Consistently low numbers of rabbits this year

24 minutes ago, Luckee legs said:

It's difficult to be certain with RHD because the numbers just collapse and you don't see carcasses but I feel it's the main problem. I have in the past ferreted and shot on one farm and numbers always bounced back

Definitely RHD ..we used to ferret and shoot a farm all year round in the Borders taking thousands but the next year you would think we hadn't even been they always bounced back.

• Like 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm quite fortunate got a couple nice pieces of land that hold good numbers of rabbit, and I only take them with lurchers and ferrets and never feel the need for to play the numbers game

No never, no when your getting specimens like this

One thing rabbits just cannot handle, is the wet AND the cold,...combined...... They can take one or the other,...but continuous soaking, day in, day out,...never being able to get dry and warm,.

Posted Images

I'm quite fortunate got a couple nice pieces of land that hold good numbers of rabbit, and I only take them with lurchers and ferrets and never feel the need for to play the numbers game

Screenshot_20231228_183338_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231228_183416_Gallery.jpg

20230129_145957.jpg

Edited by brambles
  • Like 13
9 hours ago, brambles said:

Screenshot_20231228_183338_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231228_183416_Gallery.jpg

20230129_145957.jpg

What sort of sandwiches shall I bring 🤔 

11 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Definitely RHD ..we used to ferret and shoot a farm all year round in the Borders taking thousands but the next year you would think we hadn't even been they always bounced back.

Farm near me I walked over the other day not a rabbit to be seen 15 years ago study by Edinburgh uni estimated 1 million rabbits 

bushing with a terrier and a whippet pointless here now there’s more roe than there is anything else so much so that there a pain in the arse 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, brambles said:

No never, no when your getting specimens like this

IMG-20230730-WA0005.jpg

Nice salmon mate. You see the redness near the vent? It's a parasite which reduces fertility. It's not advisable to eat the flesh until its been deep frozen. 

Yet another problem for the species.

Cracking fish despite the vent infection...looks in good nick. Lots of salmon now look thin. Not enough feeding for them.

Take a big dog ferret to bolt that baby?

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Nice salmon mate. You see the redness near the vent? It's a parasite which reduces fertility. It's not advisable to eat the flesh until its been deep frozen. 

Yet another problem for the species.

Cracking fish despite the vent infection...looks in good nick. Lots of salmon now look thin. Not enough feeding for them.

Take a big dog ferret to bolt that baby?

Nah its bin bummed