1 minute ago, mackem said:

Useful to practice but compound gives better accuracy and range,find a local archery club,go along,shoot both types,do a 10 lesson course,it will build your confidence and accuracy,my local club charged £140? For a 10 lesson course.

Actually there is a club local to me, and a fella that comes in my business is a traditional long bow club shooter and am fairly friendly with him 

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mc Hull would,nt your talking to a man that can I.D a roosting blue tit at 500 yards with nothing more than torch, he would track the bear naked apart from wellies and finish it with a single blow to

Been watching this a lot on YouTube recently. I’ve never been into guns even though I’ve rough shooted and done other forms of shooting over the years, guns av just never really interested me. Had run

oh fack off you Rotter !  The geezers spent half his life up mountains and forests in weathers that are intolerable to the vast amount of humans .  not sat at the side of the local puddle ,

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

It’s a a steep learning curve to be honest. I need do more research. Cheers 

Honestly just have fun with it. Too many people really over complicate crap thinking you need to go spend as much as you can on top of the line xyz. Don't forget for that bullshit

Best advice I have is.

Understand what you want to do ( hunting, target shooting ect). That will help you narrow down what kinda bow you want because a compound bow set up for indoor target is a different animal then one set up for hunting 

Find your draw length because everyone is different. Just like guns you bow should fit you. Like me I have to use either a youth or a woman's bow because I'm so small if I bought center bows I legit could not use them due to how long the draw length is.

Get a basic understanding of arrows . Like really basic. Just enough so you know " hay I can't shoot wood out of a compound and I need to check to make sure these are rated for my bow so they don't shatter and go though my wrist*

And just go get a bow and start shooting. Have fun with it. Look your gonna end up upgrading your goin to to try new stuff it's just apart of the game 😎

Act there's a few 3D archery shoots over in the UK I've seen on Facebook you should look into them .

Sorry forgot to explain, 3D achery is where you have these courses set up with life sized or close to it 3D animal targets in hunting type scenarios. Basically a nature tail with animal targets and bows lol

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Thanks 1

And look man there 1000 was to do this shit just like fishing and hunting, just get the fundamentals down pact and go from there. And if you ask for advice form someone and they start acting like God reincarnated or try to convince you how hard archery will be leave that gate keeping son of a bitch alone. People.liek that just get off on running people away from the sport and it's not worth your time. Way to many people out there online and IRL willing to help and not just stroke their ego

28 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Actually there is a club local to me, and a fella that comes in my business is a traditional long bow club shooter and am fairly friendly with him 

There you go,he is your man,your “in”,but best advice really is join a club,be lucky.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Leo Sayer said:

It’s a a steep learning curve to be honest. I need do more research. Cheers 

Mate honestly just get a recurve and treat it like your catty I never picked one up in my life my lad took me on an archery day and I came first or second on every event 

• Like 1

I've just started watching a bit of that bow hunting stuff...I quite like that Clay Hayes ...he won that TV show...Alone I think its called...its interesting watching him making them as well....

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Chuck Adam’s. 

the greatest bow hunter ever . Everyone else is in his shadow 

Grizzly's son?

29 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

No . 

utter balls of steel 

IMG_5528.jpeg

Watched quite a few of these bow hunting vids on really large quarry, and to be honest I find it quite obscene. 

I know our ancestors did it etc etc, but they didn't have the benefit of technology or weaponology that we have these days.

Nah, I really don't buy into it all.  

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Watched quite a few of these bow hunting vids on really large quarry, and to be honest I find it quite obscene. 

I know our ancestors did it etc etc, but they didn't have the benefit of technology or weaponology that we have these days.

Nah, I really don't buy into it all.  

dead’s dead mate 

but ye it’s pointless killing that you ain’t eating it there’s no sport or chase you wouldn’t even need fieldcraft really the f****r ain’t scared a ya and it ain’t like you shooting at a 20p from 130 yards with an air rifle lol is it