Took nephew out again

Caught the biggest dang brim out of anyone of us in that hole the whole time ! And after that he was just a bream catching fool ! Think he got about 12 till he asked about how the the fish probably where in there with the current. To which I explained how more predatory fish with kinda  wait around the current seams in the slack areas for food to come in and just rush in and get it and swim back to rest . Said that's what catfish do a lot he said ok stared a the water for a bit and made a difference cast then what he had been doing. Asked why and he said he though it seemed like it made sense after what I said .. few minutes later this boy got his very first catfish 😁 just a lil channel

Screenshot_20240315-191654.png.ca686c2218bad782617eecfd68fafe29.png

Screenshot_20240315-191140.png.1619dd39123d76587d85a6507a13c530.png

And he's just having a ball at this point ! Like he's just plain addicted to seeing that rod tip bounce and jerk 😎 there was the other guy and his kid and they just kept throwing the same thing in the same spot not catching anything, got to the point we invited them over to fish with us a few times ,had plenty of extra bait hooks etc to share because we kept seeing them looking over at use reeling fish in .Finally got the kid over ( looked be about 13-14) and man he just don't seem to idk . He'd just sit there and wait for you to tell him exactly what to do , seemed really confused with me and nephew's rigs and constantly reelin in and casting back out as our right bounced down to a certain point with no hits . Rigged him up what we had and got him a fish but idk seem like he thought it was wrong not to use a bobber or something .

But yeah we ended up out fishing everyone there and he had a blast finding. Hooks and lures in the bank. His prized find was a large snagging type treble hook ( like the size you use for a paddle fish ) said it's his harpoon and wants to harpoon something with it 😁 he also got to see a gar go nuts on the surface which he was just in awe of. Might have wizzed on of the guys off when it happened and they said " YEAH THATS WHY THE FISH ANNT BITING DANG GAR SCARING THEM !" To which he said a lil to loud " but we been catching fish the whole time " 🤣😂

So yeah end up getting late he was finally getting wore out so we packed up but before we left he hard to get some pictures and I think he's got some good taste in photography

Screenshot_20240315-231606.png.04ae536d3cc0c0dda5a52cfa1b6f4a01.pngScreenshot_20240315-231640.png.9c272912fcdfe991d6456848f3235af9.png

Was spamming the inlaws and gf with pics and video all day of our lil adventure all day got home and got to show him what a decent compound bow can do at 50yd to wish he though was awesome and his mom was terrified 😂 but after seeing how happy he was I basically got the green light for teaching him guns ,hunting and other stuff though she asking I start off with a "BB gun " first. Told her to let me use a air rifle at least to which she agreed as long as it stay at my house.....that being said I don't think she has any clue what she just green lighted 😈
First my gf
Now nephew
Just gotta wait for my new niece to start walking and talking and she's next 😎😂 well the gf already has bought her some camo baby cloths so we're already kinda starting.
O the joys of being and uncle can creating lil monsters🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Best thread I have seen on here for a while Wolfie, your an inspiration, when I have grandchildren they are getting farmed out to you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good lad wolfie mate it's good you've got the lad out again spend as much money on a youngster as you want but doin all this with him is what he'll always remember not the £600 computer someone bought him years ago.good reading pal

• Like 2

Great stuff wolfdog, that's exactly how it should be, passing on the knowledge..that young lad will hold you as an idol for the rest of his life, cause you have given him the most precious gift in the world...your time... really great stuff mate.

• Like 4

So found out sis n law took pics after we got back and I found the little BB gun they keep around for popping critters in the trash cans 😂 also letting him play with my bowScreenshot_20240316-160200.png.462fe2b1087b477fee4e8bac53b33e07.pngScreenshot_20240316-160218.png.335f331ab001031bb2250107c9311a8b.pngScreenshot_20240316-160245.png.1572587c35b8f7e0e5450c0cc10aa4d4.png

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

So found out sis n law took pics after we got back and I found the little BB gun they keep around for popping critters in the trash cans 😂 also letting him play with my bowScreenshot_20240316-160200.png.462fe2b1087b477fee4e8bac53b33e07.pngScreenshot_20240316-160218.png.335f331ab001031bb2250107c9311a8b.pngScreenshot_20240316-160245.png.1572587c35b8f7e0e5450c0cc10aa4d4.png

Are you stood in a hole there wolfdog 🤣🤣 lads nearly as tall as you 

• Haha 1

Cracking thread wolfie,  bet little lad loved it. Pity with our restrictions over here as regards guns bows hunting ect. Our younger generation will never be able to have a go at it like you can over the pond. What state are you as know your hunting laws differ from state to state ? Cracking pics as well mate. 

16 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Cracking thread wolfie,  bet little lad loved it. Pity with our restrictions over here as regards guns bows hunting ect. Our younger generation will never be able to have a go at it like you can over the pond. What state are you as know your hunting laws differ from state to state ? Cracking pics as well mate. 

Thank you ! I'm in Mississippi and we have some of the most liberal game laws in the country next to Louisiana and a few others. And idk man I see some younger guy over there really getting after it, as much as they can at least. 

O and heres my states fish and game site , has all the current hunting and fishing regulations if you wanted to take a look

https://www.mdwfp.com/law-enforcement/hunting-rules-regs/

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Fair play, about time you put a bun in the oven of your own ain’t it wolf :laugh: 

Well we just finished paying in her wedding dress yesterday so it's coming up. Need to wok on the house more so she can go ahead and move in.

But there is a chance we might now be able to have kids due to some problems concerning her insides, she's worried about it but there's always adoption and all that so we will see.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

Are you stood in a hole there wolfdog 🤣🤣 lads nearly as tall as you 

Y'all keep forgetting I'm 5'1" 😂 that's like 155cm

• Haha 1