shocking chat to pigeon fanciers!

Guest traceyg
my dad has got racing pigeons and he has lost about 10 this week to sparrowhawks thay will take them out in front of you and some of them are just killing them and leaveing them i think hes gitting piss of with them

Flying pigs use a similar method. doh!

black fell and pigeonphill well said cant agree more :clapper: :clapper:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guevara

What do you do if you have been out shooting and one of the pigeons had a tag on its leg.Just chuck it away or call the owner and say whats happened, so he isnt waiting for it to come home everyday.

It annoys me so often on forums when people ignore the facts to justify their own views. The RSPB have NOT introduced or "Installed" any birds of prey in towns. Only ospreys and red kites have been introduced in some rural parts of the country and thats because they were nearly bloody extinct. The birds in high buildings in towns are nearly all Peregrines which have increased their numbers since the banning of DDT and other pesticides. another factoe in their success is FOOD more of it means more of them! No food and they start to die out GET THE PICTURE?. Go abroad to towns in the MED or even France and birds of prey in towns are the norm as are bloody pidgeons. finaly, before the victorians killed everthing off that was a threat to their pastimes we had Sea and Golden Eagles in England and Wales.! Rant over! ps if a racing pidgeon gets caught by a peregrine it obviously wasn't fast enough and natural selection kicked in!

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Like this one.....

post-13226-1204563996_thumb.jpg

Guest guevara

Im a bit wooried to go pigeon shooting now, in case i shoot some old blokes prized pigeonLOL Jack Duckworth from corination street.

Are racing pigeons white and would they be hanging around with normal wood pigeons.

Im a bit wooried to go pigeon shooting now, in case i shoot some old blokes prized pigeonLOL Jack Duckworth from corination street.

Are racing pigeons white and would they be hanging around with normal wood pigeons.

I recon you'd be better off going fishing mate :thumbs::yes:

i am also a racing pigeon man, and although i except that birds of prey are to of the food chain,

what most pigeon blokes cant except, is that the rspb are introducing birds of prey into town centres

and creating alot of bad feeling, not to mention the song birds that also become prey.

i fully acept birds of prey in there natural, enviroment, there is nothing finer in the skys, but it is also

heart braking to see a pigeon that you have bred, and may have takens years to train knocked from the skys by a rspb {sponserd} raptor, maybe if they were releasing birds of prey on a rearing field there might be abit more simpathy?????.

now some on here might laugh and take the piss lol , but you all talk about game dogs etc,giving there all till the end? lines etc good and bad, well there are game pigeons and there are shite pigeons, the ones we all strive to breed, and we send them to long distance races, were not only do they have to find there way home, but avoid the fecking french shooters ,the hawks and falcons on the coast,and now also perigrines installed on city buildings too.

we have bloodlines we try to keep going etc,and there is no greater feeling than breeding a good one,wether that is terrier lurcher or pigeon,to see your bird arrive home after flying 14 hours or more

on the wing is a great feeling of pride and awe at how they give there all.

racing pigeons saved the lifes of many service men in both world wars and pigeons have also won more dicken medals than any other animal, now i also shoot a get asked to clear alot of feral pigeons

which are fed to my ferrets.

there will allways be the cases of secondary poisoning, weather thats by pigeon men , gamekeepers or farmers, all of which are regretable, some people are allowed to protect there stock {game} some are not {lambs}.

there are two sides to evey story :drink:

It annoys me so often on forums when people ignore the facts to justify their own views. The RSPB have NOT introduced or "Installed" any birds of prey in towns. Only ospreys and red kites have been introduced in some rural parts of the country and thats because they were nearly bloody extinct. The birds in high buildings in towns are nearly all Peregrines which have increased their numbers since the banning of DDT and other pesticides. another factoe in their success is FOOD more of it means more of them! No food and they start to die out GET THE PICTURE?. Go abroad to towns in the MED or even France and birds of prey in towns are the norm as are bloody pidgeons. finaly, before the victorians killed everthing off that was a threat to their pastimes we had Sea and Golden Eagles in England and Wales.! Rant over! ps if a racing pidgeon gets caught by a peregrine it obviously wasn't fast enough and natural selection kicked in!

if you look at where i live you will be aware that a major release programme of red kites have been

taking place on my doorstep,and also the rspb do release raptors FACT.

i have no problem with this, but feel i should be allowed to protect my stock, GET THE PICTURE ?

RANT OVER ps if a perigrine cannot tell the diferance between an infected pigeon and a clean one

then natural selection will take place, its a shame all these feral birds carry disease.

:feck:

I recon you'd be better off going fishing mate :thumbs::yes:

pmsl this one cracked me up! well done it's classic :toast:

as you say most people who go pigeon shooting go out to shoot wood pigeons and if any one cant tell the difference between the two shouldnt be allowed to own a gun let allowed to use it ,and also the rspb have installed false nest sites for peregrines [fact] and just look at the decline in song birds and say its natural balance if all pigeon men /women kept there pigeons in when the peregrines are breeding half of them would starve to death as they wouldnt find enough food to feed there young