5 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Of topic, but if anyone likes a bit of “leg” on their dogs, have a look at this pup;

BA394B17-89D2-48A9-B364-EFAC59A9C65A.jpeg.8e41d3d64766d7ac6f812e83b5132348.jpeg

8 month old first cross deer/grey .

Cheers.

How do you find the deerhound crosses? Wouldn’t mind seeing a decent one run at some point, only saw 1 years back that came off platts, it was ok caught a few bits here and there but nothing special. Did see a deerhound x bull x grey one night though and even though they’re not my usual type I’d have owned that one no problem

• Like 1

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morty, a filth generation lamper he tracked 7 cwd and a munty single handed during the day in January. Not to bad considering it was his first daytime jaunt out.   

Another of Maurice, tracked this and put it on the deck single handed in the middle of a field without the aid of fence or ditch, we got there it saw us panicked and full of adrenaline it managed to g

More tracking for the shooting clowns 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

WELL,..this thread (the first one with any real substance, for many a long year) just goes to show,..how very different we all are🤔 It is this incredible divergence, in both thought, deed and lurcher type, that has made the running dog world, so unique.

Long may it continue...🙏

IMG_0291.JPG

scan0049.jpg

Whippet in snow.jpeg

48 pages in 2 Weeks is some going isn't it 😲

Two things about mc aswell he's definitely passionate about salukis even if it has turned out he's a lamper lol and the second he has a skin like a rhino all the stick he's took on this thread but still keeps comin back for more😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i was out every other day when younger driving about at em now i couldn’t think of out worse to hunt boring driving about you can only slip on fox because out else the dog will be f****d and  won’t get near a fox 

U seem to have done a lot when u was younger but no one else  has done anything  bring ya dogs down. Here ? But you won’t cos Ther get ther nose n lips bit off  and you know that ! You don’t do much fox  just jabber  on about it you do plenty of listening about  dogs from man in pub , you do plenty crabbing others dogs but not been out  to see them to make an honest judgement     You do amuse me. To a degree machammed  x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

U seem to have done a lot when u was younger but no one else  has done anything  bring ya dogs down. Here ? But you won’t cos Ther get ther nose n lips bit off  and you know that ! You don’t do much fox  just jabber  on about it you do plenty of listening about  dogs from man in pub , you do plenty crabbing others dogs but not been out  to see them to make an honest judgement     You do amuse me. To a degree machammed  x

it’s me machammad lol 

don’t tell

me your an owner of a whippet and bull x ffs i’ll roll about laughing lol

4 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

How do you find the deerhound crosses? Wouldn’t mind seeing a decent one run at some point, only saw 1 years back that came off platts, it was ok caught a few bits here and there but nothing special. Did see a deerhound x bull x grey one night though and even though they’re not my usual type I’d have owned that one no problem

I find them no better or no worse than other types and I’ve owned most types, pures and crosses.

Like getting any type, you must do your homework with the breeding, parents , etc.

I obviously wouldn’t get one just for, say, ferreting or lamping rabbits. They will do that but there’s better types for the job.

I mainly run hares and roe these days and the odd fox, and the deer crosses will do that as well as anything else.

Its just a personal choice, I like them as they are easy to live with, and do what I want of them.

Ive a soft spot for whippets, beddy’s, Salukis and deerhounds, and have had them all, so it’s not a “breed blind” thing, but after all these years I still get enormous pleasure from seeing a big deerhound cross in full flight behind a daytime roe or hare.

Of course they are not for everyone, and there are better types for certain jobs, but I’m happy with them .

Cheers.

• Like 11
13 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Are you Jonny?

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I find them no better or no worse than other types and I’ve owned most types, pures and crosses.

Like getting any type, you must do your homework with the breeding, parents , etc.

I obviously wouldn’t get one just for, say, ferreting or lamping rabbits. They will do that but there’s better types for the job.

I mainly run hares and roe these days and the odd fox, and the deer crosses will do that as well as anything else.

Its just a personal choice, I like them as they are easy to live with, and do what I want of them.

Ive a soft spot for whippets, beddy’s, Salukis and deerhounds, and have had them all, so it’s not a “breed blind” thing, but after all these years I still get enormous pleasure from seeing a big deerhound cross in full flight behind a daytime roe or hare.

Of course they are not for everyone, and there are better types for certain jobs, but I’m happy with them .

Cheers.

That was one of the things I liked about the deerhound x bull x grey I mentioned, it had such an easy going temperament but it flicked like a switch when it was time to work

15 minutes ago, dodger said:

48 pages in 2 Weeks is some going isn't it 😲

Two things about mc aswell he's definitely passionate about salukis even if it has turned out he's a lamper lol and the second he has a skin like a rhino all the stick he's took on this thread but still keeps comin back for more😆

i’m out in morning again mate lol i love daytime 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

That was one of the things I liked about the deerhound x bull x grey I mentioned, it had such an easy going temperament but it flicked like a switch when it was time to work

Some stamp that dog I bet

I do like the temp of the deerhound x I bet a deerhound x bull greyhound would block a bit a sun 

7 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

seen a few descent big dogs good mouths good day and night