• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morty, a filth generation lamper he tracked 7 cwd and a munty single handed during the day in January. Not to bad considering it was his first daytime jaunt out.   

Another of Maurice, tracked this and put it on the deck single handed in the middle of a field without the aid of fence or ditch, we got there it saw us panicked and full of adrenaline it managed to g

More tracking for the shooting clowns 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

well worth getting one chart make life easy 

I had some Russian night vision with infra red that I got from some Daghistani Hajis years ago. They were just Gen 2 but very effective, but I know the thermals are a different level, but I couldn’t justify the cost.

Next time I’m in the Middle East I’ll see what’s available.

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I had some Russian night vision with infra red that I got from some Daghistani Hajis years ago. They were just Gen 2 but very effective, but I know the thermals are a different level, but I couldn’t justify the cost.

Next time I’m in the Middle East I’ll see what’s available.

Cheers.

normally cheaper there ? 

i’ve only got the xm30 entry level really but it’s excellent for spotting pick em up 600-700 off ebay right time a year 

10 hours ago, eastcoast said:

More reason then to keep and not burn. History. A quote popped into my head after reading this and it was in a Plummer book. Now I have upset everyone 🙂 Something like "there came a time when the quite men of the forest were no longer valued. A wise man said record those who hunted the fields and the forests as there will come a time when they will be looked on more favourably" or words to that effect. It inspired me at the time when most people thought that I was a proper weirdo because I hunted with dogs. 

That's a good quote mate think my thoughts are down to none of my grandkids having any interest and with how the worlds going i think when we all are long gone men who did hunt with dogs will not be viewed with respect like most of us do when we view old photos of dogs and men from a bygone era .

• Like 2
On 26/01/2024 at 07:47, tatsblisters said:

That's a good quote mate think my thoughts are down to none of my grandkids having any interest and with how the worlds going i think when we all are long gone men who did hunt with dogs will not be viewed with respect like most of us do when we view old photos of dogs and men from a bygone era .

Yes Tats, it is a good quote,..and very applicable to that bygone time...

I've not been gifted with the skills to pen such romantic prose,...but I can give you my own take on the situation, Circa 2024...and one would have to say, "The game, as we once knew it, is FECKED,...and I do mean, proper  FECKED"....🙄

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5