CITB CSCS CARDS

Done mine last month, they weren't going to let me do it as I had missed the induction, but agreed to let me sit test, split its whiskers, they took my photo, so I thought I'd get card through post, but after looking online it appears they want to nail you up the deaf and dumb for thirty odd sheets

• Like 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pretty much why I won't go near the big Main contractors or major works, I'm all for sensible H&S, We've employed hundreds of lads of the years, and had no major incidents and no fatalities, a fir

Street works is a handy one to have GM👍Need a ticket to change a blade🙄 then a hot works ticket so you can use it 😁 madness mate...best one is a 'permit to dig' before breaking ground 🙈has to be renew

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

The 2 lads that I work for now,was sacked from the place I first met them , because the one lad literally stepped  outside the brace bar down inside the trench to grab a shovel... talking seconds...a dirty cnut was walking past ,took a sly picture,sent it to the boss 🙄 thats how nuts they are with H&S....when it suits them mind👍IMG_20191213_113559_623.jpg.4ad9db487b75a57cb2c3845aa530586a.jpg

I think H&S is a good thing mate..especially if you stick to the book it can drag the job out amd slow the job down..= more work for the lads..+ zero accident and everyone going home every night..

Don't give them an excuse..cos by feck the safety bods or managers love to open there mouths..

Its nice to hear them rambling on how to do things..then there faces when you say it can't be done like that lol...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, king said:

I think H&S is a good thing mate..especially if you stick to the book it can drag the job out amd slow the job down..= more work for the lads..+ zero accident and everyone going home every night..

Don't give them an excuse..cos by feck the safety bods or managers love to open there mouths..

Its nice to hear them rambling on how to do things..then there faces when you say it can't be done like that lol...

When it comes to working in and around 360s and big plant you got to be safe. 

You seen any big f**k ups caused by someone's great idea lol

Hope you and yours are all keeping well mate 👍 

6 hours ago, Chaff said:

Thanks for reply mate, I think I done that test yesterday 

20240208_163124.jpg.55f0ac9b069ec551b36bf791de45ea87.jpg

It’s two tests mate it’s a ball ache and then you’ve got to apply for the card yourself 

the one online you can do in about 46/50 minutes mate can whizz through it done mine a couple of years ago from home had to be on a laptop with a with a webcam with some nonce on the other side watching you the whole test to make sure you don’t cheat. 

f***ing pointless just a money making scheme alot of sites don’t even ask for them but a lot of them are starting to do those online inductions and then when you get to site gotta sit through an induction and then sometimes sit a small test again what’s the f***ing point in doing the cscs in the first place 

Edited by scotty12
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

It’s two tests mate it’s a ball ache and then you’ve got to apply for the card yourself 

the one online you can do in about 46/50 minutes mate can whizz through it done mine a couple of years ago from home had to be on a laptop with a computer with a webcam with some nonce on the other side watching you the whole test to make sure you don’t cheat. 

f***ing pointless just a money making scheme alot of sites don’t even ask for them but a lot of them are starting to do those online inductions and then when you get to site gotta sit through an induction and then sometimes sit a small test again what’s the f***ing point in doing the cscs in the first place 

That's how I read it too, on the positive side it should stop the enrichers from getting in.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

What do these cards qualify you to do ?

The CSCS card is a basic H&S requirement. Proof that that you have passed a rudimentary H&S exam based on CDM Regs. You cannot, or should not, be inducted and allowed onto a construction site in the UK without a CSCS card. After that the cards vary. Will show your trade, "grade" qualifications etc. These days the principal contractors do not scrutinise the trade qualifiction aspect, only H&S, whether an individual is suitably qualified to carry out the works is the responsibility of their employer or yourself if self employed. You will have produced RAMS as evidence of being suitably qualified to carry out the works should things go tits up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

The 2 lads that I work for now,was sacked from the place I first met them , because the one lad literally stepped  outside the brace bar down inside the trench to grab a shovel... talking seconds...a dirty cnut was walking past ,took a sly picture,sent it to the boss 🙄 thats how nuts they are with H&S....when it suits them mind👍IMG_20191213_113559_623.jpg.4ad9db487b75a57cb2c3845aa530586a.jpg

Thing is though mate it only takes seconds for a trench to drop in and when your that deep your dead before anyone can even think about digging you out.It weren't till I did my deep ex and steel and timber shuttering tickets a few years back that I seriously realised how many stupid risks Id taken over the years on jobs and out with the terriers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Chaff said:

When it comes to working in and around 360s and big plant you got to be safe. 

You seen any big f**k ups caused by someone's great idea lol

Hope you and yours are all keeping well mate 👍 

If I see someone is going about something in a dangerous manner I will speak up straight away mate..common sence ain't that common..

One of the worst things happening at the moment is on hs2 a big firm are giving out free plant tickets to anyone who applies..they have a little training and bang here's your ticket..

And they wonder why there's so many accidents happening..the industry is being flooded with operators who shouldn't be operating..zero experience around machines..

The best ops are ones who have a genuine interest in operating plant.if you haven't got an Interest you won't be any good..

Its like having a genuine interest in fishing for example.  such hobbies can become obsessive and those that are obsessive are good at it..they constantly think about it and think how to make things easier or better..compared to a man catching 2 salmon a week to sell down the pub for a few pints..

Yes they are both fishing but 1 is a hell of a lot better than the other..

