Yemen and the Red Sea

So the Houthi's are lobbing drones and ballistic missiles at commercial vessels transiting the red sea off Yemen. Western warships are now launching million quid missiles to intercept but can't be everywhere at once and that game gets expensive. Some companies are refusing to transit the Suez/red sea which will drive inflation.

A short sharp intervention might be just what the Tories need. :laugh:

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing we can send British navy into action in the red sea but they can't patrol our southern border 

I don’t mean this as a dig at anyone, it’s a genuine thought so here gos….. Actually, who gives a f**k or why do we give a f**k ?……. The U.K. is absolutely f****d, as in f****d !……I was talk

Tax has never been higher, car insurance has doubled as far as I can tell. They're getting more than their pound of flesh whilst we live in austerity swamped with illegal migrants....an underfunded so

Posted Images

Just now, WILF said:

Anything that involves rinsing more Arabs is fine by me.

There's only so long the West will sit by playing defence with such a weak aggressor. Striking the Houthi infrastructure directly would be ideal for the UK carriers given their current limitations and the requirements of that job.

However, this is an escalation of the Gaza/Iran situations. What with rising tensions with Russia and China it seems the world is getting more and more unstable. Not a time when you want a weak economy and the impact on shipping from this will only hurt ours further.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

There's only so long the West will sit by playing defence with such a weak aggressor. Striking the Houthi infrastructure directly would be ideal for the UK carriers given their current limitations and the requirements of that job.

However, this is an escalation of the Gaza/Iran situations. What with rising tensions with Russia and China it seems the world is getting more and more unstable. Not a time when you want a weak economy and the impact on shipping from this will only hurt ours further.

Yep. It seems world tensions are hotting up. What with international aggro and my advanced age, I have decided not to buy any green bananas.

• Haha 3
32 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I have absolutely no doubt a war is coming, there are way too many similarities with history leading up to previous wars……..and don’t think that by that rather bland comment I’m blasé about it, I’m not, I’m devastated if I’m honest because I have kids etc but insanity is in charge in so many areas of our lives that I’m resigned to it all going badly wrong. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Amazing we can send British navy into action in the red sea but they can't patrol our southern border 

It’s not the patrolling that’s difficult, it’s what you want them to do while on patrol. :laugh:

If the migrants boat were fitted out with ballistic missiles targeting ships in the channel then it would all be very straight forward. 

There’s no real political will or appetite for targeting the channel boats,otherwise something would have been done,numbers just keep rising,no one’s deported,Sunak is talking tough as an election is on the horizon but offering no solutions,nothing will happen,boat numbers will rise in 2024 (Nostradamus type prediction,take it to the bank).

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, mackem said:

There’s no real political will or appetite for targeting the channel boats,otherwise something would have been done,numbers just keep rising,no one’s deported,Sunak is talking tough as an election is on the horizon but offering no solutions,nothing will happen,boat numbers will rise in 2024 (Nostradamus type prediction,take it to the bank).

There’s no real easy options. To do anything more than is already being done would turn the world against the UK. I have absolutely no doubt that 99% calling for the RN to bomb the migrants would regret it once we were economically destroyed by sanctions.

Maybe there’s a grey area we can exploit like the Rwanda concept. But that’s about as good as we can expect.

Bombing Yemen is politically and legally easy in comparison. And of course economically low risk. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

There’s no real easy options. To do anything more than is already being done would turn the world against the UK. I have absolutely no doubt that 99% calling for the RN to bomb the migrants would regret it once we were economically destroyed by sanctions.

Maybe there’s a grey area we can exploit like the Rwanda concept. But that’s about as good as we can expect.

Bombing Yemen is politically and legally easy in comparison. And of course economically low risk. 

Prevent benefits/NHS/housing being claimed for 5 years...

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Borr said:

10 years,lots on social media showing TikTok vids crossing the channel,I am willing to bet the vast majority fleeing war and persecution (in France??) are economic migrants.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Bombing Yemen would achieve nothing, In the same way invading Afghanistan achieved nothing. I am afraid to say this but in my view, History is just repeating itself. It is easy to stop the Boats if that's what our elite wanted,  Most of Europe wants to stop them. 

22 minutes ago, Borr said:

Tell that to the UN/BRICS/G6 etc when we’re being leathered for dropping munitions on Calais beach! :laugh:

Im not saying I agree but it’s not hard to see the reasons why by the RN aren’t active in the channel.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, paulus said:

Bombing Yemen would achieve nothing, In the same way invading Afghanistan achieved nothing. I am afraid to say this but in my view, History is just repeating itself. It is easy to stop the Boats if that's what our elite wanted,  Most of Europe wants to stop them. 

Maybe it wouldn’t, point is it’d be less costly than bombing a migrant boat.