Alsation lurchers

Anyone still run these I remember an old friend having a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 alsation that was deadly on fox on hares but we waw teenagers n not driving at the time so local ground but very keen and the lad was never in this bitch genuinely took alot of gear especially foxes, not the best of feet if I remember but with all that greyhound it happens but still she worked until an old dog I think..

• Like 3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fawn bitch my old mates first x gsd . Decent all rounder 

yeh mate, still got me old dog, he 11  now,  and he 1x gsd x grey , good feet, coat, good pace, good wind . not going say he any better than any other lurcherxs , there plenty of lads got lurcher x lu

I think  was on here as Germhound many years ago . I've ended up in NZ, been here 16 yrs , I brought 1st x gsd grey with me called Zappa he lasted untill he was 13 ,  put him to a greyhound and k

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dodger said:

Anyone still run these I remember an old friend having a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 alsation that was deadly on fox on hares but we waw teenagers n not driving at the time so local ground but very keen and the lad was never in this bitch genuinely took alot of gear especially foxes, not the best of feet if I remember but with all that greyhound it happens but still she worked until an old dog I think..

yeh mate, still got me old dog, he 11  now,  and he 1x gsd x grey , good feet, coat, good pace, good wind . not going say he any better than any other lurcherxs , there plenty of lads got lurcher x lurcher dogs  doing  all our quarry in the UK . now its funny  you say about what be the best the 1/2 bred like my dog, or a 1/4 bred gsd. well just as lamping dog, he ticked all the boxes for me, he deff kept me freezer full, and killed few Charlie's . Being honest mate, i never went out just for one quarry at night, but what i liked  about him, was that   he chase his quarry go in a wood at night  get it ,   we lamp for another 1 hour, got few rabbits, got a Charlie , then went back next day to pick up what he caught, had some brill nights lamping with him, he had more agility, pace, stamina , than my 3 bullxs , so to me  the 1x gsd x grey  as lamping dog   got it.  i did think maybe  years ago if a coursing type dog x back to the gsd , prob  drop size down a bit, you still end up with 75 lb  animal bang on for any thing .  me and the dog are both old buggers now, but at least i finished  hunting with good dog . i always have lurcher round me, had them 37 years now,  even if just a pet, i like all types,  wouldn't mind another kelpie x again thats another good lamping dog.      Ray

• Like 10
10 hours ago, dodger said:

Sounds like you had some good times with home and he's left you with some lifetime memories that is a special dog indeed..

thanks mate, he deff done that, when hunting he was spot on, i would always get some  for freezer big or  rabbits . and yet as ive always said on here, his temp  his brill with people, my grand kids, dogs  friendly  with them, but fookin dogs, male dogs attack him, lot of bloody labs  try to kick off on, he old now like me, he dont want any trouble , he move off from them,  and yet he lock on to a 180lb fallow  , or kill  big dogfox no prob, ive never really  understood  him , the strength of him and jaw power, when younger he could have wreaked most dog  if had bitten them . ive had a fookin male dob goes for him all the while, they muzzled the twat, people must have complained , it fookin loose  ive had 3 goes at the bloke and women, i said it needs a fookin bullet , i norm have lock knife on me that i had doing rabbits over the years, i did think of jabbing fookin dob couple times, but i thought dont go down there , not worth  all the  hassle with cops etc, so go ot earlier to try miss these thick dick head with there pet dogs, i go out at night for quick 1/2 with lamp , nothing really by me no rabbits odd hare o r fox, but nice walk for old Buck, best time really , he just plods along unless he seen a fox, wouldn't catch now , but he comes to life  he sees one lol.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bird said:

thanks mate, he deff done that, when hunting he was spot on, i would always get some  for freezer big or  rabbits . and yet as ive always said on here, his temp  his brill with people, my grand kids, dogs  friendly  with them, but fookin dogs, male dogs attack him, lot of bloody labs  try to kick off on, he old now like me, he dont want any trouble , he move off from them,  and yet he lock on to a 180lb fallow  , or kill  big dogfox no prob, ive never really  understood  him , the strength of him and jaw power, when younger he could have wreaked most dog  if had bitten them . ive had a fookin male dob goes for him all the while, they muzzled the twat, people must have complained , it fookin loose  ive had 3 goes at the bloke and women, i said it needs a fookin bullet , i norm have lock knife on me that i had doing rabbits over the years, i did think of jabbing fookin dob couple times, but i thought dont go down there , not worth  all the  hassle with cops etc, so go ot earlier to try miss these thick dick head with there pet dogs, i go out at night for quick 1/2 with lamp , nothing really by me no rabbits odd hare o r fox, but nice walk for old Buck, best time really , he just plods along unless he seen a fox, wouldn't catch now , but he comes to life  he sees one lol.  

