What breed of ferrets are the best...?

Guest spudsk100

Guest bigredbusa

why pick them up by the scruff ? scared of em ? why not hold them with your hand behind the front legs like normal so to give them a bit of support ?

nothing too wrong with it i suppose just not the way i would do it

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why pick them up by the scruff ? scared of em ? why not hold them with your hand behind the front legs like normal so to give them a bit of support ?

Scared looks and sounds about right :thumbs:

To anyone who isn't nit picking it looks like he's holding it with his hands clear to show the length of it. Scruffing is reccomended if your trying to do anything to their teeth or anything else you don't want them to wriggle for, I don't personally do it but i definitely aint gonna start an argument over it :doh:

what? :hmm: you dont care how you hold your ferrets then you probably have weak ferrets that let you pick them up anyways?

So what are you trying to say Will? A good ferret will not let you pick it up?

To anyone who isn't nit picking it looks like he's holding it with his hands clear to show the length of it. Scruffing is reccomended if your trying to do anything to their teeth or anything else you don't want them to wriggle for, I don't personally do it but i definitely aint gonna start an argument over it :doh:

yes i am with you on this one :thumbs:

no a good ferret is not a good ferret if it cant be picked up by the scruff sometimes you need to grab it by the scruff say for putting a clooar on or checking teeth as already stated hear maggy was showing the lenth of the ferret and you said not the "correct " way to hold teh ferret im not nit picking but it is it doesent hurt it and it shows the full length :wallbash:

a relaxed ferret does exactly as mags ferrets doing.

theres nothing wrong with picking the ferret up that way, as stated, its showing the length, but also alot of animals hold their young in this position, and therefore when we do it, the animal is relaxed, our jack russel cant be "scuffed" which in times of need, is the best way to pick an animal up, look at the picture, if the ferret was in pain or uncomfortable, would it look in that relaxed state, or turning its head, trying to bite,

just because YOU dont do something the same, theres no need to slate of another, you always need to look both sides mate, maybe your in the wrong,

oh and I can say all of this, because it was me that took that picture

Guest bigredbusa

well i hope thats not aimed at me as i have clearly said i dont do it but cant see a problem doing it :) as my ferrets can be handled without scruffing them to have collars put on , teeth checks etc..

ive just never felt the need to scruff myself personaly , yes the mothers do carry young by the scruff but these are not young . :)

ive tailed a few tho lol

well i hope thats not aimed at me as i have clearly said i dont do it but cant see a problem doing it :) as my ferrets can be handled without scruffing them to have collars put on , teeth checks etc..

ive just never felt the need to scruff myself personaly , yes the mothers do carry young by the scruff but these are not young . :)

ive tailed a few tho lol

no it was not aimed at you BRB, (us bikers gotta stick together) it was aimed at anyone that said this was a cruel way to hold an animal be it ferret or dog

Guest Magwitch
Its a shame all these people with greyhound ferrets can't produce a picture of one

Hello CW most of the stock i have comes from JB we swapped some of my mates tiny pugs last year for some of JBs greyhoundy type coneycatchers.

04-07-07_1830-1.jpg

Guest Magwitch
Its a shame all these people with greyhound ferrets can't produce a picture of one

now that looks moor like a g/hound ferret It', a shame you don't know how to pick it up :bye:

Stop talking rubbish can't you see he's got a smile on his face.

now that looks moor like a g/hound ferret It', a shame you don't know how to pick it up :bye:

Stop talking rubbish can't you see he's got a smile on his face.

I CERTAINLY CAN SEE A SMILE BUT IT STARTED YOU ALL TALKING :whistling: :whistling: