Ferreting posts

Flacko

Hardly any rabbits still getting a few nothing like years ago , I have sat with 12 ferrets and all the gear waiting on them bouncing back after 2 years its no going to happen here , My ferrets are getting older do i breed them and hope the humble rabbit comes back or sell up and enjoy the cash ?>

After about 10 years here it's starting to look like there's a couple of rabbits in a few places so I'll be leaving them few alone to hopefully breed in spring.  There's less stoats around so if disease and nv wankers leave them be too we might be able to get back out again like we used to. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, neil b said:

We have been doing abitIMG_8432.jpeg.c9aa4f1dc4defbb2222c25b716567804.jpegIMG_8392.jpeg.fcdec1241c01864c7aebe3b4455bed4d.jpegIMG_8459.png.b7940f8de980aa3829da2a50ceb8fd4e.pngusing les Nelson gear this season, the quality is unreal, yielding great results.

Well done Neil.. good bags there mate. I'm up Yorkshire for the weekend next weekend so hopefully I'll have similar numbers 🙏🤣. Atb Adam 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, neil b said:

We have been doing abitIMG_8432.jpeg.c9aa4f1dc4defbb2222c25b716567804.jpegIMG_8392.jpeg.fcdec1241c01864c7aebe3b4455bed4d.jpegIMG_8459.png.b7940f8de980aa3829da2a50ceb8fd4e.pngusing les Nelson gear this season, the quality is unreal, yielding great results.

Well done there Neal I've never seen numbers like that down here. Ten would be good for us twenty very good and only once been over thirty in my life and I'm an old f****r Lol.

Neal if you don't mind could you put up a picture of your Nelson long net basket. I have two of his of different sizes but I think he may have change the design and I would be interested. As you say his stuff is very good and a gent to deal with.

Cheers Arry

Went from 6 jills 2 hobs 2 seasons back,to just the 1 hob and oldest jill now,got a few around me,but you got to work to get them...one thing ive learnt over the yrs...is never to sell off any of your kit...things pick back up and it costs you double to buy it back each time 🙈 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Went from 6 jills 2 hobs 2 seasons back,to just the 1 hob and oldest jill now,got a few around me,but you got to work to get them...one thing ive learnt over the yrs...is never to sell off any of your kit...things pick back up and it costs you double to buy it back each time 🙈 

couldn't agree more, I am down to one old Jill now, will hopefully breed from her in the spring if she is up to it or buy 2 young uns. not much to go at but things can change and when you have good marking dogs you are always in with a chance of a rabbit 🐇

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Arry said:

Well done there Neal I've never seen numbers like that down here. Ten would be good for us twenty very good and only once been over thirty in my life and I'm an old f****r Lol.

Neal if you don't mind could you put up a picture of your Nelson long net basket. I have two of his of different sizes but I think he may have change the design and I would be interested. As you say his stuff is very good and a gent to deal with.

Cheers Arry

Les has tweaked the design slightly for the better I may add, I get you some pics of his new design 

• Thanks 1
Just now, neil b said:

Les has tweaked the design slightly for the better I may add, I get you some pics of his new design 

I have a Large one of his that hold two fifty's pan another of his that holes a 75 yard one that I made up. I would like to see a new design.

Cheers Arry