Camper conversion......

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I will be doing the last 2 turkeys this weekend for the chest freezer and pigs will be going in the next couple of weeks so now I'm down to just easy chickens I needed summat else to give me too

A sprinter conversation my boss did for himself,ย  really nice ๐Ÿ‘ย 

Also wifey and I use to camp in a old Toyota and use this tent porch for extra space and a cooking area. I've used it a few time when I camped in the X-Trail on the fishing comp.

Posted Images

My next door neighbours bought a lwb boxer van 3 months ago..put in windows, insulation power etc...when lost interest...will be up for sale soon like everything else they buy๐Ÿ™„be a nice van for someone to make 'their' own.... I'll put it up on here when its for sale๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Cracking little van that one of yours mate๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ‘

Suits us for the time being mate, your van is a proper live aboard a lot more comfortable than a pop top transporter ๐Ÿ‘

one thing to remember is DVLA is now (and has been for a while) being arsie about reregistering vans as campers unless it`s done from new, so if you use one of the larger vans it`ll stay as a class 7 van for testing (all campers come under class 4 regs)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

My next door neighbours bought a lwb boxer van 3 months ago..put in windows, insulation power etc...when lost interest...will be up for sale soon like everything else they buy๐Ÿ™„be a nice van for someone to make 'their' own.... I'll put it up on here when its for sale๐Ÿ‘

COVID lockdown saw loads of people trying to convert vans, pushed van prices up and I see plenty of part finished ones on marketplace etc. I get the appeal but I'd rather spend the money on staying in a hostel/hotel or Airbnb in a bed , and have a comfier vehicle to explore in or more economical. But always good to have a project.. camper vans have definitely had a boom time in the last few years , companies even renting out privately owned ones. Has the bubble burst , what's the next big thing in regards to getaways and holidays?ย 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Borr said:

COVID lockdown saw loads of people trying to convert vans, pushed van prices up and I see plenty of part finished ones on marketplace etc. I get the appeal but I'd rather spend the money on staying in a hostel/hotel or Airbnb in a bed , and have a comfier vehicle to explore in or more economical. But always good to have a project.. camper vans have definitely had a boom time in the last few years , companies even renting out privately owned ones. Has the bubble burst , what's the next big thing in regards to getaways and holidays?ย 

I don't think so mate..the problem ,that I see/hear about is people who decide they want to live in one full time....they not smart enough to move around and not f**k the locals off๐Ÿ˜‰...lots of places you could stay for free few yrs back have been blown....gates and barriers go up and they stop the decent folks using it then...like anything,great at the start...more people find out...they fck it for everyone else..just like the hunting game๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

Vdub City this morning nice to turn up put kettle on bacon sarnie dog walk along beach. Caught up with friends met few anoraks was showed meย a powerbank thing that runs 240v and charges off solar and when driving it charges up. 2kw of power apparentlyย 

IMG-20240107-WA0003.jpg.d9edc642945e9e175b7e22e20b5cc6f5.jpg

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ryaldinhio said:

20240217_152916.jpg

20240217_161914.jpg

20240217_160538.jpg

20240217_161943.jpg

A wee tip , if you ever think you might want a towbar fitted , get it done before you do any inside work as there's nothing worse than trying to do one after the conversation has been doneย 

• Like 1