1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Just a microcosm look at Chinese technology;

I was in Australia and there was a promotion display of the Chinese Great Wall Steed pick up.

I had a look round and they seemed ok, especially for the ridiculously low price.

A couple of years later my local Citroen dealers was full of them, a bargain compared to the mainstream pick ups.

Six months later they were gone and it was back to being a Citroen dealership.

Later on I was at a shoot and a lad pulled up in one, he got out, slammed the door and the back window popped out and shattered !

I asked him what he thought of them ; “biggest pile of shite ever mate, I’ll be scrapping it, can’t get spares, I’m going back to Toyota !”,

Moral of the story; you only get what you pay for !

Cheers.

all the mg are made in china chart loads about this way 7 year warranty on them 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Theres just no hope 😱

If we had historically “kept our noses out” we would still be running around with wode on our faces…..we are a nation founded on conquest and piracy and basically nicking the other blokes stuff becaus

Posted Images

1 hour ago, paulus said:

The Chinese have hit a problem, After years of the one child only policy, 

Disproportionate number of men to women due to sex-specific abortions and female abandonment/infanticide (same as India),I think there’s around 30 million Chinese guys will never get married,it got so desperate polyandry was suggested as a solution,still a fascinating country however.

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Saic motor company. The maxus vans made by same company and there absolutely shite 

• Like 1

Yes, with western technology and plant. The Great Wall used Japanese engines but the build quality was shit.

MG isn’t a good example, they were shit when they were built here !

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Chid said:

Saic motor company. The maxus vans made by same company and there absolutely shite 

me pals still got one it has an italian engine ? put  some miles on it to be fair must be 15 year old now not had much bother 

As far as I’m aware, Chinese MG’s had their final assembly and PDI done in the UK at Longbridge until recently. The Chinese pulled out and all assembly and PDI is now done in China to save money.

Will this affect quality and reliability ? Who knows.

Cheers.

14 hours ago, mC HULL said:

russia have and are beating the west right now with ease in ukraine  while the west bankrupts itself 

all  the while china is sending fentanyl and chemicals to make it left right and center parts of the usa look worse then mogadishu 

I’m not worried, all the time we have you I’m sleeping sound.

Just walk to China and do them all in mate. 
You are the British Dr. Manhattan ! 

• Haha 2

me pals still got one it has an italian engine ? put  some miles on it to be fair must be 15 year old now not had much bother 

He ain't got a Chinese one .. they only started building them in 2019 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Just a microcosm look at Chinese technology;

I was in Australia and there was a promotion display of the Chinese Great Wall Steed pick up.

I had a look round and they seemed ok, especially for the ridiculously low price.

A couple of years later my local Citroen dealers was full of them, a bargain compared to the mainstream pick ups.

Six months later they were gone and it was back to being a Citroen dealership.

Later on I was at a shoot and a lad pulled up in one, he got out, slammed the door and the back window popped out and shattered !

I asked him what he thought of them ; “biggest pile of shite ever mate, I’ll be scrapping it, can’t get spares, I’m going back to Toyota !”,

Moral of the story; you only get what you pay for !

Cheers.

And would you pay £28500 for a Chinese electric vehicle as the government wants you to do Lol 

54 minutes ago, kanny said:

58 minutes ago, kanny said:

With that family it would appear, The the Apple never falls far from the tree. How the hell his brother became leader of a major political party in this country, defies belief. 

9 hours ago, paulus said:

The Chinese have hit a problem, After years of the one child only policy, They now have a huge gap in the number of old people and young people in there country, this added with unemployment rates in 16 - 24 year olds running at over 24%.

Its that bad that they are now offering incentives for families to have 3 or more kids, Not everything in China is as rosy as they portray, 

And a lack of females apparently. When they found out it was a girl they would have an abortion!