Ghislaine Maxwell.

59 now, and never flown a kite in my life.

But all the other stuff, conkers, tickling trout, bird nesting, hedge hopping, rat tat ginger and a dozen other things, that we all did very regularly.

As has been mentioned, kids these days, seem absolutely clueless, and what's worse, is the fact that they don't even realise it, or when you try explaining what we did, you get 'well that's pointless.'

Does my head in.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went for a meal with my Lad his Wife, his Wife parents and my Wife. Come paying time we decided the three couples would pay separately. They took out their phones I took out cash f**k me did they ta

Got my mum to send me a picture of me and my boy flying kites on the local common. My mum took the picture on her phone and don't think she could have got a better shot 

The internet/social media platforms are a  f***ing poison,does more harm than good imo.... especially if your a kid/teenager today...theres no escaping the bullies and spineless little maggots that hi

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

But all the other stuff, conkers, tickling trout, bird nesting, hedge hopping, rat tat ginger and a dozen other things, that we all did very regularly.

As has been mentioned, kids these days, seem absolutely clueless, and what's worse, is the fact that they don't even realise it, or when you try explaining what we did, you get 'well that's pointless.'

Does my head in.

Conkers is banned now. 

and rightly so what a dangerous activity.

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Does my head in.

Never to old to fly a kite mate..

12 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Conkers is banned now. 

and rightly so what a dangerous activity.

😐

Seriously?

Just checked, mate.

Some ndividual schools decision, not law. 👍

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Will probably get one pretty soon, for our youngest, we can both have a crack at it lol 👍

I had a go a friends stunt kite  years and years ago and it's so much fun . 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Will probably get one pretty soon, for our youngest, we can both have a crack at it lol 👍

I used to change the line for strong fishing line mate..much longer..get it bought 👍

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ditchman said:

remember the "peter powell stunt kite".....

Still got one of them Blue kites.

Also bought a Beamer Kite got some pull on that.

My lad and me holding his feet for bit of fun and him getting towed down the beach at Slapton sands.

20 years ago now.

2064524014_2004_0906AdeholdingStevesfeet.JPG.1297049b59c2e2db34b83c56729fa642.JPG

1728660019_2004_0906Steveandfurrows.JPG.be4baabe7d495883170168d2461f51e5.JPG

1391209197_2004_0906Stevelyingbackwithkite.JPG.46ef1917e026293a699eb6eaa48feee0.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Arry said:

Still got one of them Blue kites.

Also bought a Beamer Kite got some pull on that.

My lad and me holding his feet for bit of fun and him getting towed down the beach at Slapton sands.

20 years ago now.

2064524014_2004_0906AdeholdingStevesfeet.JPG.1297049b59c2e2db34b83c56729fa642.JPG

1728660019_2004_0906Steveandfurrows.JPG.be4baabe7d495883170168d2461f51e5.JPG

1391209197_2004_0906Stevelyingbackwithkite.JPG.46ef1917e026293a699eb6eaa48feee0.JPG

Cheers Arry

That's got some power in it mate..

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Does my head in.

Does my head in aswell but I cant lay all the blame on them . Its the generations before them that have stopped it filtering down to them . I was very lucky my dad was game for anything fun wise. When were out walking as a family if me or my brother wanted to climb a tree he would shimmy up it first and kick any dead branches off and point out wedged in branches for us to stick our feet in  .  When I had mates round and we wanted to shoot his 177 pistol he would get some plastic milk cartons out of the bin , fill them with water and red food colouring and get us to stick posters of footballers we don't like on them . I can still see him in my minds eye sitting there with his roll ups laughing as Dennis Bergkamp gets shot in the crotch. But their was a vast majority of parents around here that wouldn't be like that for a second . 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Always been a bit of a kite fan me. 

Will get one for my lad.

I'll Google it now and order one 🤣

2 in the boot of the wife's car at all times, never know when or where you'll hit on the perfect breeze. Lol. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Got my mum to send me a picture of me and my boy flying kites on the local common. My mum took the picture on her phone and don't think she could have got a better shot IMG-20240110-WA0011.jpg.5ea8cbfe7a472213e33b0ce865074cfe.jpg

Bloody hell mate..you look about 6.5ft tall