling me about how they combat it :o He was telling me how a couple of the younger boys go over to belgium to get a special paste (obviously illegal here) and then they put this on the back of one of their crap pigeons neck and cut it's tags off and release it in the forest nearby then when a birds kills it and takes the meat back to the nest it wipes the whole nest out :icon_eek: this has made me hate pigeons even more :gunsmilie: can you believe this shit goes on! i was gobsmacked :o

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Pigeon Fanciers the world over will kill birds of prey by any means at their disposal. Always have, always will.

See, they like racing their pigeons. " Born to Fly! ". So the government steps in and makes a law which makes it Illegal to kill birds of prey? So what?! These guys are " Racers! ". Thus they consider themselves eligable for self elevation above the tawdry laws which may effect lesser mortals; " F*ck the Ban! ". They'll damn well kill birds of prey regardless of what stupid laws there may be. I've even seen them discussing their own - perfectly illegal - activities on their own fora. They pass around such tips as how to wipe out a Peregrinnes nest, " Pre Ban."

Now; Why don't we all just sit down and try to be a little less hypocritical?

:o Was chatting to a old guy i met the other day and i was asking him if he'd ever lost any birds to birds of prey! he was telling me how he regularly loses birds while he's training them, i couldn't beleive it when he started telling me about how they combat it :o He was telling me how a couple of the younger boys go over to belgium to get a special paste (obviously illegal here) and then they put this on the back of one of their crap pigeons neck and cut it's tags off and release it in the forest nearby then when a birds kills it and takes the meat back to the nest it wipes the whole nest out :icon_eek: this has made me hate pigeons even more :gunsmilie: can you believe this shit goes on! i was gobsmacked :o

It goes on all the time Kristian. a heard last year of some Pigeon Fanciers going up to a Peregrine Eyrie and breaking all the eggs on the ledge, aparantly this happend pretty regular to this pair at breeding time so this time a camera was installed and the guys was caught :yes:....

Its all over the net now when I googled it about fanciers doing over BOP. this is just a couple I found...

ATB

Jasper

http://news.scotsman.com/birdsofprey/Man-h...raps.2575029.jp

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/n...est/3410673.stm

Guest traceyg

we are pigeon races and we also have bop so please don't tar us all with the same brush. we look like this you rear your young birds .and yes it happens they get killed by bop,wires,cats,ect its called nature nothing you can do about it.Its all part of the sport.but i can honestly say i have raced pigeons for 15 years and i have never heard of the paste you are talking about .And would never harm a bird of prey tracey g

we are pigeon races and we also have bop so please don't tar us all with the same brush. we look like this you rear your young birds .and yes it happens they get killed by bop,wires,cats,ect its called nature nothing you can do about it.Its all part of the sport.but i can honestly say i have raced pigeons for 15 years and i have never heard of the paste you are talking about .And would never harm a bird of prey tracey g

I had a Uncle from Peter Lee Durham who raced Pigeons for many years! we would always have plenty of banter about them but nothing seriouse. as I remember one of his main problems he was having back then was Cats but he could never resist a quick quip to me about BOP ;)...

I won't condemn people for doing it just because I keep BOP, its their perogative if they go with the law or break it. some fanciers have been good to me in the past supplying me with dead Pigeons when they have a clear out, I would obviously be a bit arsed if they killed one of mine or friends birds but I stay out of the politics and let them do their thing and I'll do mine, I also can't say too much as my Father kept Pigeons for years but none racers ;)....

ATB

Jasper

Pigeon Fanciers the world over will kill birds of prey by any means at their disposal. Always have, always will.

See, they like racing their pigeons. " Born to Fly! ". So the government steps in and makes a law which makes it Illegal to kill birds of prey? So what?! These guys are " Racers! ". Thus they consider themselves eligable for self elevation above the tawdry laws which may effect lesser mortals; " F*ck the Ban! ". They'll damn well kill birds of prey regardless of what stupid laws there may be. I've even seen them discussing their own - perfectly illegal - activities on their own fora. They pass around such tips as how to wipe out a Peregrinnes nest, " Pre Ban."

whats the last sentence supposed to mean?

the funny thing is i didn't know this guy from adam and he's telling me how they wipe nests out? he'd been keeping pigeons for 40 years and was telling me about all the hard work that went into them so i could kind of see his point but i was still gobsmaked when he was telling me!

all i can say is thank f**k pigeon racing is a dying sport :angry:

the hunter and the hunted . arn`t we all in the same game :whistling: well sort of :icon_eek:

whats the last sentence supposed to mean?

the funny thing is i didn't know this guy from adam and he's telling me how they wipe nests out? he'd been keeping pigeons for 40 years and was telling me about all the hard work that went into them so i could kind of see his point but i was still gobsmaked when he was telling me!

all i can say is thank f**k pigeon racing is a dying sport :angry:

Why don't you become an Anti Pigeon? You could go around to their meets, and slip ferrets into the crates of pigeons when their backs are turned. :thumbs:

Why don't you become an Anti Pigeon? You could go around to their meets, and slip ferrets into the crates of pigeons when their backs are turned. :thumbs:

:clapper: good post just got to get me some ferrets now lol

Pigeons must be one of the most annyoing birds.They always steel the food from the songbirds in my garden.

PS

Is it true crows eat young songbird chicks alive?

Yes, but more so magpies.