Camper conversion......

I think campers are grate only problem with the swb conversions is if there’s more than one of you an the vehicle needs to be used for more than just a camper like picking items/stuff up there waisted economy your better off just keeping them a box van an using blow up beds in them an using plastic storage bins for camping stuff instead off rock an roll beds and having fixed units that take up all the space 

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I will be doing the last 2 turkeys this weekend for the chest freezer and pigs will be going in the next couple of weeks so now I'm down to just easy chickens I needed summat else to give me too

A sprinter conversation my boss did for himself,  really nice 👍 

Also wifey and I use to camp in a old Toyota and use this tent porch for extra space and a cooking area. I've used it a few time when I camped in the X-Trail on the fishing comp.

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Bought one recently, real nice to own. I found if you can keep the height below 2.1m then you have access to a lot more carparks etc. Screenshot_20231104-121625_eBay.jpg.2bc71cd678adaa30f64caade0baf7d6b.jpg

100% in the height, gives you more options 

5 minutes ago, Wxm said:

100% in the height, gives you more options 

Yes mate although you don't have as much space and luxury as a coachbuilt van.

If I was going to travel Europe I would definitely go for a coach build type . 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Thanks guys. Me and the misus def wanna bugger off in a van for a bit once the little uns have flown the nest but that's a fair way off just yet with youngest being 7

Bloody hell mate... If there anything like my 2 lads you've got another 20 yrs yet... Atleast... lol

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, Arry said:

Also wifey and I use to camp in a old Toyota and use this tent porch for extra space and a cooking area.

P1180145.jpg.75ad1be89b17c7f67b79bc89388bfb13.jpg

2128745363_PICT0003.JPG(2).jpg.bb2af5dbba0c94fe32ce0094a83b0606.jpg

I've used it a few time when I camped in the X-Trail on the fishing comp.

IMG_2305.JPG.ee1721ad6a2118a3dd1b7856e8ed6a4b.JPG

Cheers Arry

Cracking shelter that Arry...kept us all dry👍

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kanny said:

A sprinter conversation my boss did for himself,  really nice 👍 

20190902_081759.jpg

My mate got the merc adventure ( garage at the rear for the moto x bikes.,when its empty you can get a double air bed in the back,kids sleep in the main part of the van.. the front seats rotate around,press a button and electronic blinds come down the windscreen and front windows, playstation 5 and Tv,shower and toilet room..bought it after someone crashed into the side of it...then repaired it...owes him 22 k...they 3 x that new🙈👍DSC_0613.JPG.e21fdb918099bb539fa83fcfb823c7e7.JPGDSC_0612.JPG.9e39ef421c747f6777248d6337ad7d4d.JPGDSC_0611.JPG.99442eb87d86a68cde54e9e3799c7b5d.JPG

• Like 1

looks great crac DC.

had caravans for years but always fancied of van conversion/camper. ease of up and off to new ground will be big advantage over a caravan.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, poxon said:

I think campers are grate only problem with the swb conversions is if there’s more than one of you an the vehicle needs to be used for more than just a camper like picking items/stuff up there waisted economy your better off just keeping them a box van an using blow up beds in them an using plastic storage bins for camping stuff instead off rock an roll beds and having fixed units that take up all the space 

Exaxtly that mate.Unless you are realistically gunna use a camper as a camper for 6 months of the year they are wasted and who really needs a fixed cooker/sink/fridge.Thats why im gumma put the monet into insulating/soundproofing /lining mine and a really good electrical system and awning and everythingvelse will be removable so I can still use it as a van.Im only gunna use it for camping when the weathers nice anyway so would rather be sst out cooking etc under an awning anyway so will just have a sofa bed in the back for sleeping

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My mate got the merc adventure ( garage at the rear for the moto x bikes.,when its empty you can get a double air bed in the back,kids sleep in the main part of the van.. the front seats rotate around,press a button and electronic blinds come down the windscreen and front windows, playstation 5 and Tv,shower and toilet room..bought it after someone crashed into the side of it...then repaired it...owes him 22 k...they 3 x that new🙈👍DSC_0613.JPG.e21fdb918099bb539fa83fcfb823c7e7.JPGDSC_0612.JPG.9e39ef421c747f6777248d6337ad7d4d.JPGDSC_0611.JPG.99442eb87d86a68cde54e9e3799c7b5d.JPG

Nice touch 👌 

28 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

We go away most weekends,even if its just down to a beach for the night...all my mates have vans/motorhomes..good craic👍DSC_2507.JPG.b551437a439eca54becc8f3464558e48.JPGDSC_2506.JPG.105fecba790491121184a261ab2583a5.JPG

Off to coast tomorrow morning for breakfast meet up 👍

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Cracking shelter that Arry...kept us all dry👍

We did all cram in on that wet day. Good laugh though.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, antg said:

looks great crac DC.

had caravans for years but always fancied of van conversion/camper. ease of up and off to new ground will be big advantage over a caravan.

Caravans are great but cost you loads to store them when not in use if you dont have a driveway/yard mate,ive had 4/5 of them over the yrs...ground rent on the sites is  ridiculous...my van will go 5 days without an electric hook up....so we can go/stay anywhere it fits really,sleeps 6 easy without the awning up,gas central heating,power shower in the bathroom,tv and fire stick,usb points so the 4 kids can charge their shit🙄.. proper little home from home...ideal for when I invite guests to fish on the wye etc👍 shes old...but gold,best 12 k ive ever spent, getting it reupholstered next few months and aircon unit fitted so we can hit france/Spain for some fishing👌 DSC_4613.JPG.6b2f467928ad2b64402eedd98acb7a99.JPG

• Like 5