Need a little help

Well my hw100 is not cycling the mags properly some times it's OK and some times it's not and yes it dry fires as it's not moving the mag so ur left with an empty chamber that you have already fired off 

Do any of you no what can be coursing this 

Had to move the mag by hand last night I was getting pxxsed off with it last night 

Any help would be great 

Thanks lads 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

2 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Well my hw100 is not cycling the mags properly some times it's OK and some times it's not and yes it dry fires as it's not moving the mag so ur left with an empty chamber that you have already fired off 

Do any of you no what can be coursing this 

Had to move the mag by hand last night I was getting pxxsed off with it last night 

Any help would be great 

Thanks lads 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

Best phoning a gun shop mate people on here arnt very willing to offer help 👀 could it be a click? They love reading the posts but not very willing to offer advice 

I do recall Mark Williams saying that he used a spray on his mags Jimmy to keep them running well and ensuring the pellet passed into the chamber correctly. I am sorry to say I don't remember what the spray was but I am pretty sure it was not a silicone spray or a normal oil and I think it begins with B, sorry Jimmy, send Mark a message.

Phil

7 hours ago, bribri988 said:

Best phoning a gun shop mate people on here arnt very willing to offer help 👀 could it be a click? They love reading the posts but not very willing to offer advice 

A bit out of order pal, we have some sound advice passed over on this forum and in a number of cases, meet up for both social and help.

8 hours ago, bribri988 said:

If anyone could help they would, no clicks on here 😬

• Like 1
8 hours ago, bribri988 said:

So you choose to come on and say that!  Why? if you think there's nothing for you on here and its all a "Click" then why bother?. Possibly better of on airgun bbs or is that to clicky for you?

43 minutes ago, paulus said:

So you choose to come on and say that!  Why? if you think there's nothing for you on here and its all a "Click" then why bother?. Possibly better of on airgun bbs or is that to clicky for you?

The one thing I do no is this site i not Clicky after all the years iv been on this forum 

If any of the lads or lasses no the answer to this they will say but sometimes it takes a little while what with work and commitments 

Not every one is glued to the forum 

And I may of sorted it out iv cleaned it all and oiled it and the mags as I remembered marks post as well 

And it seams to be cycling the mags nobother both of them so I'm a happy chappy now lol

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Better Late than never 😂

I've just changed the magazine axle on my HW100 .20 after having some issues with the indexining . Occasionally the mag wouldn't fully rotate which meant when closing cocking arm the pellet probe would catch the edge of the mag preventing correct loading of the pellet .
I've shot 17,000 pellets through it + whatever the first owner fired so wear on the mag axle is possible even on a HW.

1) Remove action from stock
2) I removed trigger to give better access
3) Splitt action by removing the two long bolts.
4) Remove the 2mm Allen head grub screw underneath the action in area below the sliding mag locking catch.
At this stage be very careful as there's two ball bearings and a spring in there which are easy to loose.
I used a well lit clean table with my usual magnetic saucer to put any smal parts in .
5) Once the grub screw is removed the mag locking catch will come away from the action. If you haven't already collected the spring and two ball bearing from the area below the grub screw do so now.
6) You can now pull the old mag axle out of the action. You might need to move the mag indexing arm a touch to clear the side of the mag axle.
I gave the area where it lives a good clean out while it was out.
7) Fit new mag axle ( I used ballistol guncer on finger tip rubed very lightly rubbed around out edges.
8) Re fit locking catch the correct way which is with the two dimples pointing down .
9) Now insert the BIG ball bearing down the hole where the grub screw lives followed by the spring then the small ball bearing.
10) Insert grub screw and gently nip it up. You'll have to do this by feel. Too much and the catch won't open or close. Just back it off until the catch works nice and crisply.
I put a touch of non perm thread lock on grub screw to avoid it moving from vibrations.

My HW now indexes the magazine perfectly.
It's a very quick job that's easy but be careful not to loose the ball bearings or spring.

Thought this might help someone in the future

Stole from Mr Rooney WOC member

How ya doing Villaman lol

• Like 1
10 hours ago, The one said:

Cleaning the mag or trying a new one seems the easiest option 

Think that may be the way to go 

Before I strip it 

Or get someone to strip it for me lol

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

• Haha 1