Malinois cross lurchers

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loved my lad, he was up for a bit of sport👍

I've a Dutchie x Mali pup on now...just over 7 months. Hopefully she'll give me a bit of sport😏

if this works better, 'll post some more.

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Ratknacker said:

Dam about 24 this pup like 21 at 6months not seen sire but heard he pretty big but Iv got a bitch off the previous litter but to a deerhound cross and that like 26 

Sounds good, mate.

Looks a nice type anyway. 👍

• Like 1

I have worked lurchers for a long time , i have worked genuine collie greyhounds 1/2 and 3/4 breds, for 25 years or more .

In my honest opinion i have wasted 25 years .

I wish the malinois breed had been more accessible and bred with greyhounds or lurchers many years ago.  

The cross is not what you think ,hypo, aggressive and noisy all comment from folk who have not seen the cross  let alone owned the cross.

Until I owned the mali/grey i also would have had the same opinion. 

To be honest the TOTAL opposite is true ,i have found them to be laid back , intelligent ,very loyal   in my short time with the cross not a single issue has arisen.

As to their working ability .. " i have wasted 25 early years " but I have had fun. 

That is all i have to say . 

2023-03-05 12.56.28.jpg

2021-06-18 03.43.30.jpg

2022-12-10 12.35.04.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, runem said:

I have worked lurchers for a long time , i have worked genuine collie greyhounds 1/2 and 3/4 breds, for 25 years or more .

I wish the malinois breed had been more accessible and bred with greyhounds or lurchers many years ago.  

The cross is not what you think ,hypo, aggressive and noisy all comment from folk who have not seen the cross  let alone owned the cross.

To be honest the TOTAL opposite is true ,i have found them to be laid back , intelligent ,very loyal   in my short time with the cross not a single issue has arisen.

As to their working ability .. " i have wasted 25 early years " but I have had fun. 

2023-03-05 12.56.28.jpg

2021-06-18 03.43.30.jpg

2022-12-10 12.35.04.jpg

Mate, cut out all this 1st hand experience bollox, this is THL I'll have you know, we'll have none of that here😁

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, runem said:

2023-03-05 12.56.28.jpg

2021-06-18 03.43.30.jpg

2022-12-10 12.35.04.jpg

Not been around any mali/greyhounds but been around enough pure malis to see that most of them were either aggressive,noisy,hypo or a mixture of all 3.maybe the greyhound blood has a calling effect.I know somebody who crossed a mali/herder with a mastiff type and it seemed to have a calling effect on a couple of the offspring that Ive seen in the flesh