10 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

I haven't killed anything of much substance with a bow yet but I've drawn on some boars and the like and man theirs something,that if you let it , completely comes ober you in that moment. Is some of the purest ,close like I'm honestly having a problem describing it without getting all spiritual but man that's about what it is. 

Will say though hunting something on the ground that can kill you as easy as you can kill it is addicting. Noting like staring down a 300lbs boar with gleaming white cutters at 10yd. He see you you see him and he's a coming and he's gonna try and f**k you up.

Feral bulls are another one , probably closet thing to a cape buff I'll ever get

Can't imagine it mate and I think if I was in Africa hunting dangerous quarry with a bow I would feel a lot better with some one as backup with a large calibre rifle. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mc Hull would,nt your talking to a man that can I.D a roosting blue tit at 500 yards with nothing more than torch, he would track the bear naked apart from wellies and finish it with a single blow to

Been watching this a lot on YouTube recently. I’ve never been into guns even though I’ve rough shooted and done other forms of shooting over the years, guns av just never really interested me. Had run

oh fack off you Rotter !  The geezers spent half his life up mountains and forests in weathers that are intolerable to the vast amount of humans .  not sat at the side of the local puddle ,

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Can't imagine it mate and I think if I was in Africa hunting dangerous quarry with a bow I would feel a lot better with some one as backup with a large calibre rifle. 

I did see on YouTube that some had back up with rifles , but I also think they was the guides 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mC HULL said:

dead’s dead mate 

but ye it’s pointless killing that you ain’t eating it there’s no sport or chase you wouldn’t even need fieldcraft really the f****r ain’t scared a ya and it ain’t like you shooting at a 20p from 130 yards with an air rifle lol is it 

You couldn’t be more wrong . 

bow hunting is the epitome of field craft for what I’ve seen .  There’s a multi million dollar industry built on it all across the states 

edited to add as a footnote . It took Chuck Adams 30 years to find a cougar, three decades of rotating into mountain lion hot spots with snow mobiles , hounds , ski - doos to chase a ghost around in the forests . weeks spent in the cold seeing nothing but frosted tracks . He was after the largest heaviest tom cat on record for the pope and young record . 

to say you don’t need fieldcraft , embarrassing . 

IMG_5529.jpeg

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You couldn’t be more wrong . 

bow hunting is the epitome of field craft for what I’ve seen .  There’s a multi million dollar industry built on it all across the states 

edited to add as a footnote . It took Chuck Adams 30 years to find a cougar, three decades of rotating into mountain lion hot spots with snow mobiles , hounds , ski - doos to chase a ghost around in the forests . weeks spent in the cold seeing nothing but frosted tracks . He was after the largest heaviest tom cat on record for the pope and young record . 

to say you don’t need fieldcraft , embarrassing . 

IMG_5529.jpeg

read my post lol 

i said for a big bear you wouldn’t need fieldcraft it’s really a pointless kill 

for deer it would be different 

you’d need field craft for the cat but again rather pointless in my eyes 

• Like 1

Lots of folks pay to shoot these animals in a game reserve and their all doped up and fed at bait stations....canned hunting...holds no interest to me to be honest...about as sporting as shooting fish in a barrel or going inside a pheasant pen thats netted on the top,and thrashing the birds to death with a f***ing stick 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

Didn't he upset a few folk by shooting an old lion

Not just any old Lion, it was Cecil. 

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, mackem said:

Not just any old Lion, it was Cecil. 

just looked he’s that good it took him 12 hours to kill it after wounding it first other men baited up for him no field craft needed  lol some shot aswell ffs lol

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

just looked he’s that good it took him 12 hours to kill it after wounding it first other men baited up for him no field craft needed  lol some shot aswell ffs lol

Quick that for a saluki  

58 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Quick that for a saluki  

I won’t hunt anything unless it’s with an English Longbow and a Japanese Katana  !

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

I think you’re using field craft to creep to Ali’s Discount Curry Centre and hunt out a chicken madras big lad ? 

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, mC HULL said:

read my post lol 

i said for a big bear you wouldn’t need fieldcraft it’s really a pointless kill 

for deer it would be different 

you’d need field craft for the cat but again rather pointless in my eyes 

Lol what wouldn't need field craft for a bear ?

f**k I love how these posts starts as pretty interesting conversations then always devolve into the same misinformed opinionated pissing match, Jesus f***ing Christ 

• Haha 4
21 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Chuck Adam’s. 

the greatest bow hunter ever . Everyone else is in his shadow 

I don't know boss man ... Fred bear ,pope and young are the great grand daddies sof modern bow hunting 

9 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

I don't know boss man ... Fred bear ,pope and young are the great grand daddies sof modern bow hunting 

First archer to complete the North American superslam 

twice as many p and y records than any other hunter 

“Additionally 10 bow-bagged animals registered with the Boone and Crockett Club, and 189 archery animals in Safari Club International's bowhunting record book”

Copied and pasted last paragraph , hence font  change . 

the man’s an absolute machine , been fascinated with him for as long as I can remember, grabbed his book “life at full draw” from a lurcher show tent . Sone man .