I watched the darts last night and genuinely think that Luke Littler could be as good as Phil Taylor.

Im watching O’Sullivan playing snooker right now and he’s playing as well as he has ever done and is undoubtedly the greatest of all time , and wondering if anyone is in the pipeline to better him ?

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • chartpolski changed the title to Darts & Snooker.

39 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Im watching O’Sullivan playing snooker right now and he’s playing as well as he has ever done and is undoubtedly the greatest of all time , and wondering if anyone is in the 

Never be another osullivan in our time

6 hours ago, TOMO said:

Double yawn....

Dont talk bull! Luke L trains at Greggs, O'Sullivan comes from the same raw talent as Alex Higgins and Jimmy White but has longevity in the sport. Both came from nothing.

There's something of the X  factor in their stories, they are one offs born to succeed at their particular talent. Both sports are made for telly, the TV cameras enhance the  battles between them and their opponents.

You are way over the oche to  maintain the sports are boring. In fact I am so incensed at your post, I have reported you to the Cruelty and Insensitivity to Pensioners Hotline. Expect a visit from the authorities, we'll see how f****n bullish you are when they turn up on your doorstep.

At this very moment I am sticking  darts in the eyes of a doll I have named Tomo. I am also sticking an unlubed cue up its arse.

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 4

I believe Littler could become the best darts player there’s ever been, but still doubt he’ll get near Taylor’s title haul. The standard of darts is incredible now.

As for snooker. O’Sullivan is the best ever no question, but could have put any debate to bed years ago if he could have got his head right. 
Darts seems to be flying, but I do wonder about the future of snooker, especially emergence of significant talent from the UK. Doubt many kids are watching snooker on TV the way the likes of Davis, Hendry and O’Sullivan must have growing up, and been inspired to pick up a cue. They seem to have tried various things, like shot clocks and more casual attire, but can’t see them drawing a younger audience. 

7 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

I believe Littler could become the best darts player there’s ever been, but still doubt he’ll get near Taylor’s title haul. The standard of darts is incredible now.

As for snooker. O’Sullivan is the best ever no question, but could have put any debate to bed years ago if he could have got his head right. 
Darts seems to be flying, but I do wonder about the future of snooker, especially emergence of significant talent from the UK. Doubt many kids are watching snooker on TV the way the likes of Davis, Hendry and O’Sullivan must have growing up, and been inspired to pick up a cue. They seem to have tried various things, like shot clocks and more casual attire, but can’t see them drawing a younger audience. 

I think O’Sullivan is single handedly keeping snooker afloat. 
When he eventually retires there is no characters in the game to fill his shoes.

This is why he gets away with saying the things he does.

As for darts, it’s changed immeasurably since the BDO days, the money, tv, glitz , spectators having a party time instead of forever being warned to be quiet,

I think you’re right about Littler, he could be as good as Taylor, but I doubt he’ll overhaul the amount of world championships Taylor won, there are more elite players now capable of winning the World Championship. But if he keeps his head and has good advice and management, he’s destined to be one of the greats.

Cheets.

• Like 1

O'Sullivan seems to be going the way of trash talk to bolster coverage, maybe for the sake of the game but all seems a bit the same in sport , media coverage and drama forsakes the sport...

3 hours ago, Borr said:

O'Sullivan seems to be going the way of trash talk to bolster coverage, maybe for the sake of the game but all seems a bit the same in sport , media coverage and drama forsakes the sport...

yeh, but O'Sullivan  is the best ever thats played this game no doubt about it, and he knows by the reaction  of any crowd  where he plays, thats he very well liked as player fact. But as a man, i not keen on him, but like been said he deff keeps the game afloat, just like Ali did in the 60s - 80s in the boxing , most people back then, didn't this trash talk he came out with more so this white/ black stuff etc. But he was best , and same as O'Sullivan  , you love his magic  he brings to the game  deff, even if you want to see him beat . lol         ps  no  help on my post  then .?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, king said:

Have a look at jimmy whites shot at 40 seconds..crazy spin..

Jimmy the nearly man. If he'd stayed off the drink and the coke, he could have been much better.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Jimmy the nearly man. If he'd stayed off the drink and the coke, he could have been much better.

Right enough mate..