Been watching this a lot on YouTube recently. I’ve never been into guns even though I’ve rough shooted and done other forms of shooting over the years, guns av just never really interested me. Had running dogs for over 30yrs but now retired and I mostly preferred running bigger species. For the past few years I’ve got into slingshots and really enjoyed this type of hunting with the skill involved. And this is we’re bow hunting interests me. I know it’s illegal in this country so would have to go abroad for it . But the skill and getting closer to the quarry I find interesting. Anybody else been abroad or have an interest in this . I particularly enjoy the the bigger species of quarry . I’ve been binge watching it on the tube. The bow fish hunting is amazing. Pic from google images for reference. 

IMG_4970.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mc Hull would,nt your talking to a man that can I.D a roosting blue tit at 500 yards with nothing more than torch, he would track the bear naked apart from wellies and finish it with a single blow to

Been watching this a lot on YouTube recently. I’ve never been into guns even though I’ve rough shooted and done other forms of shooting over the years, guns av just never really interested me. Had run

oh fack off you Rotter !  The geezers spent half his life up mountains and forests in weathers that are intolerable to the vast amount of humans .  not sat at the side of the local puddle ,

Posted Images

Bow hunting is really big over here , we have whole season for it separate to the other ones. Ie you'll have achery season then primitive then youth then firearm. At least in my state. And it's a pretty vast scale. You have everything front eh guy with a $300 Walmart compound and set up hunting meat deer to guys who have 50k built up in arrow building , string building sights , arrows broad heads ect. I Mesn the leveld of tuning they do to make Evey single arrows do exactly what they want is nuts. I know one guy who has about $80 in each arrow before the broad heads 😬 takes game out to 100yd with it all the time . 

But yeah you mainly have 

Compound/ modern

Traditional

Primitive

Each group has its own quirks and what not . 

But there is a lot of variables in what you can do. No real set way which is what I think is pretty cool. 

Getting back into it lately got two compounds and a recurve, gf and the nephew want to get into it as well

O and there also cross bows which arnt as easy as they look lol

full-34110-188505-fb_img_1694370114297.jpg

full-34110-188326-snapchat_1406250059.jpg

full-34110-177246-fb_img_1684200463591.jpg

full-34110-188785-screenshot_20230912_162602_407.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Also all large amount of archery guys don't really do the spot and stalk thing. Look tree stands which in its self is it's own thing....also saddle hunting have become super popular last two years or so

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Bow hunting is really big over here , we have whole season for it separate to the other ones. Ie you'll have achery season then primitive then youth then firearm. At least in my state. And it's a pretty vast scale. You have everything front eh guy with a $300 Walmart compound and set up hunting meat deer to guys who have 50k built up in arrow building , string building sights , arrows broad heads ect. I Mesn the leveld of tuning they do to make Evey single arrows do exactly what they want is nuts. I know one guy who has about $80 in each arrow before the broad heads 😬 takes game out to 100yd with it all the time . 

But yeah you mainly have 

Compound/ modern

Traditional

Primitive

But there is a lot of variables in what you can do. No real set way which is what I think is pretty cool. 

Getting back into it lately got two compounds and a recurve, gf and the nephew want to get into it as well

Good pics wolfy thanks. You prefer compound or recurve ? Cheers 

There was a lad used to be on here,had a lurcher pup from me,called Dan,he spent 8 yrs living in the states before he moved back here to Sussex,he had shot alsorts with a bow out there from bears to mountain lions...sure Ive still got his number somewhere....

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Been watching this a lot on YouTube recently. I’ve never been into guns even though I’ve rough shooted and done other forms of shooting over the years, guns av just never really interested me. Had running dogs for over 30yrs but now retired and I mostly preferred running bigger species. For the past few years I’ve got into slingshots and really enjoyed this type of hunting with the skill involved. And this is we’re bow hunting interests me. I know it’s illegal in this country so would have to go abroad for it . But the skill and getting closer to the quarry I find interesting. Anybody else been abroad or have an interest in this . I particularly enjoy the the bigger species of quarry . I’ve been binge watching it on the tube. The bow fish hunting is amazing. Pic from google images for reference. 

IMG_4970.png

If your half about with the old catty just knock yourself one of these up, then sit in a tree above a deer run, you no the rest

6862D60C-01F5-4B7A-B31F-76A2AB4032B8.jpeg

6D59CCF0-4032-4C0E-A249-4D92CFE1A6DF.jpeg

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

There was a lad used to be on here,had a lurcher pup from me,called Dan,he spent 8 yrs living in the states before he moved back here to Sussex,he had shot alsorts with a bow out there from bears to mountain lions...sure Ive still got his number somewhere....

If it’s the Dan I chatted with he lived in Canada mate,British Columbia,he is into traditional field archery here.

7 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

But yeah you mainly have 

Compound/ modern

Traditional

Primitive

crossbows look like they are about to be licenced here soon Wolfie.

I spent a day in a pro bow shop in Bhutan,watched the guy tuning bows and fletching arrows,archery is the national sport of Bhutan and ranges are everywhere,I went to a few comps with him.

2FBC2575-5109-44A5-9165-4BA3407DAF63.jpeg

E3DA857D-CFC1-497C-9989-D06ED7777DB8.jpeg

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, mackem said:

If it’s the Dan I chatted with he lived in Canada mate,British Columbia,he is into traditional field archery here.

crossbows look like they are about to be licenced here soon Wolfie.

From down Sussex way? He came and had a wheaton/bull/grey x welsh hound from me👍

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

From down Sussex way? He came and had a wheaton/bull/grey x welsh hound from me👍

That’s him mate,lived in BC for years,can’t remember his job,tradesman of some sort I think?He was into trad field archery the last time I chatted to him,shot a Hoyt?

Just now, mackem said:

That’s him mate,lived in BC for years,can’t remember his job,tradesman of some sort I think?He was into trad field archery the last time I chatted to him,shot a Hoyt?

Not seen him on here in a while,he had the only surviving dog pup out of my  old bitch Loll 👍

• Sad 1

Been watching Bowmar Bowhunting on YouTube. A fella and his mrs , a cracking channel and they have hunted everything from crocs to bears to lions to fish. And on the big game , they also go into the conservation aspects of it. Loved watching the bow fishing 

3 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Been watching Bowmar Bowhunting on YouTube. A fella and his mrs , a cracking channel and they have hunted everything from crocs to bears to lions to fish. And on the big game , they also go into the conservation aspects of it. Loved watching the bow fishing 

I always watch bowmar,he got into a bit of hot water a while back for spearing a bear.Darcy who used to be on here was into archery,sent me some really good Gary Bognor DVD’s.Tom Miranda has two fantastic DVD sets out showing every big game North American animal including polar bear,the other shows African hunts including elephant.

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

If your half about with the old catty just knock yourself one of these up, then sit in a tree above a deer run, you no the rest

6862D60C-01F5-4B7A-B31F-76A2AB4032B8.jpeg

6D59CCF0-4032-4C0E-A249-4D92CFE1A6DF.jpeg

Sling bows where actually a big there here a few years back...think I was like...17 ? When they where big . Anyhow their pretty neat . Lotta folks where using them for bow fishing and small game . Hogs and deer too

• Like 1