Majority of foxing boys will run double but they know that every dog on the team can kill single so I get the running double thing I don’t do it but I don’t judge it either.

same as the boys dropping bucks. Running them double even though they know that each dog is capable and proven that they can stop them single. Sometimes it’s a case of getting every dog ran quick sharp and getting out of there so I get it. It’s a big ask to get the job done on them so dogs that do or did then fair play to them.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morty, a filth generation lamper he tracked 7 cwd and a munty single handed during the day in January. Not to bad considering it was his first daytime jaunt out.   

Another of Maurice, tracked this and put it on the deck single handed in the middle of a field without the aid of fence or ditch, we got there it saw us panicked and full of adrenaline it managed to g

More tracking for the shooting clowns 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

But surely if 1 dog was being made a prat out of then the fox had done well, beaten the dog and deserved to get away? Thats the way I’d look at it

1 fox 1 dog, never done it any other way not even saplings, would you double up a young terrier that has a tougher job than a lurcher. 

I've no experience of deer so can't speak on it but foxes I've plenty. 

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Bits n bobs said:

Majority of foxing boys will run double but they know that every dog on the team can kill single so I get the running double thing I don’t do it but I don’t judge it either.

same as the boys dropping bucks. Running them double even though they know that each dog is capable and proven that they can stop them single. Sometimes it’s a case of getting every dog ran quick sharp and getting out of there so I get it. It’s a big ask to get the job done on them so dogs that do or did then fair play to them.

I honestly can't think of one single reason to double up on foxes other than bragging about numbers, one single is worth a 100 doubled up imo. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

1 fox 1 dog, never done it any other way not even saplings, would you double up a young terrier that has a tougher job than a lurcher. 

I've no experience of deer so can't speak on it but foxes I've plenty. 

I agree and when it comes to deer it’s much the same, if the dogs capable single then why not just run it single

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I agree and when it comes to deer it’s much the same, if the dogs capable single then why not just run it single

Maybe in a time when lads were making a few quid at it then yes I'd understand that but you can't truly call a dog single handed if half the stuff it's taken were doubled up, that dog could of jacked at any time doing the same numbers single. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Bits n bobs said:

The test of the dog though is doing it single handed over a period of time, if a dog does one buck single then gets ran doubled the rest of its career it doesn’t really prove the dogs ability because it might have jacked if it was ran single handed.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Maybe in a time when lads were making a few quid at it then yes I'd understand that but you can't truly call a dog single handed if half the stuff it's taken were doubled up, that dog could of jacked at any time doing the same numbers single. 

That’s true & if you were in to catching deer for money you wouldn’t be running mature fallow bucks, much easier to knock over does, lighter to carry & less chance of injury to the dog 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Bits n bobs said:

lol belter know every dog on the team can kill single so they are in a team ? ffs lol says it all 

why would anyone run a dog that’s capable on its own doubled up you wouldn’t 

once it turns and the shit over runs it the next one is straight into it or it would a been away one bend slow heavy dogs with no stamina need help it really is that simple lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I honestly can't think of one single reason to double up on foxes other than bragging about numbers, one single is worth a 100 doubled up imo. 

I agree with you I was just stating that I get why some do. On foxes I’ve always liked to see the one dog do it but wouldn’t judge people that do it differently because it’s them picking the plods up and feeding what they’re feeding so if they’re happy doing it like that then I won’t judge because it’s not affecting me and what I do.

and you’re definitely right about 1 single being worth 100 doubled up especially when it came to the fuel bill lol lol. Just kidding I don’t mind spending especially when it comes to dogs and anything dog related.

1 minute ago, Whoknows said:

Simple fact of the matter is you’d catch more with two good dogs running than one. Doesn’t mean you should, but it’s the truth. 

tell that to gl he runs double and still 90 percent get away lol 

14 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

lol belter know every dog on the team can kill single so they are in a team ? ffs lol says it all 

why would anyone run a dog that’s capable on its own doubled up you wouldn’t 

once it turns and the shit over runs it the next one is straight into it or it would a been away one bend slow heavy dogs with no stamina need help it really is that simple lol

I stopped replying to you as you requested. If you’re thing is daytime then go pollute a thread that isn’t titled lampers, just to clarify, lampers go out to lamp at the very opposite time of a 24 hour cycle to daytimers, in case that had been forgotten.

your like a wasp at a barbecue McDull 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

The test of the dog though is doing it single handed over a period of time, if a dog does one buck single then gets ran doubled the rest of its career it doesn’t really prove the dogs ability because it might have jacked if it was ran single handed.

Totally agree I think I should have said when a dogs proven and tested single there’s no harm running double if the Charlie’s are thin on the ground for example. 
im not a die hard foxing lad so I wouldn’t disagree with someone that is deerhunter. 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, Bits n bobs said:

Totally agree I think I should have said when a dogs proven and tested single there’s no harm running double if the Charlie’s are thin on the ground for example. 
im not a die hard foxing lad so I wouldn’t disagree with someone that is deerhunter. 👍🏻

To be honest I’ve got very little experience with foxing so I’ve got no opinion on it, I wouldn’t ever try and tell someone about their job when I know nothing about it. There’s certain things do need doubled on though from time to time I’ll agree

• Like 2