Thermal spotters

On 20/03/2024 at 19:20, paulus said:

Just because you can see its heat image, it does not necessarily  mean your going to catch it, Daytime, personally i would rather a dog with a good nose find it, Fieldcraft and all that. What next digital rangefinders to calculate how far the dog has to run Lol 

That's deffo the case with mine I spot them on the thermal and still miss I'm gonna just construct large fences round areas next time that'll show um 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or just go out lamping in the day that's what we do these lads are missing a trick the thick cs

Can the provident bloke sort one 

Ordered one this morning off Scott country the Hik Lynx 10mm should be okay for what i want and thanks to Igz off here for the messages. I thought if i started with a lower end one and get used to it

Posted Images

It's deffo a game changer and it's interesting how much game and stuff you actually that youth not necessarily see on the lamp and if your playing off side at least you haven't got to worry about putting the lamp on until its needed,you can get deep into bandit country, I also think it comes in handy if you've hammered a spot abit and the seasons well in and you don't want to spook to much a few times I've left the dog off the lead he's wiffed something in the darkness I've looked down the thermal and something been up in front he's run towards it and had it In the dark or I've flicked lamp on last minute he's had it good crac indeed 😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Penda said:

It's deffo a game changer and it's interesting how much game and stuff you actually that youth not necessarily see on the lamp and if your playing off side at least you haven't got to worry about putting the lamp on until its needed,you can get deep into bandit country, I also think it comes in handy if you've hammered a spot abit and the seasons well in and you don't want to spook to much a few times I've left the dog off the lead he's wiffed something in the darkness I've looked down the thermal and something been up in front he's run towards it and had it In the dark or I've flicked lamp on last minute he's had it good crac indeed 😉 

Unsporting dosser 

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

Unsporting dosser 

Alas as I've got older I've become a horrible person growing sunflowers in my garden to attract the pheasants

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Penda said:

I was a hater of the thermal when they 1st came out I used my mates 1 and noticed the difference and how much sense it made to have 1

It certainly does Trevor 

Ordered one this morning off Scott country the Hik Lynx 10mm should be okay for what i want and thanks to Igz off here for the messages. I thought if i started with a lower end one and get used to it and use it i can always upgrade to a higher end model at a later date.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Ordered one this morning off Scott country the Hik Lynx 10mm should be okay for what i want and thanks to Igz off here for the messages. I thought if i started with a lower end one and get used to it and use it i can always upgrade to a higher end model at a later date.

Let us know what you think when it arrives

• Like 1