What breed of ferrets are the best...?

Guest spudsk100

Its a shame all these people with greyhound ferrets can't produce a picture of one

Hello CW most of the stock i have comes from JB we swapped some of my mates tiny pugs last year for some of JBs greyhoundy type coneycatchers.

04-07-07_1830-1.jpg

:yes: I know .... ;)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

changing the subject, but bigredbusa, I'm presuming the name comes from riding a motorbike, or are you a bus driver :icon_redface:

We dont see red busses now round here there all blue :laugh:

Guest bigredbusa

yeah stubby , ive had 10 of em . bit suzuki mad me lol ( i said suzuki not saluki ) i keep going back to them. currently starting a new build ( guess what lol ) this time with a squirt of gas to get it going a bit quicker .

anyway back to ferts , i just took a trip to hertfordshire and i saw 3 dead polecat types dead on the side of the road along a 10 mile stretch , anyone else seen them round that way (there must be loads wild)

• 4 weeks later...

i take its a kit not a full grown adult or was it the runt of the litter,had a runt once but he didnt make it sad as he was a nice little thing but not up to the rigours of the scotish winters of the early eighties etc he was a little polecat with a half tail , as kids we called him bobtail , he died young and couldnt hack hard weather he would say fech you etc on a cold day

not a kit she is 3 year old, she was out of what i call a greyhound ferret . bigger than her but lean always on the go. nobby and rambo would vouch for the dam of this jill. she was an absolute cracker work wise.

she looks [bANNED TEXT] young in that pic nothing like the greyhound ferrets we had in the eighties tomo , they were white albinos and a greyhound ferret is a name for a albino who was strong and long muscular , not a polecat mate cheers

Never said she was a greyhound type, her mother was. belive me she was 3 years old in that pic.

as for the colour and type you call a greyhound this can vary depending on location in the uk.

like you i dont call a greyhound the realy tiny ones like the one in the pic.

however to me there is no colour that cant be a greyhound , but they are usualy light coloured

localy and ie edinburgh and all the local mining villages greyhound firrets as they were pronounced were white, up our way polecats were not popular twenty or more years ago i mean thirty yrs ago , maybe down your way but ask any miners worth there salt about greyhound ferrets ,etc but maybe it was only were i came from , but thinking back my inlaws who were warreners from suffolk called white ferrets, greyhound ferrets and they had them pre mixi cheers we had sandies, polecats and sometimes red eyed sandies and a guy on here called them hampshire reds but al in all its long gone, now ,the days im talking about ,and like the dinosaurs guys like me etc the gov would want to keep bleepers on them they dont like free rangers as we used to call them all the best greyhoond firrets as they said up my way auld scottch talk etc