Beddy Lurchers at work

Tidy hounds you’ve got, I’ve always had a soft spot for the beddy cross, a mate of mine used to have a handy first cross bedlington grey when I was in my early teens he was a great little dog, always fancied one myself

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

Tidy hounds you’ve got, I’ve always had a soft spot for the beddy cross, a mate of mine used to have a handy first cross bedlington grey when I was in my early teens he was a great little dog, always fancied one myself

There handy dogs. The bigger one can turn her hand to most things.. she has a great nose and finds most of what she hunts. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Moonlighter123 said:

Beddy/ whippet and the other is beddy/whipoet/grey. 

always liked a beddy cross. are they first cross?, reason I ask is all my first cross all seemed to lack pace to be good runners, 

love the bedlington x greyhounds, great all round mooching dogs,had 4 of them over the years,only fault i found with beddy x whippets was that they could get a bit vocal when outpaced by their quarry, but terrific ferreting dogs,fantastic noses woild put a bloodhound to shame, the last one i owned was in the late 90s, would have another in a flash,but sadly these days good woking bedlingtons are as rare as hens teeth, most ot dogs i had all came fro george newcombes  rillington lines, les robinson pest controller from brigg always used rillington in his breeding and bred some damn good stock a good few years back.

• Like 4

Never had a first cross either whippet or greyhound though i have had numerous lurchers with beddy in the mix years ago and i believe it was the icing on the cake that made them good hardy versatile lurchers and good pot fillers. My mate has got a cracker though she has got a touch of springer spaniel in her that has got bags of stamina and good recovery and natural retrieving ability plus a very easy dog to live with.