Out of Town Jack Hargreaves

Out of Town is being repeated on Talking Pictures (ch 82 Freeview) from next Monday 6.30pm then every Monday afterwards. I've seen a few of you mention this show before so I thought I'd put this up for those who'd like to see it again.

• Like 6

You can also catch it on YouTube, I’ve been watching a few lately on there on my telly.
Pure nostalgia as I never missed it when I was a kid 

• Like 5
53 minutes ago, Dazmac said:

Out of Town is being repeated on Talking Pictures (ch 82 Freeview) from next Monday 6.30pm then every Monday afterwards. I've seen a few of you mention this show before so I thought I'd put this up for those who'd like to see it again.

Cheers pal, I have seen it advertised, I'm looking forward to it, I always tried my best watch him in the past  👍

• Like 1

I can hear the music now........my mum, inner Belfast city bred, used to encourage me to watch it as a kid in the 70's, followed by Survival......often depicting birth, life  and death in the wilds of Africa etc.

Everything in the house stopped for Life on Earth, the original series........David Attenborough was the man of the moment........fabulous memories!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

I think he did a similar show called old country,he did I just looked 

Check out 7.50 ish on the video. The chap at the back looks familiar😉

Screenshot_20240130-213439_DuckDuckGo.jpg.30423c875d20c0709ff6444bba7f3c66.jpg

Edited by comanche
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, littlefish said:

I can hear the music now........my mum, inner Belfast city bred, used to encourage me to watch it as a kid in the 70's, followed by Survival......often depicting birth, life  and death in the wilds of Africa etc.

Everything in the house stopped for Life on Earth, the original series........David Attenborough was the man of the moment........fabulous memories!

The chap that masterminded the Survival programmes was Colin Willock, a friend of Jack Hargreaves . Both were pretty influential  in the TV business and had the wherewithal to make programs involving their own interests.  I met Colin Willock on a pheasant shoot ,an absolute Gentleman .

Between them they built a wildfowling punt and made a programme and wrote a book about its creation  .

What a great way of life it must've  been for them ;   TV executive jobs  probably army pensions  and being paid to film your own hobbies .  With Old Jack finding time to get a reputation as a bit of a womaniser as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Greyman said:

I think he did a similar show called old country,he did I just looked 

Greyman , it might be worth popping this video  in the Lurcher and Running Dog  Section . 

Apart from Screenshot_20240130-213439_DuckDuckGo.jpg.0e8bf7b81ee42d1ec5107eb96807aa95.jpgandScreenshot_20240131-075738_DuckDuckGo.jpg.3c0e6309874d90fc7469667577cdcc04.jpg,there are a few other dogs and faces that are bound to ring a bell with forum members of a certain age.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, comanche said:

The chap that masterminded the Survival programmes was Colin Willock, a friend of Jack Hargreaves . Both were pretty influential  in the TV business and had the wherewithal to make programs involving their own interests.  I met Colin Willock on a pheasant shoot ,an absolute Gentleman .

Between them they built a wildfowling punt and made a programme and wrote a book about its creation  .

What a great way of life it must've  been for them ;   TV executive jobs  probably army pensions  and being paid to film your own hobbies .  With Old Jack finding time to get a reputation as a bit of a womaniser as well.

Didn't Colin have a page in the shooting times?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Didn't Colin have a page in the shooting times?

Yes he did, and wrote several  books about fishing and shooting. 

Edited by comanche
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, comanche said:

Greyman , it might be worth popping this video  in the Lurcher and Running Dog  Section . 

Apart from Screenshot_20240130-213439_DuckDuckGo.jpg.0e8bf7b81ee42d1ec5107eb96807aa95.jpgandScreenshot_20240131-075738_DuckDuckGo.jpg.3c0e6309874d90fc7469667577cdcc04.jpg,there are a few other dogs and faces that are bound to ring a bell with forum members of a certain age.

Will do had a bit of a double take when I saw this fella on the film lol 

D03A9E75-E056-40AE-BB0B-F766E718826A.png

089B515D-89DE-4835-AABF-4E8E7A4C0DF9.png

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, comanche said:

Yes he did, and wrote several  books about fishing and shooting. 

I saw him as a kid,must have had something to do with the wildfowl trust as I distinctly remember seeing him at WWT doing a talk along with a few others.He wrote a book on Kenzie Thorpe,I had a copy but gave it to someone on here (can’t remember who),and yup he had a weekly page in Shooting Times.

• Like 1
On 31/01/2024 at 08:26, comanche said:

Ooohhh errr missus........and I was under the impression that he spent all his time futtering about in his shed.....

On 31/01/2024 at 08:35, comanche said:

f**k me that dog gets everywhere ! 

sure I read it was the only running dog the owner ever had?