Brian Plummer.

Just thought it was worthy of a mention on here that today is the 20th anniversary of Brian Plummers death. That and the fact of how quickly time has passed.  If you're going to do it, do it.  Time and tide and all that malarky.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plummer and his books drew me to 2 things, the first was collie greyhounds and the second was Scotland.  From the moment I'd read all the books I dreamed of a blue mere half cross. But back then I cou

Don't know if it's just me but the older you get the faster it seems to go time that is.

Sadly I haven't been up for a good few years now. The last time I went we went island hopping off Orkneys. I took my old collie grey who I still have today but is 17 years old and on his last legs. I

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Just think a monkey that could use a hammer would be better employed as a roofer.

Great books and well written to be truthful. 

He was a wordsmith par excellence,right place right time for those of us who needed inspiration as kids.

ECE7E3F5-A486-43C2-AABA-1D3B9E21AC53.png

• Like 9
1 minute ago, mackem said:

He was a wordsmith par excellence,right place right time for those of us who needed inspiration as kids.

ECE7E3F5-A486-43C2-AABA-1D3B9E21AC53.png

My son was a big fan when he was a teenager. Collected all his books and articles and persuaded me to buy him a merle half cross from Hancock. It had the speed of a collie and the brain of a particularly retarded greyhound.

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 14
16 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I always enjoyed his reads, especially growing up over here, you could almost picture in your minds eye the events taking place then try to create your own when off school at the weekend, the guy could tell a story 

If I want a story I'll stick to cormac mcarthy, he wasn't my cup of tea ,eccentric chancer ,and I'm guessing typical of he's era ,fond of young meat ,white alsations ?? 

• Like 1