Don’t let your dog drink tap water

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I had to Google it, didn’t I ? Anyhow, the majority of articles say that tap water from a country with a good source, such as the UK , is perfectly fine for dogs, as it is for humans.

I’ve just ordered 500 bottles of volvic 

I always have a bowl of water out in the garden room for if the dogs are thirsty, always from the tap. However, they rarely drink from it and invariably prefer to drink the rusty coloured rain water w

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Lurcher23 said:

This post is referring to dogs not livestock. 

Mate no harm to you don't believe everything you read me personally never heard of anyone having problems with their dogs with top water and I have been around dogs a long time and my late father and grandparents all had greyhounds never had any problems at all 

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Mate no harm to you don't believe everything you read me personally never heard of anyone having problems with their dogs with top water and I have been around dogs a long time and my late father and grandparents all had greyhounds never had any problems at all 

I understand your point and its valid but to clarify my point I’m not suggesting if you give a dog tap water it will have an immediate negative effect and you’ll need to fetch the spade, I’m just raising my opinion to that from my own research tap water should be avoided for human consumption, and by extensions dogs as well. Obviously there are cases were this is not appropriate such as large animals and livestock etc.. but for such an easy and cheap change your animal will be better off for it as it will prevent the long term effects caused by the fluoride and other harmful chemicals in the water supply. Not all animals will show symptoms from tap water consumption but there is a chance that fluoride could contribute to an easily avoided illness wether it is directly caused or indirectly caused. If you think I’m mad or wasting your time then forget about it its your dog but in my opinion its a no brainer.

15 minutes ago, Lurcher23 said:

I understand your point and its valid but to clarify my point I’m not suggesting if you give a dog tap water it will have an immediate negative effect and you’ll need to fetch the spade, I’m just raising my opinion to that from my own research tap water should be avoided for human consumption, and by extensions dogs as well. Obviously there are cases were this is not appropriate such as large animals and livestock etc.. but for such an easy and cheap change your animal will be better off for it as it will prevent the long term effects caused by the fluoride and other harmful chemicals in the water supply. Not all animals will show symptoms from tap water consumption but there is a chance that fluoride could contribute to an easily avoided illness wether it is directly caused or indirectly caused. If you think I’m mad or wasting your time then forget about it its your dog but in my opinion its a no brainer.

Good man stick to your guns and il do what I've always done fill the bucket up with topwater and hope for the best lol each to their own all the best 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Good man stick to your guns and il do what I've always done fill the bucket up with topwater and hope for the best lol each to their own all the best 

Ps forgot to mention Northern Ireland dosint add fluoride to its water lol 😆 think we our the only ones that don't llf lol 😆 dosint change my opinion 😉 

2 hours ago, Black neck said:

What is the harm wi fluoride then 

loads mate 

they say it’s to stop cavity’s in teeth give good enamel but to much gives you brown teeth and weak teeth lol weak bones 

it’s linked to adhd in kids 

its also suppose to dumb you down it’s in prozac an anti depressant 

there loads a shit it does that’s bad but the government put it in our water to help us have nice teeth ffs lol

• Like 1

Seems to be a lot of conspiracy theory's going on here 🤔  

What about out int field when your dogs in farmyard drinking from puddles with cattle and horse shite and all the other lovely things floating about or out in field covered in slurry and shite or fertilisers, weedkillers and every other possible thing that seems to be slung on this green and pleasant land that runs off and ends up int our lovely waterways anyrode of which we all end up drinking 🤔🤔🤔

Seems like a lot of fuss over nowt to me 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1