Seen loads of accidents mate..thankfully no fatalities..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Step on a building site then when you get on you have to have a ticket for everything you use, as an example my youngest is a ground worker he has an abrasive wheel ticket to operate an angle grinder a stropping ticket that allows him to attach kerbs and beams to the machine bucket to lower them in place, he has a dumper ticket a roller ticket and on and on more tickets your worth more bucks 

Bloody hell ?…..seriously ?

Thats nuts mate 

5 minutes ago, king said:

If I see someone is going about something in a dangerous manner I will speak up straight away mate..common sence ain't that common..

One of the worst things happening at the moment is on hs2 a big firm are giving out free plant tickets to anyone who applies..they have a little training and bang here's your ticket..

And they wonder why there's so many accidents happening..the industry is being flooded with operators who shouldn't be operating..zero experience around machines..

The best ops are ones who have a genuine interest in operating plant.if you haven't got an Interest you won't be any good..

Its like having a genuine interest in fishing for example.  such hobbies can become obsessive and those that are obsessive are good at it..they constantly think about it and think how to make things easier or better..compared to a man catching 2 salmon a week to sell down the pub for a few pints..

Yes they are both fishing but 1 is a hell of a lot better than the other..

Seen loads of accidents mate..thankfully no fatalities..

Yeah there are some right dangerous on these machines and also some that seem less aggressive yet get more done some how 🤔 

7 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Thing is though mate it only takes seconds for a trench to drop in and when your that deep your dead before anyone can even think about digging you out.It weren't till I did my deep ex and steel and timber shuttering tickets a few years back that I seriously realised how many stupid risks Id taken over the years on jobs and out with the terriers

Anything deeper than 1.2 m ,you have to use a trenchbox these days on site or on the highways...the ground a meter either side of the top of the box, should be stripped back and batted/stabilised, using piles if need be  as best you can....before anyone enters ...so unless your machine drivers a nugget from an agency and drops something on you...the risks are minimal 😉👍

• Like 1

Talk about a load of bollocks !…..I once sold a load of kit to one job, they were just finishing the fit out (as in snagging a few ceiling tiles, carpet tiles and sweeping up outside) when we installed it.

Bloke said to me “Where’s your hi viz” ?!

I said “Mate, it’s 70 degrees outside, we are on the top floor, indoors in a finished building!…..what the f**k are you talking about ?”

Anyway, bloke made a big song and dance and found us some hi viz things to put on.

Few hours later I hear a scream from downstairs, go down to investigate and a ceiling fixer has nearly cut his thumb off with a Stanley knife f***ing about with a tile.

Matey with the hi viz is hopping about so I said “I can’t see how it’s possible that bloke has nearly cut his finger off”

”whys that?” Says matey

”Well, he has a hi viz on” I say…..

Bloke just walked off and left us alone for the rest of the job, prat ! 

some of these geezers would do better actually getting their finger out their arse and getting on with it rather than walking about dressed as a liquorice allsort 

• Haha 1

It is not uncommon to attend a pre-construction meeting for refurbishment works in a building built prior to 2000 with the high and mighty in attendance brow beating the subcontractors before a ball has been struck in regard to H&S, and I ask... can I see the R&D Asbestos Survey? And the high and mighty just look at each other like the clueless fuckwits that they are. 

Edited by eastcoast
being pretentious
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Yeah there are some right dangerous on these machines and also some that seem less aggressive yet get more done some how 🤔 

We have moved 80k cu about 150k ton of muck and rock. The 2 30ton trucks have done nearly 5400 loads between them..the last 16 weeks..

the first lad who was on the 50ton 360 Told me he had been operating 360's for 30yrs. He finished a couple of weeks before Xmas.. 

We have been taking a ramp out in a quarry that went upto the 2nd bench in height and maybe 300yds long from the quarry floor..

The quarry is still working blasting and loading a rigid next to us..they done a blast so the side of the face on the right hand side of the pic is loose blasted rock..we were level with the top of that face behind the 360..Once the 360 had loaded out the material he was about 30ft below the loose blasted rock. 2 upto 5 ton rocks dozens of them hanging losely ontop of the blast pile. Now the 360 driver was sitting right under them the rear of the 360 about 2ft from the rock face..if 1 rock slipped and come down then something bad or really bad is going to happen..

1, is he a man who is fearless..

2, is he mentally retared and simply can't sence danger or even see danger..

I had to speak to him on the radio of what he was doing is dangerous he didn't like that and ignored me for 2 weeks before he left..

The ignoring me part doesn't matter to me at all..the part that I am happy with is that I haven't got to see someone killed in work..

I will have a joke and a laugh at break time in the cabin with anyone and will talk to anyone..but once back in the machine you have got to be 100% switched on..I won't touch alcohol on a Sunday..day or night as I'm in the machine on Monday morning and I've got to be 100% switched on...

Screenshot_20240208_212507_Gallery.jpg.20fd2910c8c03e66fb62d6dab9bdfc62.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Smooth and consistent is the key mate. Not erratic..ideally like a metronome..constantly going at the same speed. Go and watch the operator 2 hrs later and the machine is moving exactly like it was 2 hrs previously..just like an old timer on a hand shovel he doesn't start flat out at 7am and burn out at 8am..he will just plod on all day long..and by feck he will have moved some amount compared to a handful of teenager new starters..

• Like 3