Always been interested in this cross, not a fox man myself but when you say about fallow was yours a good dog for bigger and smaller species of deer? How many did he have over his career? 

10 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Always been interested in this cross, not a fox man myself but when you say about fallow was yours a good dog for bigger and smaller species of deer? How many did he have over his career? 

Well, hard to say really, I went to lot of places, he had roe, cwd, fallow. Munjack.  What I got went in me freezer, it was great to somthing, more so if I had travled   6 hours  round trip, and come back   happy. As long as he caught something That's all that mater to me, not how many he caught. But where he really came into his own. Was going in cover day /night, he smash through any thick cover to get his quarry, he had few munjack in woods, that takes good dog to do that, his nose was brill finding them, I think got most pleasure, seeing him do that, coming out either dead munjack, or a fox, feck knows how did it, my  collie x grey Bryn, would never do it, he watch him, and wait if there was bolt from cover, day or night,  for big dog doing it was  brill to see deff. They make great mooching dogs as well, a lamping  dog. 👍

• Like 7
On 02/11/2023 at 01:02, bird said:

yeh mate, still got me old dog, he 11  now,  and he 1x gsd x grey , good feet, coat, good pace, good wind . not going say he any better than any other lurcherxs , there plenty of lads got lurcher x lurcher dogs  doing  all our quarry in the UK . now its funny  you say about what be the best the 1/2 bred like my dog, or a 1/4 bred gsd. well just as lamping dog, he ticked all the boxes for me, he deff kept me freezer full, and killed few Charlie's . Being honest mate, i never went out just for one quarry at night, but what i liked  about him, was that   he chase his quarry go in a wood at night  get it ,   we lamp for another 1 hour, got few rabbits, got a Charlie , then went back next day to pick up what he caught, had some brill nights lamping with him, he had more agility, pace, stamina , than my 3 bullxs , so to me  the 1x gsd x grey  as lamping dog   got it.  i did think maybe  years ago if a coursing type dog x back to the gsd , prob  drop size down a bit, you still end up with 75 lb  animal bang on for any thing .  me and the dog are both old buggers now, but at least i finished  hunting with good dog . i always have lurcher round me, had them 37 years now,  even if just a pet, i like all types,  wouldn't mind another kelpie x again thats another good lamping dog.      Ray

Was he bred out of an alsation bitch Ray or a greyhound bitch. A lad at work has an alsation bitch and he says its prey drive is through the roof i said to him get a good greyhound over her but he decided to get her spayed.

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Was he bred out of an alsation bitch Ray or a greyhound bitch. A lad at work has an alsation bitch and he says its prey drive is through the roof i said to him get a good greyhound over her but he decided to get her spayed.

Gsd/alsation bitch, greyhound sire, razzmatazz.

Only answering this in case bird doesn't see your post for a while.

If that's OK @bird?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Gsd/alsation bitch, greyhound sire, razzmatazz.

Only answering this in case bird doesn't see your post for a while.

If that's OK @bird?

Thanks mate, your spot on with what wrote. The dam was from Eastern European bred stuff, she go out in the day with the lads terriers and lurcher, a fit healthy bitch , nice straight back etc, good guard dog, but not over the top, a nice  nature, and  Razzmatazz, was big 28 in distance greyhound from Max stuff on here, he deff got good dogs in him. And regards the dam as the base blood =gsd, I think it put that bit more fire into to the litter, the dam 24 in, and razz 28in, we new the pups make 26 - 28in, Buck 28in, he deff was full on to his quarry, but like said, when not hunting, was very docile with people and dogs, great temp, prob not get  a temp  like him again. I never had dog like him in temp, they either nice temp, but not kill a fox, or bigger things, or do quarry, but bit sharp with people or dogs,  so he got it spot on, best temp really in me 37 years lamping these buggers lol

• Like 5
14 hours ago, bird said:

Well, hard to say really, I went to lot of places, he had roe, cwd, fallow. Munjack.  What I got went in me freezer, it was great to somthing, more so if I had travled   6 hours  round trip, and come back   happy. As long as he caught something That's all that mater to me, not how many he caught. But where he really came into his own. Was going in cover day /night, he smash through any thick cover to get his quarry, he had few munjack in woods, that takes good dog to do that, his nose was brill finding them, I think got most pleasure, seeing him do that, coming out either dead munjack, or a fox, feck knows how did it, my  collie x grey Bryn, would never do it, he watch him, and wait if there was bolt from cover, day or night,  for big dog doing it was  brill to see deff. They make great mooching dogs as well, a lamping  dog. 👍

He was a good dog buck. It was a shame to see him looking so old the other week.