Hard hitting wheaton lurcher

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some dogs are just not destined to make old bones

I hate to break it to you mate. But one day your dog will kill itself. Big, fast, driven dogs that are good…. That’s what happens. We’ve buried three good dogs last three seasons. Also had one retire

greb taking the piss and lads are answering lol 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, shaaark said:

Sort of agree with you there.

All my young lurchers, very rarely ran rabbits as youngsters. 

Just weren't enough around.  And that was 40 years ago.

When someone spots a few rabbits in the Valleys..the word spreads.. and they get wiped out by the masses...same story for the foxes...you get out in the snow...and theres 20 sets of boot marks around every earth,where they been running a terrier through them🙄..too many dog lads in every village...you want sport for your dogs,then you travel...closest place for a few rabbits to run or bigger edibles ....is out past Monmouth way or over the bridge...been like it all my 44 yrs on this planet...if you have terriers and dig, there's plenty to go at in Wales....thats if some other cnut aint gone on there behind your back first... know lads cheeky enough to travel to your permissions in England and drop your name to get on for the day😔...not met many over the yrs who wouldn't do it to you👍

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

When someone spots a few rabbits in the Valleys..the word spreads.. and they get wiped out by the masses...same story for the foxes...you get out in the snow...and theres 20 sets of boot marks around every earth,where they been running a terrier through them🙄..too many dog lads in every village...you want sport for your dogs,then you travel...closest place for a few rabbits to run or bigger edibles ....is out past Monmouth way or over the bridge...been like it all my 44 yrs on this planet...if you have terriers and dig, there's plenty to go at in Wales....thats if some other cnut aint gone on there behind your back first... know lads cheeky enough to travel to your permissions in England and drop your name to get on for the day😔...not met many over the yrs who wouldn't do it to you👍

Same story up here in Cumbria Daniel,every word you wrote there I can resonate with,a few rabbits appear locally each spring/summer & word spreads fast & every fecking idiot is out lamping them or ferreting them even shooting them, come winter there are no rabbits to be seen nor the summer hunters either. It's always been the same around here,loads of lurchers,whippets & terriers,I could count on one hand the people that do anything with them,the only ones that do have travel to work their dog's the rest of them you will bump into at the shows saying how there's nothing around them & they ain't got the time to travel yet the cnuts will travel hundreds of miles to show their dog's,drives my fooking insane I tell you.. quite simply if you want to own working dog's up here be prepared to put in the miles in your motor because there's fook all around here in the main because idiot's can't & won't let things breed be that rabbits,hares,deer foxes etc because of summer hunters with both dogs & guns.

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Even worse now with lads from over the border accessing some parts of Wales

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bakerboy said:

Even worse now with lads from over the border accessing some parts of Wales

See plod sat on the borders... stopping any motors that aint registered locally...know a few lads have lost their dogs and firearms 😔dont matter how far out in the sticks you go... you still got to run the gauntlet and get home to sort your dogs😬

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

See plod sat on the borders... stopping any motors that aint registered locally...know a few lads have lost their dogs and firearms 😔dont matter how far out in the sticks you go... you still got to run the gauntlet and get home to sort your dogs😬

Worse part of the game for the likes of us is getting home

• Like 4

I suppose Ive always been lucky enough to have plenty of rabbits to go at with the lurchers local to me as well as bigger quarry.Dont think Id bother with a lurcher if there wasn't as I always knew I could get a dozen runs on a walk out with the lamp to keep them fit even if I didnt see anything bigger to run.Numbers did drop off a bit for a few years but seems to be plenty about again atm although my daughters dachshund did catch a myxi one in a hedgerow yesterday on when I had them out for their morning walk before work so I dunno if that gunna affect them.You dont normally see myxi this late In the year around here.

On 16/12/2023 at 15:52, Black neck said:

I was 2 travel to the valleeeys 2 pick up a bitch few year back but the lad was kind enough to meet me just outside lest I should be hacked 2 pieces and eaten by the natives butt see

Strensham is a favourite spot to meet butt 

• Haha 1