CITB CSCS CARDS

What's the crack with getting a card. I'm trying to get back on site as my own stuff is getting sketchy I only have a couple of weeks in front. So I thought I'd get back on site work. I done my operatives test and passed I thought that was the end of it and card will follow in post, but I'm being told I need to do an online 4 hour course then do another test. Is that how it's done now ?

Cheers for any help

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pretty much why I won't go near the big Main contractors or major works, I'm all for sensible H&S, We've employed hundreds of lads of the years, and had no major incidents and no fatalities, a fir

Street works is a handy one to have GM👍Need a ticket to change a blade🙄 then a hot works ticket so you can use it 😁 madness mate...best one is a 'permit to dig' before breaking ground 🙈has to be renew

Posted Images

Find a local test centre and ring them, if you've recognised papers then you can add a number or photo online to get a coloured card if just box standard card then not necessary. I rang test centre they emailed me the online link then I called in did a multiple choice computer test and kept receipt for the number so that site can reference it if card is in the post . It's a bit of a ball ache but lasts 5 years now. 

• Like 1

Beware all the companies overcharging online...ring about to find recognised test centre and check reviews. It's worth learning fire extinguisher colours and uses and hazard/warning signage 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borr said:

Beware all the companies overcharging online...ring about to find recognised test centre and check reviews. It's worth learning fire extinguisher colours and uses and hazard/warning signage 

Thanks for reply mate, I think I done that test yesterday 

20240208_163124.jpg.55f0ac9b069ec551b36bf791de45ea87.jpg

Annoying thing is I had cards for wimpy Charles Church persimmons and others I believe I passed nvq given grandfather rights as well.

They don't half make things complicated now ffs lol

Last time I  looked,it was £19 for the card if you lose it...when you sit the test they take your picture beforehand...chase them up,ask them where your card is.... bollocks to sitting a 4 hr test😉👍

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Last time I  looked,it was £19 for the card if you lose it...when you sit the test they take your picture beforehand...chase them up,ask them where your card is.... bollocks to sitting a 4 hr test😉👍

Yeah they did take picture I honestly thought that's it done card will follow in post.

The mrs has got involved and says I have to start from scratch and do this other test in order to get another card.

I'm going to go back to test centre tomorrow and find out what's happening  dc 👍

13 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Yeah they did take picture I honestly thought that's it done card will follow in post.

The mrs has got involved and says I have to start from scratch and do this other test in order to get another card.

I'm going to go back to test centre tomorrow and find out what's happening  dc 👍

Anything like that gets my standard reply mate,  just renewed it will bring it when it arrives covers most tickets lol

• Haha 1

If you have had a card before you will still be on the system. You will need your card number though. We do it in house as one of the lasses has access to the portal. We sometimes start people who have let their renewal lapse, usually from working abroad. We then just search on the portal using their card number and apply for a renewal. Then it's just a case of the person sitting the online exam and we pay for new card. Any centre you have gone to would be able to do the same, never heard of the 5 hour course thing. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

What do these cards qualify you to do ?

Step on a building site then when you get on you have to have a ticket for everything you use, as an example my youngest is a ground worker he has an abrasive wheel ticket to operate an angle grinder a stropping ticket that allows him to attach kerbs and beams to the machine bucket to lower them in place, he has a dumper ticket a roller ticket and on and on more tickets your worth more bucks 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Step on a building site then when you get on you have to have a ticket for everything you use, as an example my youngest is a ground worker he has an abrasive wheel ticket to operate an angle grinder a stropping ticket that allows him to attach kerbs and beams to the machine bucket to lower them in place, he has a dumper ticket a roller ticket and on and on more tickets your worth more bucks 

Bit like the railway industry, Ive got more tickets than a fckn bus conductor

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Street works is a handy one to have GM👍Need a ticket to change a blade🙄 then a hot works ticket so you can use it 😁 madness mate...best one is a 'permit to dig' before breaking ground 🙈has to be renewed weekly or if a different person jumps on to work with you...just a way to hold you responsible if something goes wrong...buck passing at its best😉👍

• Like 7

The 2 lads that I work for now,was sacked from the place I first met them , because the one lad literally stepped  outside the brace bar down inside the trench to grab a shovel... talking seconds...a dirty cnut was walking past ,took a sly picture,sent it to the boss 🙄 thats how nuts they are with H&S....when it suits them mind👍IMG_20191213_113559_623.jpg.4ad9db487b75a57cb2c3845aa530586a.jpg

I must have dodged a lot of that doing the ceramic tiling, 4 inch grinder dry cutting lol

Agent would just leave us to get on with it probably because they were late with build, caused by all these tickets and forms lol.

1 good old hand on a team keeps every one safe and trains up the youngsters that's the way I learnt things. The last crew I was with had a few youngsters they were doing these nvq things at the time.