Christmas in the sun.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent Christmas in Gran Canaria.  Reflections. The people here enjoy the best climate in the world. Always between 18 and 26c degrees. They still have huge extended family gatherings in rest

Chatting with the Mrs,and decided that we will be going to Tenerife for next Xmas,and not have to lift a finger.....kids can have money and blow it in the January sales when we get back ...Im sick of

Yep, when you visit these places you realise we are living like pigs half the time mate.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Spent Christmas in Gran Canaria. 

Reflections. The people here enjoy the best climate in the world. Always between 18 and 26c degrees.

They still have huge extended family gatherings in restaurants, babies and ga_ ga geriatrics included.

The waiters here, kiss children, especially  the handicapped. Couple of kids, one with severe autism, and one with Downes are treated like royalty in my hotel. It's not a show. Its part of their culture. Brilliant imo.

The young teenagers gather in large groups and enjoy food and wine. At their age. my generation used to get legless, aggressive and wake up with a black eye and a hangover. Being loud, anti social and obnoxious was part of a weekend's, letting_ it_ all_ hang _out, binge. These kids aren't angry like we were.

A couple of teenagers offered to give up their seats to me and the Mrs when we were on a crowded bus. I felt a bit pissed off tbh. Lol . We don't feel old and we declined. But it's nice that old fogies are  genuinely respected.

They have a first class health and social security system here, as well as pensions which makes us all Oliver Twists in the UK.

Oh well, back to chilly, rain sodden jock land tomorrow. And a government which appears to hate us and wishes Covid's grim reaper hadn't dealt with us all. Lol.

You sound refreshed,decent food,sun,and a relaxed environment,glad you enjoyed the break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Reflections. The people here enjoy the best climate in the world. Always between 18 and 26c degrees.

They still have huge extended family gatherings in restaurants, babies and ga_ ga geriatrics included.

The waiters here, kiss children, especially  the handicapped. Couple of kids, one with severe autism, and one with Downes are treated like royalty in my hotel. It's not a show. Its part of their culture. Brilliant imo.

The young teenagers gather in large groups and enjoy food and wine. At their age. my generation used to get legless, aggressive and wake up with a black eye and a hangover. Being loud, anti social and obnoxious was part of a weekend's, letting_ it_ all_ hang _out, binge. These kids aren't angry like we were.

A couple of teenagers offered to give up their seats to me and the Mrs when we were on a crowded bus. I felt a bit pissed off tbh. Lol . We don't feel old and we declined. But it's nice that old fogies are  genuinely respected.

They have a first class health and social security system here, as well as pensions which makes us all Oliver Twists in the UK.

Oh well, back to chilly, rain sodden jock land tomorrow. And a government which appears to hate us and wishes Covid's grim reaper hadn't dealt with us all. Lol.

Yep, when you visit these places you realise we are living like pigs half the time mate.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, mackem said:

You sound refreshed,decent food,sun,and a relaxed environment,glad you enjoyed the break.

Yes,really enjoyed it. Took a trip to the botanical garden where there are giant Canarian lizards and an amazing array of tropical flowers and trees. Also went to a marine park with fish,amphibians,reptiles and species of plants and trees from all over the world.

Brilliant days out.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Yes,really enjoyed it. Took a trip to the botanical garden where there are giant Canarian lizards and an amazing array of tropical flowers and trees. Also went to a marine park with fish,amphibians,reptiles and species of plants and trees from all over the world.

Brilliant days out.

Sounds like my sort of ideal day,I am currently sitting on a plane,short flight to Toronto then NYE in NYC.

F47421B5-36CF-4AF4-AE97-BB5AE5BD86D1.jpeg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Sounds great 👍 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Few empty seats there Mack. They must have got wind you were coming.

I went to Geneva back in march or April from Heathrow,maybe 10 people in total on the flight,on the way back about the same,Geneva was empty.

BE0DB78B-C59D-4CCA-BD50-CDCF5DE47892.jpeg

99226330-60D6-4975-B253-BF4ACABC8DEC.jpeg

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Glad you enjoyed it mate week before Christmas I spent a week in Costa Teguise in Lanzarote as you say decent climate and people just getting on with enjoying life, it was even warm enough for a swim in the sea you’ve just got to get away from this place sometimes it drags you down with the shit weather and never ending bad news in the media.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Brilliant days out.

Did you do any fishing mate. The highlight of my holiday there years ago was a visit to the zoo their. Sorry mate i thought you had been to Tenereif.

Edited by tatsblisters
Wrong place.
Just now, tatsblisters said:

Did you do any fishing mate. The highlight of my holiday there years ago was a visit to the zoo their.

I've tried it in the past but always get sea sick.  The weather was really windy and the water choppy.  So swerved it. There's charter boats that will take you Marlin fishing for fifty euros for half a day. Its a good day and somebody generally catches something.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

We are off to Tenerife next month. Knowing my luck it will pisss down for the week 

Did you get the thunder and hail last night? It was a weird one that and there was nothing on the weather about it.