Shipping containers

10 hours ago, mC HULL said:

everything end ups wet threw in them from condensation unless insulated and then still not ideal 

Same with them steel sheds you can get unless you store tools in them plastic storage boxes.

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where are the rust holes in them.Normally they get them in the roof,I do quite a bit of work for a mate who puts up agricultural buildings and weve put new roofs and even cladded walls on quite a few

My bar... Basically a converted shipping container, plus I cut a hole out the back and added an extra bar... if you are handy enough they are very versatile, they give you a base to work from...

Goes straight in the business account now, shit ain't it!  Used to love an after work piss up on scrap money...lol

Posted Images

11 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Good call that....roof and floor rusting but a new roof and marine ply floor would do it eh

Yeah mate.Wr normally run a 5x2 the full length down one side and a 2x2 down the other.Pull a line between them and space a 4x2 and a 3x2 acordingly.Fix them with tech screws from the inside.Then just fix whatever roof sheets yo have to the timbers leaving a nice 150mm overhang both sides

• Like 3

Fella Im working for atm has branched out into doing these ground screws atm.I was a bit sceptical at first but the more Ive seen them used and been doing them with him the more Ive seen the advantages.This job we also built the frame and plyed it for a big garden building to go on but weve done them for big decking areas and done a lot for people to sit containers on.They save loads of muckaway and are great if you have shit acces for getting concrete etc in.Just carry however many screws in that are needed and the drill.All your marking out gear and levels and away you go.

IMG-20240108-WA0003.jpg

• Like 1
11 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Good call that....roof and floor rusting but a new roof and marine ply floor would do it eh

Sit the floor on breeze block pads ,stop it rotting out again so quick,and box profile sheets over the roof...get some guttering on it,and use  storage containers to collect the run off ...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Sit the floor on breeze block pads ,stop it rotting out again so quick,and box profile sheets over the roof...get some guttering on it,and use  storage containers to collect the run off ...

All time and money though isn't it 

I reckon you'd get a few quod for them even with a couple of holes in the roof mate, if your not up for doing them up someone else will be...probably get more than you will for scrap if you advertise them

10 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I reckon you'd get a few quod for them even with a couple of holes in the roof mate, if your not up for doing them up someone else will be...probably get more than you will for scrap if you advertise them

Could possibly sell one and use the money to do the other up. We have 2 massive pens and 7 sheds all needing doing up this next season as well. 

Time and money. Both run out sharpish 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Could possibly sell one and use the money to do the other up. We have 2 massive pens and 7 sheds all needing doing up this next season as well. 

Time and money. Both run out sharpish 

Corrugated metal sheets aren't too expensive.  I did my caravan roof with green ones. Iirc I paid £20 each , for 10' x 3'7" sheets . The box profile sheets were much cheaper. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Everything in life worth having takes time (effort) or money or both old chap.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, mel b said:

Corrugated metal sheets aren't too expensive.  I did my caravan roof with green ones. Iirc I paid £20 each , for 10' x 3'7" sheets . The box profile sheets were much cheaper. 

more 40 quid here i did me she’d out them in grey 3.6x2.5 meter a lot cheaper then the plastic cladding lol

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

more 40 quid here i did me she’d out them in grey 3.6x2.5 meter a lot cheaper then the plastic cladding lol

We stumbled across a really cheap company on ebay , that were only a mile from my house . They're a bit of a pain to deal with , but worth the effort for the cost saving.

I did the roof on my wife's workshop , and when we went there to collect the sheets, he'd got some 10' x 3'7' sheets left over from a job , and I'm sure that I only paid about £15.00 each for them . He even threw in a couple for free. He also had ,grey , box profile sheets , that were left over , and I think that they were about a tenner. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

These are the ones I used on my Mrs workshop.  A very easy , quick , and relatively cheap fix 👍.

IMG-20240109-WA0016.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Half a day each container,if your on your own I'd say...cut out the old rotten floor..60/70mm of concrete,and set your first  breeze block in the corner nice and level,strung a line up,then repeat every 800/900...cut timber bearers, noggins every 600,then board with marine ply and some sort of preservative diesel/oil mix creosote etc😁

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Half a day each container,if your on your own I'd say...cut out the old rotten floor..60/70mm of concrete,and set your first  breeze block in the corner nice and level,strung a line up,then repeat every 800/900...cut timber bearers, noggins every 600,then board with marine ply and some sort of preservative diesel/oil mix creosote etc😁

That's for a super builder like yourself 👍

Have a ride up this summer in the camper.....we can have an evening on the Ribble

PXL_20230808_181100923.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Is that 3.6m long x 2.5m wide?

• Like 1