shocking chat to pigeon fanciers!

Guest guevara

so somebody who cant tell the difference between a racing pigeon and a non racing pigeon at about 3o yards is not fit to have a gun, ok i will rember that.

I will not argue with a first class education like that, Oxford or CAMBRIDGE?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so somebody who cant tell the difference between a racing pigeon and a non racing pigeon at about 3o yards is not fit to have a gun, ok i will rember that.

totally diffrant species, you can tell by the way they fly which is which.

ps buckinghampshire comprehensive :whistling:

I'm surprised you even manage to hold a shotgun, let alone raise it to shoot a pigeon with all those aches & pains you suffer from Guevara mate......... :whistling:

my dad has got racing pigeons and he has lost about 10 this week to sparrowhawks thay will take them out in front of you and some of them are just killing them and leaveing them i think hes gitting piss of with them

Flying pigs use a similar method. doh!

Mavphil, Are you saying sparrowhawks don't take pigeons?

I'm surprised you even manage to hold a shotgun, let alone raise it to shoot a pigeon with all those aches & pains you suffer from Guevara mate......... :whistling:

maltenby, I just so wanted to say that, but as the thread has been deleted I thought I'd better not :clapper::notworthy:

Im a bit wooried to go pigeon shooting now, in case i shoot some old blokes prized pigeonLOL Jack Duckworth from corination street.

Are racing pigeons white and would they be hanging around with normal wood pigeons.

as you say most people who go pigeon shooting go out to shoot wood pigeons and if any one cant tell the difference between the two shouldnt be allowed to own a gun let allowed to use it ,and also the rspb have installed false nest sites for peregrines [fact] and just look at the decline in song birds and say its natural balance if all pigeon men /women kept there pigeons in when the peregrines are breeding half of them would starve to death as they wouldnt find enough food to feed there young

i find that utter bullshite there "just look at the decline of song birds"! song birds get taken by aload of different prey, mainly cats!

there more pigeons in towns and cities to keep peregrines in food for a life time

the arsepca ought to do proper surveys of the natural balance

its the arsepca who are trying to ban any form of hunting including falconry

Im a bit wooried to go pigeon shooting now, in case i shoot some old blokes prized pigeonLOL Jack Duckworth from corination street.

Are racing pigeons white and would they be hanging around with normal wood pigeons.

as you say most people who go pigeon shooting go out to shoot wood pigeons and if any one cant tell the difference between the two shouldnt be allowed to own a gun let allowed to use it ,and also the rspb have installed false nest sites for peregrines [fact] and just look at the decline in song birds and say its natural balance if all pigeon men /women kept there pigeons in when the peregrines are breeding half of them would starve to death as they wouldnt find enough food to feed there young

i find that utter bullshite there "just look at the decline of song birds"! song birds get taken by aload of different prey, mainly cats!

there more pigeons in towns and cities to keep peregrines in food for a life time

Bugger, wish I'd damn well thought of spelling it that way. Top man. :toast::

Better still.......Arsepb

Bullet says,

Except the peregrines don't hunt in the towns and cities, they stoop from a long way up, your average feral pigeon only flies from it's roost to the street and back up to a window ledge, as I said before the sparrowhawks are crucifying the thrushes and a farmer told me just the other day he saw a buzzard drop on a barn owl one evening last week, if people can say that it's fine to control foxes, rabbits, hares, squirrels etc. why should BOP get off scot free, they are in the same catagory as the badger as far as I'm concerned, theres to feckin many of them, and by the way I control cats as well, feral of course.

Except the peregrines don't hunt in the towns and cities, they stoop from a long way up, your average feral pigeon only flies from it's roost to the street and back up to a window ledge, as I said before the sparrowhawks are crucifying the thrushes and a farmer told me just the other day he saw a buzzard drop on a barn owl one evening last week, if people can say that it's fine to control foxes, rabbits, hares, squirrels etc. why should BOP get off scot free, they are in the same catagory as the badger as far as I'm concerned, theres to feckin many of them, and by the way I control cats as well, feral of course.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VYBjEnunMas

they dont ,dont they :hmm:

i used to watch a pair when i was at school, that was nearly 20 years ago

this bird regularly uses a tree at the top of our yard,it never occurred to me that it would be waiting for the pigeon racing lads to open there lofts.

theres a loft two doors away from me and another two doors down the other way they reckon these hawks turn up like clock work,, ive seen them high above our houses plenty of times circling the pigeons wont fly when the hawks about they also keep rollers i think these would be easy targets for a hawk.

its not good to knock another mans sport and say get over it it makes us all hypocrits.

be a different song if something swoop down and took out your honcho bred dog on the third bend :D.

my dads raced pigeons for over 30 years so from what i gather racing birds that take to the feilds and towns with the street peckers are necked if they return anyway.

sparrowhawk1.jpg

Peregrines Regular take a abundance of mainly Pigeons in our town's and cities. there's been pairs nesting around London for a good few years now and take a big toll on the city Pigeon populations....

Pigeons gone feral cause alot of damage around towns and cities. Peregrines don't cause damage unless you're a pigeon, then it could be curtains if you've been selected :whistling:....

As a lad we moved next to a pigeon " Fancier" one day the terrier caught one in the back garden so i pushed it through the fence till he came home. When i saw him coming up the street i told him what had happened, he was all bravardo how it wouldn't be a good one as they would be to quick for the dog, came round 5 mins later going ape clutching his best bird.

Birds of prey are on the increase but are a natural predator to pigeons and song birds, part of what shaped their evolution to what they are today. To try to blame the reduction of song thrushes on them is a little child like.

IMO watching a bird of prey hunting is amazing, pigeons on the other hand just flying rats.

Guest dog on
Pigeon Fanciers the world over will kill birds of prey by any means at their disposal. Always have, always will.

See, they like racing their pigeons. " Born to Fly! ". So the government steps in and makes a law which makes it Illegal to kill birds of prey? So what?! These guys are " Racers! ". Thus they consider themselves eligable for self elevation above the tawdry laws which may effect lesser mortals; " F*ck the Ban! ". They'll damn well kill birds of prey regardless of what stupid laws there may be. I've even seen them discussing their own - perfectly illegal - activities on their own fora. They pass around such tips as how to wipe out a Peregrinnes nest, " Pre Ban."

Now; Why don't we all just sit down and try to be a little less hypocritical?

GOOD MAN