Working whippets

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

back in the good old days, ferrets n whippet, having fun

Flynn , a dog who I was lucky enough to spend 14yrs with , had some memorable times with him , epitomised man’s best friend.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, mackem said:

Similar book which is an exceptional read is A sporting chance by an author called Dan Marnnix who used to perform as a circus fire eater and magician under the name Grest Zadma,he was an author of note but a sporting chance has boomerang hunting,coursing with cheetah,ferreting,falconry,ferreting etc.

Every time i used to go to the libary with the old man as a nipper i would always get this book out to read i have to admit it was the first book that got me interested in hunting especially the chapter on ratting. What year was it first published mate.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Every time i used to go to the libary with the old man as a nipper i would always get this book out to read i have to admit it was the first book that got me interested in hunting especially the chapter on ratting. What year was it first published mate.

First published in 1967,I saw it in a library in the late 1970’s and nicked it (I found out a few years ago Sir Trevor Mcdonald used to nick library books as a kid so feel no guilt).

Such a good book,my favourite chapters were the ones on blowgun hunting and boomeranging (is it a word?It is now)ducks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2023 at 10:42, mackem said:

First published in 1967,I saw it in a library in the late 1970’s and nicked it (I found out a few years ago Sir Trevor Mcdonald used to nick library books as a kid so feel no guilt).

Such a good book,my favourite chapters were the ones on blowgun hunting and boomeranging (is it a word?It is now)ducks.

Never nicked a book from a library tbh mate though the school library was fair game lol. Though i have Plummers ferrets an ferreting with a library stamp in it.

44 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Never nicked a book from a library tbh mate though the school library was fair game lol. 

Never took from a school library tats,ours had nothing of interest in,but the public library was ripe to plunder for a school kid with nowt.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, mackem said:

Never took from a school library tats,ours had nothing of interest in,but the public library was ripe to plunder for a school kid with nowt.

Think a lot of that book nicking around me was down to the clip in the film Kes were Billy Casper nicked that book on falconry. Lol 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...