Opinions

I'm not against the lamp and im not saying iv never done it but i don't see the point in getting a dog bred for daytime coursing and predominantly using it on the lamp I'd rather use it In the day and go lamping with my dog thar is bred for that game..

• Like 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f***ing fruit loop🤣

If you looked after her & gave her a good life then you did her justice. Don’t listen to the story tellers and their tales of massive bags of quarry every outing. If you didn’t see it with your ow

Found the beddy/collie cross a very good cross for a bit of everything if you can get a good un bred from the right stuff there a handy cross to have about only problem is finding them not bred from s

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dodger said:

I'm not against the lamp and im not saying iv never done it but i don't see the point in getting a dog bred for daytime coursing and predominantly using it on the lamp I'd rather use it In the day and go lamping with my dog thar is bred for that game..

any good daytime dog makes lamping look easy mate 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Black neck said:

Smug b*****d 

Lol I didn't mean it to come across like that mate I just meant I'd prefer a young lad have a do with something thats not so much expected to do them or even lads go to places were it's no good for the day due to roads or whatever but although each to there own to go out and purchase a generation bred daytime dog and then lamp it on good land I don't see the point.

For me I'd have dogs for day time and a dog for the lamp it's two totally different things for me now yes ok maybe the odd look no harm.

In the past when I was stupid keen I would lamp n sometimes lamp all night n odd dog get a couple of races come dawn but I look at it differently now I'm older, plus I also think that if you do want a good daytime dog then lamping them a fair bit does spoil them for that in cover and changes there style to much for the day..

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, dodger said:

Lol I didn't mean it to come across like that mate I just meant I'd prefer a young lad have a do with something thats not so much expected to do them or even lads go to places were it's no good for the day due to roads or whatever but although each to there own to go out and purchase a generation bred daytime dog and then lamp it on good land I don't see the point.

For me I'd have dogs for day time and a dog for the lamp it's two totally different things for me now yes ok maybe the odd look no harm.

In the past when I was stupid keen I would lamp n sometimes lamp all night n odd dog get a couple of races come dawn but I look at it differently now I'm older, plus I also think that if you do want a good daytime dog then lamping them a fair bit does spoil them for that in cover and changes there style to much for the day..

Oh I agree them what lamp daytime dogs are complete dossers and hangings 2 good 4 um

6 hours ago, Black neck said:

Oh I agree them what lamp daytime dogs are complete dossers and hangings 2 good 4 um

If for example a decent collie x or whippet x went on to some good daytime land and managed a couple or then a daytime coursing bred dog went out on that land with the lamp and did 4 or 5 id be much more impressed with the first dog.

Jmo👍

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dodger said:

If for example a decent collie x or whippet x went on to some good daytime land and managed a couple or then a daytime coursing bred dog went out on that land with the lamp and did 4 or 5 id be much more impressed with the first dog.

Jmo👍

But what if either dog  ran off and never come back how would u feel then or bumped into something and spewed its ring up would u be less pissed off wi the collie or the slop donkey

• Haha 4
On 23/10/2023 at 22:12, Daniel cain said:

If I had my time again,then a genuine 1st x beddy/grey x 3/8 5/8 bull/grey would be my choice 👍

If I had my time again mine would probably be the same cross mate or f1 beddy grey x bull grey /deerhound greyhound  not none of the modern deerhound shit it’d have to be out of the old style gear that were doing a bit 

• Like 1
On 24/10/2023 at 19:13, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You’d do worse that that imho . Mc hull is a decent sort and he does me head in but I like what he keeps and so should most . 

I’ve got pick of the next litter that he breeds anyway , biggest dog , minimum 26in , guaranteed swamp masher . 

In keeping with the tradition of my naming policy of natural features from the local of the area. I sourced the pup ( fen , lake , Brook , cove , mere )  I’m very much looking to have “shithole “ ready to walk the big land 

Hi bud you can bring the dog down for a float along the sharp  turns of river Thames  e good 👍 

• Like 1

Found the beddy/collie cross a very good cross for a bit of everything if you can get a good un bred from the right stuff there a handy cross to have about only problem is finding them not bred from shit or cowards 

IMG_4513.jpeg

• Like 8
39 minutes ago, poxon said:

Found the beddy/collie cross a very good cross for a bit of everything if you can get a good un bred from the right stuff there a handy cross to have about only problem is finding them not bred from shit or cowards 

IMG_4513.jpeg

You still got that one, mate?

Quite a few around years ago, not so available anymore.  👍

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You still got that one, mate?

Quite a few around years ago, not so available anymore.  👍

Yes mate still got her she’s a lovely bitch I don’t do a great deal anymore sadly as family life an career have took over all my hunting activities bit sad really because I’d hoped to carry on with this type for as long as I could as this type really suits me and the land round here but I think she’ll be my last for a bit once her Nan goes and I don’t think that will be long.