Thermal spotters

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can the provident bloke sort one 

Or just go out lamping in the day that's what we do these lads are missing a trick the thick cs

Ordered one this morning off Scott country the Hik Lynx 10mm should be okay for what i want and thanks to Igz off here for the messages. I thought if i started with a lower end one and get used to it

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, longers01 said:

Which ones that mate and what’s it like for spotting game and how much it set you back if you don’t mind me asking atb longers01 

Mines the pulsar axion 2 xq35. Av ad it ages , I think I paid about a £1500 ish.  But I think they a little bit dearer now. But can't fault it, it's bang on mate 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, longers01 said:

Cheers mate im going to invest in one for coming season just don’t no which one to purchase and don’t want to spend daft money like atb longers01 

I had a pulsar xq38, paid 2 grand or there about mate but I’ve now invested in the hik LH25. £1100 and it’s all you need . Don’t need to spend any more than that for lamping . You can see what’s in the next few fields no problem. 

• Like 2

I’d say the clarity of the hik is just as good as my pulsar but the pulsars field of view was a bit wider but the hik is still more than enough 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, longers01 said:

Been thinking of the hik lynx 10 mam are they worth buying atb longers01 

That's the one i got mate and i have not really tested it yet to give an honest opinion of it. One thing about it is the battery is sealed with in the device and i think the pulsars have a battery that can be changed easily that's got to be a plus i reckon..

I’ve looked about and can pick one up brand new for 550 what won’t break the bank like as long as they spot me game with for the runners it will do me fine the pulsar look good as well just more expensive atb longers01 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, longers01 said:

I’ve looked about and can pick one up brand new for 550 what won’t break the bank like as long as they spot me game with for the runners it will do me fine the pulsar look good as well just more expensive atb longers01 

To be honest mate if I had not had to fork out for a new boiler I would have gone for a higher end model probably the one Leo Sayer has got. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

That's the one i got mate and i have not really tested it yet to give an honest opinion of it. One thing about it is the battery is sealed with in the device and i think the pulsars have a battery that can be changed easily that's got to be a plus i reckon..

My hik isn’t a built in battery. Comes with a spare aswell  , I’d say you get about 5 hours out of a battery. I’ve took mine on a few walks, hour here couple hours there and it’s just on one bar left now 

4 minutes ago, Igz said:

My hik isn’t a built in battery. Comes with a spare aswell  , I’d say you get about 5 hours out of a battery. I’ve took mine on a few walks, hour here couple hours there and it’s just on one bar left now 

It must be on the lower end models but to be honest I haven't tried taking the battery out as their isn't a reason as you just charge it up wile it's in the unit. 

• Like 1