Sea Carp

14 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Came up on my news feed earlier...I fish a spot where the river ely flows into Cardiff bay...you get pike,perch,carp,mullet the odd bass 👍DSC_3512.JPG.7b213a0c4642b680ff262b272a1c754c.JPGDSC_3574.JPG.03921e1270eb345f3e08c5aa79eaf2ac.JPGDSC_3553.JPG.1360f34a8438002455529c38aa049aad.JPG

I will advertise it as much as possible. Maybe start a new trend and see an influx of Carp Glampers heading to the coast Lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have a pond about 20mt in from the sea wall wher over the years kids have chucked flounder into this pure freshwater pond and now there are quite a few which have lost some of their colour and I have heard it said that some are almost white but I cannot confirm that is the case. 

Phil

• Like 1
On 20/10/2023 at 09:03, forest of dean redneck said:

Spooky last week someone posted pic of carp cruising the back of Weymouth harbour on fb .

IMG_1465.png

I have a pond of Koi ranging from around 7'' to 20'' and of course they live in a filtered freshwater environment however I add salt over winter to the pond which helps the fish stay healthy at a time when they are at their weakest with no ill effect to the fish sooooooo perhaps we under estimate what tolerances fish have with fresh to brackish to salt water.  We get mullet passing through lock gates into fresh water and pike going the other way.  I am not saying thoses fish stay in the new conditions but it may well be the case that the fish are able to live in brackish conditions with little or no effect to their life.  Just a thought.

Phil

8 hours ago, philpot said:

I have a pond of Koi ranging from around 7'' to 20'' and of course they live in a filtered freshwater environment however I add salt over winter to the pond which helps the fish stay healthy at a time when they are at their weakest with no ill effect to the fish sooooooo perhaps we under estimate what tolerances fish have with fresh to brackish to salt water.  We get mullet passing through lock gates into fresh water and pike going the other way.  I am not saying thoses fish stay in the new conditions but it may well be the case that the fish are able to live in brackish conditions with little or no effect to their life.  Just a thought.

Phil

I remember the tv program on fishing brackish water pike was it Jeremy wade somewhere Nordic ? 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I remember the tv program on fishing brackish water pike was it Jeremy wade somewhere Nordic ? 

Found this mate as I thought it was the Baltic.

WWW.PIKEPRIDE.NET

Pike fishing in baltic sea. Come and join our staff for a pike fishing week in south coast of Finland.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2