Shipping containers

7 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I don't get charged for Skips Sean, not heard of that to be honest...scrapping cars on a low loader maybe... might be different areas..

We've done around 15t scrap off the bog refurb we're on, getting 180t for the old cast gutters and 200t for iron/steel... delivering some ourselves and some in skips

Thats my little brothers old van from a few yrs ago,with a 5 series traffic car behind it,came out of a cafe...school kids had let down the tires🙈🤣👍

Kev,you most likely have a 'waste carriers license ' having the business that you do.....lots of companies dont want the extra cost/liability/insurance,so have skips for metal waste and the company supplying it will deduct a charge from the overall weight when its removed wether they tell you or not...you wont get ANYTHING for f**k all from a scrap merchant, because everyone's diddling everyone🤣 ...from the lads in a tipper weighing in daily,lads in the machines in the yard who watch everything and relay back to the gaffer,lads on the precious scales, the weighbridge,persons in the office who pay you,to the wagon drivers taking the shit from there😉 

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where are the rust holes in them.Normally they get them in the roof,I do quite a bit of work for a mate who puts up agricultural buildings and weve put new roofs and even cladded walls on quite a few

My bar... Basically a converted shipping container, plus I cut a hole out the back and added an extra bar... if you are handy enough they are very versatile, they give you a base to work from...

Goes straight in the business account now, shit ain't it!  Used to love an after work piss up on scrap money...lol

Posted Images

Where are the rust holes in them.Normally they get them in the roof,I do quite a bit of work for a mate who puts up agricultural buildings and weve put new roofs and even cladded walls on quite a few old containers where farmers dont like to throw anything away.Few lengths of timber,Some box profile sheeting and a couple of boxes of tech screws has gotta be cheaper and less agro than getting rid of the old ones and then buying new.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, downsouth said:

Where are the rust holes in them.Normally they get them in the roof,I do quite a bit of work for a mate who puts up agricultural buildings and weve put new roofs and even cladded walls on quite a few old containers where farmers dont like to throw anything away.Few lengths of timber,Some box profile sheeting and a couple of boxes of tech screws has gotta be cheaper and less agro than getting rid of the old ones and then buying new.

Thought the same mate, the basic structure will be sound, great things foe anything from a store to a garden bar if you "do them up" right

Wasnt it the ex footballer Lou Macari who started a charity using containers to house the homeless....see them used for all sorts now theres a lad near me who gets them craned over into peoples gardens,clads inside and out for use as garden gyms/offices whatever the customer wants.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Wasnt it the ex footballer Lou Macari who started a charity using containers to house the homeless....see them used for all sorts now theres a lad near me who gets them craned over into peoples gardens,clads inside and out for use as garden gyms/offices whatever the customer wants.

My bar...

Basically a converted shipping container, plus I cut a hole out the back and added an extra bar... if you are handy enough they are very versatile, they give you a base to work from...

Screenshot_20240108_135940_Gallery.jpg.aacd9b91b46d03e131441f4ce6e6b968.jpg

Screenshot_20240108_135932_Gallery.jpg.d6ea8f3905f3c890ceca4d442a0a60ca.jpg

Screenshot_20240108_135923_Gallery.jpg.69597f76d63a6568bcf5b6c30de01b0f.jpg

• Like 5

Big money converting them into housing etc....my local town used to have an 'Indoor' market for yrs,lots of little handy stores from cd,s,petshop,  to butchers/cafe etc... closed it down and are rebuilding it out of containers.....most of the original store holders will be priced right out with the rates/rent etc😔..but dont worry because there be plenty of places to sit,talk shit and drink overpriced coffees🙄👎

• Like 1
4 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Thought the same mate, the basic structure will be sound, great things foe anything from a store to a garden bar if you "do them up" right

Thats it mate all the thicker structual steel normally stays sound.The roofs normally rot through with age because theyre flat and dished so water lays in them.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Theres a fella near me that we used to use before covid when we doing civils for southern gas.He had 3 crane lorrys doing nothing else but running shipping containers about.He has them kitted out as site offices,canteens,toilet/shower facilities or just plain containers for storing tools/materials.You can hire them from him ,buy them and he'll even buy them back.Must be good dough in them as hes permanatly got a massive yard full of them.

• Like 2

I bought 2 when I was in the pub, a 20ft that I had powered and lit for storage and a 10ft on for my quad and trailer.

Great value, sold the 10ft one when I moved cos couldn't get it behind my house but the wooden shed I bought with the money is leaking in now 🤪 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

I remember back in the 90's a bulldog man up north who had made a container into a really nice kennel block......as i remember he had 4 individual runs,2 side to side going to doors at each end,meshed roof for air/light etc it worked really well and he just took it with him when he moved house.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, downsouth said:

Good call that....roof and floor rusting but a new roof and marine ply floor would do it eh

• Like 2
6 hours ago, dytkos said:

I bought 2 when I was in the pub, a 20ft that I had powered and lit for storage and a 10ft on for my quad and trailer.

Great value, sold the 10ft one when I moved cos couldn't get it behind my house but the wooden shed I bought with the money is leaking in now 🤪 

Cheers, D.

Sure you did….

• Confused 1