Pine Martins are spreading in uk

12 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Now crossing over from Forest of Dean .

IMG_1711.png

Ive got a squirrel feeder,that I put out on the forest side of Hadnock,if im up there for more than a day or 2,have a few hrs with the airgun , could get good numbers ,but last  few times ive been , I aint seen a squirrel ...plenty of everything else though🤔,will have to put a trailcamera on it next time Im up there,bait it up..and see what's occurring 👍

• Like 2

Always  fancied  one ,to try to train to hunt squirrels  , bit like that guy does  in USA with mlnk but can't  seem to obtain any  , been  up to Scotland  a few times  trying  but no luck 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Never seen one in the wild though with the boom in grey squirrel numbers around me maybe they would be a welcome introduction though i don't know how they would fair in deciduous woodland.

I heard a report on my local radio station that they've been spotted several times recently in the New Forest so I guess they're happy with the deciduous. There are certainly plenty of squirrels around here for them. 

• Like 2

They are the latest animal to be adopted by the rewinding loons, no consultation with landowners, just breed them faster then they get killed and keep turning them loose, has worked with otters and polecats so they won’t stop

• Like 2
3 hours ago, wildman said:

Always  fancied  one ,to try to train to hunt squirrels  , bit like that guy does  in USA with mlnk but can't  seem to obtain any  , been  up to Scotland  a few times  trying  but no luck 

Mate has lost a load of hens to one in Scotland, all his little valley (glen?) has been visited loosing ducks and hens. Anyway he set a cage trap on the inside of his hen house through the pop hole which it entered through. He set a camera watching it. He wasn't aiming for pine Martin's, he presumed it was a mink or fox cub. Anyway at the end of the week he checked the camera and it had visited 4 times, each time looking through the pop hole....it wouldn't go in though. Clever sod

24 minutes ago, Neal said:

I heard a report on my local radio station that they've been spotted several times recently in the New Forest so I guess they're happy with the deciduous. There are certainly plenty of squirrels around here for them. 

You in the forest?