Welding tips hints tricks an how too

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

I think I remember that when you were a welder lol 

84C3A729-C953-4A4D-B90F-E6EB627B92B8.png

0331B606-9368-40B8-AB60-71EADA715A52.png

4E3C7216-2A03-406E-982A-14D58330D4CC.png

this is 48A13B43-DF3B-436D-8D2D-6B547EDBBD5E.png.7ec8646f4a23ae759fa65d9a2f19114a.pngme 14 year old nephew after 30 mins on scrap with a cheap chinese inverter on a sprinter roof which is  thin tin lol not perfect but sound 

• Like 5

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I remember that when you were a welder lol 

Borr is your man Francie, i have to say it but he is the bollocks as a welder, I know first hand... 

I thought the same but having looked through his portfolio it’s quite clear that mc Hull is the real deal 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

this is 48A13B43-DF3B-436D-8D2D-6B547EDBBD5E.png.7ec8646f4a23ae759fa65d9a2f19114a.pngme 14 year old nephew after 30 mins on scrap with a cheap chinese inverter on a sprinter roof which is  thin tin lol not perfect but sound 

You should ask him for some advice mate 😝 

• Haha 2

i’m not saying borr ain’t levels above me lol i’ve been around excellent welders much better than i am or ever will be all day very day some are masters lol 

the r tech and jasic are very good chinese inverters 

2 hours ago, steve t said:

Welding is practice practice and more practice. You need good eye hand coordination.  Best to get someone to show him how to get started. A nice invertor  set and some decent rods and a auto darkening helmet will get him started. Lidle helmet and invertor be fine but get decent rods. Welding can be a good trade or soul destroying.  If you're ever down my way I'd gladly show him . 

Sent you a message on whattapp Steve,sorry I forgot you were a welder lol

• Like 1

same nephew his first wall plastered again not the best but descent for a baine C343B500-5D74-419F-B6A0-E2F9DA8EE5AA.png.533cbd0d1c34b7a730226daf83f3ce54.png

then me useless full a shit liar lol from fixing trucks to plastering i always liked to learn new things only thing i struggle with couldn’t get quickish is laying bricks give up lol and painting cutting in has me aswell years of it still no better

plumbing fitting kitchen plastering im there lol 

583CDC32-FA5E-4ABF-B797-2351E36C644E.jpeg.15f622c19161d7f8b3f93164fbb1db55.jpeg

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Francie, said:

So what's the stick,is that the rod that heats up the metal,so I wonf need ang wire lol I haven't a clue lads

ye mate easy on any metal a few mm thick the rod has a flux that keeps any contaminates out the weld easy  to learn really loads be on youtube when he gets as good as borr his slag will peel itself lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Francie listen to the boys who know how to weld and do it as a job not mchull who's better than anyone at anything..

Take stevet up on the offer if he's close by it's always better to see how its done. 

I can weld, been doing it over 20yrs on cars, trucks, building trailers and towbars but that's totally different than the likes of what borr does .  'He does proper welding'

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

same nephew his first wall plastered again not the best but descent for a baine C343B500-5D74-419F-B6A0-E2F9DA8EE5AA.png.533cbd0d1c34b7a730226daf83f3ce54.png

then me useless full a shit liar lol from fixing trucks to plastering i always liked to learn new things only thing i struggle with couldn’t get quickish is laying bricks give up lol and painting cutting in has me aswell years of it still no better

plumbing fitting kitchen plastering im there lol 

583CDC32-FA5E-4ABF-B797-2351E36C644E.jpeg.15f622c19161d7f8b3f93164fbb1db55.jpeg

Nice skimming but what's out on the pic? The architrave on the right or the corner bead on the left?

34 minutes ago, Chid said:

@Francie listen to the boys who know how to weld and do it as a job not mchull who's better than anyone at anything..

Take stevet up on the offer if he's close by it's always better to see how its done. 

I can weld, been doing it over 20yrs on cars, trucks, building trailers and towbars but that's totally different than the likes of what borr does .  'He does proper welding'

I thought the same but having looked through his portfolio it’s quite clear that mc Hull is the real deal 

FD834990-CA8F-4111-B773-8E01796CC279.png

• Haha 8
9 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Borr is your man Francie, i have to say it but he is the bollocks as a welder, I know first hand... 

your right there mate, the pics of his work he puts up are spot on bud......borr's/steve t's, there advise is the best advise for francie's young lad to start learning from.....

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Chid said:

what is proper welding ? 

1 hour ago, gnipper said:

Nice skimming but what's out on the pic? The architrave on the right or the corner bead on the left?

think it’s how i’ve got the phone mate 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

what is proper welding ? 

Industrial stuff that gets xray tested ect .

• Like 4